U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 01:58 PM

1,532 posts, read 723,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Interesting here, I have taken DGL for some years but with being in hospital/rehabs had been off it for a while and finally got back with it...and I believe I'm feeling better overall and especially fatigue.

Non-DGL root is needed to raise cortisol. Your improvement is due to something else, unless you have a digestive/gastro issue you don't know about that was contributing to your fatigue, and DGL is helping with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 06:25 PM

8,045 posts, read 5,573,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
Adrenal fatigue? Lol how does one test for that?

I didnít say Inhave fatigue I just feel more tired than a few years ago. I feel less energetic after sleeping 8 hours which leads me to believe I may have some obstruction from my nasal polyps

I havenít been tested for vitamin d but Iím always doing stuff outside is almost impossible for me to have vitamin d deficiency as 3 years ago I would always be inside the house and never felt tired and had more energy than now

It has to be something related to my sleep

Anyway yeah Iíd rather pay for my own test though my insurance will start soon, I know how doctors can be a pain in the ass when it comes to agreeing to do a test for you, for example like thyroid, many doctors wouldnít have done a full panel like I did, they would have just tested for t3 and t4

I knew this and read of people experiecing this with doctors not willing to do full panels thatís why I paid for mine out of pocket rather the deal with their bs conservatism
Have you thought about talking to a Psychiatrist??

Old 12-17-2018, 06:43 PM

20,010 posts, read 6,625,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Non-DGL root is needed to raise cortisol. Your improvement is due to something else, unless you have a digestive/gastro issue you don't know about that was contributing to your fatigue, and DGL is helping with that.
Whatever it's doing I feel better back on it:

https://niftybenefits.com/benefits-dgl-licorice/

Old 12-17-2018, 07:24 PM

73,945 posts, read 65,612,735 times
It looks pretty good, OP. You should have included Anti-Thyroglobulin, too (the other thyroid antibody). Still. we can probably assume it's ok, given these results. That's a REALLY good result for your Anti-Thyroid TPO!

How much did this test cost, if you don't mind my asking? My current insurance only pays for one thyroid panel (including antibodies) per year, and I need to test twice/year, so I'm wondering what it would cost me out-of-pocket.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:45 PM

98 posts, read 16,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It looks pretty good, OP. You should have included Anti-Thyroglobulin, too (the other thyroid antibody). Still. we can probably assume it's ok, given these results. That's a REALLY good result for your Anti-Thyroid TPO!

How much did this test cost, if you don't mind my asking? My current insurance only pays for one thyroid panel (including antibodies) per year, and I need to test twice/year, so I'm wondering what it would cost me out-of-pocket.

This thyroid panel was $140 at a near lab test, which is very convenient since is a small company, no lines and results are emailed quickly. This test didn't include thyroglobulin, but there is one separately, that costs $50. Not sure if worth doing that in my case.

My mom told me she has low thyroid, where your immune system attacks your thyroid, also know as hashimotos, she takes meds for it, that's why I did the test. Not cheap, but considering my mom has this condition, I needed to know

I didn't have insurance, but even if I had, a doctor probably wouldn't have sent me for full panel. I read stories of people not having full panels done, because their doctor didn't want to order one for them.

My only concern here is that I think is possible to have low to no level of anti thyroid TPO, but you anti thyroglobulin are high, and now you're diagnosed as hashimoto.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
This thyroid panel was $140 at a near lab test, which is very convenient since is a small company, no lines and results are emailed quickly. This test didn't include thyroglobulin, but there is one separately, that costs $50. Not sure if worth doing that in my case.

My mom told me she has low thyroid, where your immune system attacks your thyroid, also know as hashimotos, she takes meds for it, that's why I did the test. Not cheap, but considering my mom has this condition, I needed to know

I didn't have insurance, but even if I had, a doctor probably wouldn't have sent me for full panel. I read stories of people not having full panels done, because their doctor didn't want to order one for them.

My only concern here is that I think is possible to have low to no level of anti thyroid TPO, but you anti thyroglobulin are high, and now you're diagnosed as hashimoto.
This is true, actually. Your TSH isn't elevated, though, which it would be, if you had Hashimoto's.

Have you considered other causes for your fatigue? Low B-12? That's fairly common in women. It can lead to depression.

Sleep apnea could have a variety of causes. Low adrenal hormone levels (have you been subjected to undue stress in the last year or two?(A move, job loss, new job, divorce, wedding/marriage, working 2 jobs, death of a loved one, victim of crime?) You could look for a dentist, who specializes in diagnosing and treating apnea that relates to the position of tongue at night, obstructing your windpipe. How old are you? Estrogen loss causes snoring and sometimes--apnea in older women.

That's all I've got, off the top of my head, at the moment.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-18-2018 at 09:58 PM..

Old 12-18-2018, 10:05 PM

1,439 posts, read 615,099 times
OP is a 34 year old male.

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

98 posts, read 16,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Lol 😂

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
OK, so testosterone and HGH loss cause snoring and sleep apnea in men, around middle age, though the OP has a ways to go, yet, age-wise.

OP, no Affordable Care Act insurance? You're not eligible, or it costs too much?

Old Today, 09:13 AM

1,923 posts, read 703,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It looks pretty good, OP. You should have included Anti-Thyroglobulin, too (the other thyroid antibody).
TPO!

Tests for the immune globulins are of academic interest, but don't influence treatment in the least. No need to get any of them done.

Also, no need to do testosterone levels either. The normal range is so great that a single test is meaningless, and even in a guy followed over several years and found to have falling levels, risks of accelerating CAD & prostate ca outweigh any benefits of replacement therapy. Don't confuse pooping out easily as you age with pathology requiring treatment.

Americans always seem to want to find refuge from their inadequacies in pills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness