U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

292 posts, read 145,491 times

Advertisements

So I visted my doctor and I told him about my continious pain in the abdomen for one year straight. I had a CT scan in my abdomen done already and nothing abnormal was shown. We talked a bit and he has asked me anything I did that made it feel better. I had thought for a while and after a couple of minutes of thinking through, I did remember when my gf came over I used the extra queen bed (its old) my dad had put away for storage (its also second hand) so I dont want to sleep on that, he got it from a yard sale.

Anyway long story short, I noticed that in a couple of days my abdominal pain was gone.. like just gone. As soon as I went back to my bed lying on my side (only seems to do it that way) my abdominal rectus pain comes back with a vegence and takes a while to go away. I can only lie on my back or stomach on my bed without disturbing my rectus abdominal muscles..

Back on the dirty second hand bed I was able to sleep on my side without pain! I explained this to the doctor. He advised me to go mattress shopping as maybe it could be the bed. I went to the mattress store and asked a sales person about mattresses and they asked me how old the mattress is, I said it was only 5 years old and the mattress was a good brand and costed a lot. They than asked me why I am coming to get a new one and I said the mattress was bent in the middle, 1inch crater in the middle from my shoulders to my butt. They told me maybe I could just get a new frame. I told them that the frame I had under the new mattress was really bowed and bent, and that I had it on for about 5 years (length I had the mattress) and I only changed the frame about a month ago, however even with the new STRAIGHT frame the bed has begun to still sag in the middle a little (its a coil spring) and they claimed to me that perhaps with all the years on a bad frame the mattress inside has warped caused the bed to sag .. which could be causing this pain. So I bought a new mattress for 800$ was originally 1700$ (a twin).

What do you guys think? Does it make sense to you all? Would love to head your opinions and inputs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

1,490 posts, read 637,726 times
Well, let me ask you this:

Why wouldn't your front side and your back side and your side side hurt sleeping on your stomach or your back or your side on a mattress with an obvious sagging crater in it? You are bowing right along with it.

No frame can fix that.

Put the new mattress on a new, straight frame.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Well, let me ask you this:

Why wouldn't your front side and your back side and your side side hurt sleeping on your stomach or your back or your side on a mattress with an obvious sagging crater in it? You are bowing right along with it.

No frame can fix that.

Put the new mattress on a new, straight frame.
Well no.. I just wrote that sleeping on my back or stomach doesnt cause pain.. only when sleeping on my side on my mattress that has that things I mentioned on top. But the frame user is bran new however it still sags like 1 inch.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM

4,518 posts, read 6,822,938 times
Does your frame have a post dead center in the middle which holds up the mattress in the middle to keep it from sagging?

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM

4,968 posts, read 1,909,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Does your frame have a post dead center in the middle which holds up the mattress in the middle to keep it from sagging?
If the mattress is larger than a twin size it can still sag in the middle. There are crossbars for the frame you can buy that will help a lot. Depending on the brand/design of the mattress frame you can probably find one on Amazon to fit it. I've done this...made a huge difference!

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If the mattress is larger than a twin size it can still sag in the middle. There are crossbars for the frame you can buy that will help a lot. Depending on the brand/design of the mattress frame you can probably find one on Amazon to fit it. I've done this...made a huge difference!
The bed is a twin a size.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM

15,698 posts, read 15,630,408 times
Try flipping and rotating your mattress, you may have a wear-spot that is causing your problem,
or making your problem worse.

Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Try flipping and rotating your mattress, you may have a wear-spot that is causing your problem,
or making your problem worse.
The bed is one sided.. but I have rotated many times.. made no difference.. I guess because my abdomen is the middle of the bed..

Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM

15,698 posts, read 15,630,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
The bed is one sided.. but I have rotated many times.. made no difference.. I guess because my abdomen is the middle of the bed..
Yeah, those one-side mattresses are something I would avoid..........I have a bad back. I have an old mattress that is good for my back, it is in great shape, I have been flipping it regularly since I got it ages ago.

Old Today, 11:28 AM

Who knew abdominal pain can come from a bed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness