Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 08:07 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I coach and spend a good bit of time in high school weight rooms. I just don't see that many hard core lifter who would be the likely users. I'm sure there are pockets of users where the word spreads and usage becomes higher. At my local high school, there is only one athlete who I would even suspect and that is because he is incredibly strong especially for his size.
That's a good point. There was a HS in our class growing up that had something like 3 athletes get popped for it in NCAA testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 08:24 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,459 times
I'm lucky that the man above blessed me with good genes and a natural big build. Never considered steroids as I felt when I was younger I was big enough. If I felt I was lacking, I'd pound the weights harder usually during the winter to prepare for the beach months. Still at the age of 48 I'm naturally big and haven't worked out in years. Though I do stay busy around the house and the backyard. Just enough to stay fit. A few of my fellow coworkers and friends that I may have suspected of using an advantage years ago, now have a few medical and/or physical problem and have "shrunk" to their normal size. Personally I don't understand why anyone would wanna use steroids but at the same time I kinda get it. Professionally we see it happen quite often. Players use to build up their stats, sign a mega multi million dollar contract and then get caught. Once that mega deal is completed, they still walk away with multi millions of dollars but their performance begins to suffer. But in their eyes it was worth it.
I can't honestly say if I had a scrawny, thin build, if I would have ever considered it. But luckily that thought has never crossed my mind.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:50 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Probably much of the same dynamics at-play as with why almost all women wear makeup. Mainly to make themselves look better, thusly, they feel better about themselves.

Its not healthy. I guess what they need now is worth the health problems that come later. Its like why do women plump up their lips. Sometimes so big it looks stupid. What do they see in a mirror that they think they need that. Do they do it for other women, because most guys think it just makes them look like fish lips. Its not a turn on.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:55 AM

171 posts, read 141,752 times
Lol underground steroids are very easy to get and one year worth of steroiss at 250mg a week, can cost only a few hundreds of dollars, I personally know where to get them and I was given a source by a legit bodybuilder who uses that source himself. Of course, Id never use steroids but it shows how easy it is. Do you think the average dude who wants muscle is going to spend money on pharma grade test and possibly getting the testosterone leglly through antiaging clinics? Lol

Anti aginf clinics will prescribe you legal testosterone even if your testosterone level is in the 500s nanograms. I asked around and they require a $200 monthly fee which includes the testosterone, blood work, supervision, anti estrogen meds, etc. For $200 you could run several cycles with underground steroids.

A doctor would never prescribe you test unless your testosterone is real low such as 250ng and below and if they prescribe you is a conservative dose such as 100mg of test a week, just rnoufh bring you average test levels

The problem with going underground is that unless you know the source is super legit, you could be getting underdosed test or worse contaminated with bacteria.

Id sau at least 30% of men you see in the gym are on roids or have done cycles.

Also how big can you get naturally and on steroid has very little to do with diet and traininf and everything to do with bone structure. People with thin bones/small bone structure will never be big regardless of what they do and that’s a fact. Only way they make look sort of big is using steroids and even theyd be limited by their bones.

As you know bones are fused to muscles, the bigger the bones, the bigger the muscles by default without doing anything at all.

Bodybuilding is basically a scam thats little to do with hard work and everything with genetics, hormones and bones. This doesn’t someone who who has small bones cant see gains but he will be very limited and he will look bigger than before but he will never be considered big and thats a hard pill to swallow for many men

Many realize bodybuilding is a scam and that’s why they use steroids despite knowing the risks

Old 12-12-2018, 10:54 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
Lol underground steroids are very easy to get and one year worth of steroiss at 250mg a week, can cost only a few hundreds of dollars, I personally know where to get them and I was given a source by a legit bodybuilder who uses that source himself. Of course, Id never use steroids but it shows how easy it is. Do you think the average dude who wants muscle is going to spend money on pharma grade test and possibly getting the testosterone leglly through antiaging clinics? Lol

Anti aginf clinics will prescribe you legal testosterone even if your testosterone level is in the 500s nanograms. I asked around and they require a $200 monthly fee which includes the testosterone, blood work, supervision, anti estrogen meds, etc. For $200 you could run several cycles with underground steroids.

A doctor would never prescribe you test unless your testosterone is real low such as 250ng and below and if they prescribe you is a conservative dose such as 100mg of test a week, just rnoufh bring you average test levels

The problem with going underground is that unless you know the source is super legit, you could be getting underdosed test or worse contaminated with bacteria.

What gym? Going to typical Globo gyms I'd say its closer to one or two guys in the gym. If you go to a powerlifting or hardcore bodybuilding gym then you'd up your percentage. If you go to a Planet Fitness or a yoga studio almost none.

In any case, I think that for the source you quoted, you're shooting vials of olive oil. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I do think your "average guy who wants muscle" is going to do some research and due diligence. Again, its not like Pre-Workout. It takes some forethought and planning.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
I am a former fitness competitor and powerlifter (way back for pl) and steroid use is not as widespread as people seem to think. Well not in the Midwest/central USA anyway. Most of the shows in our area are tested and I don't know of athletes around here that are smart enough to pass a lie detector test and urinalysis or where they would get their drugs from. Now the East and West coast I can't answer for. In CA, one is close to Mexico. But we don't have any obvious men (or women) around here that are interested in kidney failure, hair loss, acne and side effects (and no income but rather an expense to compete - even as a pro) to take vacations to go places to get any of this.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:11 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
Quote:
Bodybuilding is basically a scam thats little to do with hard work and everything with genetics, hormones and bones. This doesn’t someone who who has small bones cant see gains but he will be very limited and he will look bigger than before but he will never be considered big and thats a hard pill to swallow for many men

Frank Zane was known for his small bones and was a Mr. O. Try looking up natural male and female bodybuilders (NANBF) or go to the Beverly Nutrition website. There are plenty of natural athletes that look fabulous. I don't know why everyone thinks anything good is always accomplished with cheating.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:38 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Guess again. High schools surveys are dog crap.

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/p...professionals/

There you have it 0.5 percent for the adult population and 1% 18-34. Do you have any idea how expensive anabolic steroids are? You also need the lab test, post cycle therapy, syringes, supplements, and food to go with it. LOL for thinking 10% of high school athletes could get their hands on all of that.

Hello, it shrinks your genitals and gives you breasts. Sorry, but most small men are not that desperate to get muscles, not at that cost. 1% is 1%, not 10%.
You do know that there are testosterone supplements you don't have to inject, right?

Old 12-12-2018, 02:09 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I don't believe Jack LaLanne used steroids, he was pretty much into good health and nutrition.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:17 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:

Also how big can you get naturally and on steroid has very little to do with diet and traininf and everything to do with bone structure. People with thin bones/small bone structure will never be big regardless of what they do and that’s a fact. Only way they make look sort of big is using steroids and even theyd be limited by their bones.

As you know bones are fused to muscles, the bigger the bones, the bigger the muscles by default without doing anything at all.

Many realize bodybuilding is a scam and that’s why they use steroids despite knowing the risks
Wow....congrats this may set a new record for false/made up statements in 1 post....

30% of men you seen in the gym are on "roids"? Nope.....not even remotely close to the facts...

How "big you can get naturally has little to do with training and everything to do with bone structure"?

What are you TALKING about....that is absolutely nonsensical....bone structure adapts to muscle mass...not the other way around...

"As you know bones are "fused" to muscles....." Again....huh????

Maybe that's what YOU know but it isn't even remotely true...muscles aren't FUSED to bone....and muscle mass is not tied to bone structure...again

Body building is NOT a scam...it is not only possible it is absolutely TRUE that dedication to strength training will result in increased muscle mass if that is the desire and focus of weight training...

While there are definitely variations in body types and genetics that will limit how much muscle mass can be gained...EVERYONE will gain some mass and tone if they are dedicated to the process...

NO ONE gains muscle mass/tone without the "hard work" no matter the genetics and no matter the presence or absence of steroids....

You really need to learn a little about human physiology before making these ridiculous comments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness