Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I don't live in Canada for a reason!
Why, just because of fluoride? I would not base my reasons on living in a country because of a reason, like "F", but I'd sure love it if the U.S. would follow most of the world.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:36 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
Here's a much better written article about this:

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...ridating-water

The fact is, fluoridated water is the reason that the dental schools in the US cut their class sizes in HALF about 30 years ago. They foresaw that there would be greatly decreased business for dentists, because children who grew up drinking fluoridated water often grow up with NO cavities, never will have cavities, never will need fillings, root canals, implants, dentures, etc. People who grew up without fluoridated water will spend many tens of thousands of dollars on the above, and suffer pain and eventually the loss of their teeth.

In just 5 years, Windsor saw an enormous increase in tooth decay in young children - and this is just the tip of the iceberg! The kids who had the misfortune of being born in 2012 - 2015 will suffer decay in all their molars eventually, because the enamel is laid down over the five or six years before the teeth erupt. So their 6 yr old molars aren't even erupted yet, and all their premolars and molars other than their wisdom teeth will be vulnerable to decay. You can pretty much expect the same for the kids born from about 2010 - 2018, assuming they can get the fluoride back in the water in less than a year. If they can get it back in the water right away, the kids born in 2018 will be okay, but that whole cohort from about 2010 to 2018 is in trouble.

Poor kids. They're the innocent victims of "junk" science. Fluoridation of the public water supply is the cornerstone of preventing tooth decay, and they missed out on it because of some very vocal nutcases.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:45 PM

And what about Thyroid Disease from Fluoridation.

https://wakeup-world.com/2018/10/29/...ridated-water/

And what about Arthritis and Fluoridation

https://fluoridealert.org/issues/health/arthritis/

Old 12-20-2018, 07:57 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,977,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And what about Thyroid Disease from Fluoridation.

https://wakeup-world.com/2018/10/29/...ridated-water/

And what about Arthritis and Fluoridation

https://fluoridealert.org/issues/health/arthritis/

Those are both junk science websites.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:15 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
People still drink tap water?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Those are both junk science websites.
They are NOT...Dr. Paul Connett is the founder of FAN who is in the lead of the EPA lawsuit next year.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
People still drink tap water?
Lots of people do here; sometimes I forget why this surprises people. Until I go somewhere else. (Yuck)

Our water comes right off the continental divide from mountain springs & reservoirs. The water in Colorado Springs is so highly naturally fluoridated, that this is where fluorosis was discovered:

https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/health-inf...f-fluoridation

Some water treatment facilities here will dilute the water from regions in Colorado where the level is naturally low but one of our legal water sources, Bear Creek; is so high in Fluoride; the city utility department cannot use it at all.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:22 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Well, hip fractures and arthritis is talked about in the fluoride issues, that's what it's about with me. I live with probably 60 yrs of arthritis starting at 18, so could the "F" triggered it all. I'll never know. But sure has entered my mind for years. So....
I have hemorrhoids that I never had as a kid before "F"

Old 12-21-2018, 05:23 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Lots of people do here; sometimes I forget why this surprises people. Until I go somewhere else. (Yuck)

Our water comes right off the continental divide from mountain springs & reservoirs. The water in Colorado Springs is so highly naturally fluoridated, that this is where fluorosis was discovered:

https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/health-inf...f-fluoridation

Some water treatment facilities here will dilute the water from regions in Colorado where the level is naturally low but one of our legal water sources, Bear Creek; is so high in Fluoride; the city utility department cannot use it at all.
Yeah, I haven’t had tapwater in years. I wonder if the children in this particular city drink tapwater?

Around here most children receive a fluoride treatment at the dentist, after their cleaning. I wonder if that’s an option there?

Old 12-21-2018, 05:24 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
What are you talking about, bad dental health is money for the dentists, no? Or am I dreaming that is what dentists are all about. Do they make a living on good dental health? No dentist has gotten a penny from me in about 10 yrs for many reasons that I've posted in the dental area.
Even though putting fluoride in municipal drinking water helps fight against tooth decay, you still have people with bad genes, bad eating habits and bad oral hygiene that will keep dentists and future dentists busy for infinity times infinity to the infinityth power!

This is science fiction, but if you what to get rid of dentists (I don't believe this will ever happen by the way) find a mutation in a gene that allows someone to eat a ton of sugar every day literally, never brush or floss at all, and never drink water with fluoride in it and still never get a single cavity or tooth decay, then take that mutated gene and CRISPR it into designer babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness