U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:22 PM

20,324 posts, read 6,744,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Then, why does it say this online?

"17 percent of people who have had a hip replacement have trochanteric bursitis. ... In extreme cases, a person can have their bursa removed through ..."

Bursa sac inflammation anywhere is murder...so sorry, jamin.
Oh the hip replacement is the gift that keeps giving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:15 PM

4,941 posts, read 1,896,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
No the greater trochanter is still there after THA as is the trochanteric bursa. Trochanteric bursitis is actually fairly common after hip replacement but anyone can get it with or without replacement.
I was assuming a THR procedure had replaced the femur (at least the upper part including the trochanters, head, neck, and part of the shaft) with an implant. Granted, mine was done over 20 years ago so maybe that is less commonly done now. My apologies.

Old Today, 03:38 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,644,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I was assuming a THR procedure had replaced the femur (at least the upper part including the trochanters, head, neck, and part of the shaft) with an implant. Granted, mine was done over 20 years ago so maybe that is less commonly done now. My apologies.
Only the femoral head and neck are removed on the "femur side" of the joint, the socket or acetabulum is also replaced in a total hip replacement. The greater trochanter remains as does the trochanteric bursa...

https://www.verywellhealth.com/thmb/...b7d0e519cb.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness