U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:53 AM

14,158 posts, read 7,702,005 times

Advertisements

Cities with the fewest barometric changes:
https://www.securevideo.com/blog/201...etric-pressure

(the website lists all the cities, not just the "best" and "worst")

20 Major U.S. Cities with the Least Barometric Variation (days per year of >= .20 changes)

Honolulu (0 days per year)
Miami (4)
San Diego (7)
Los Angeles (7)
Tampa (11)
San Jose (14)
Sacramento (18)
San Francisco (18)
Phoenix (22)
New Orleans (22)
Jacksonville (22)
Birmingham (29)
Houston (29)
Atlanta (37)
San Antonio (37)
Austin (37)
Memphis (44)
Las Vegas (47)
Little Rock (48)
Charleston, SC (48)
Not surprisingly, it is the southern cities which have the fewest days of variation. The “worst” list reinforces this theme:

20 U.S. Cities with the Most Barometric Variation (days per year of >= .20 changes)

Augusta, Maine (128 days per year)
Rapid City, SD (127)
Montpelier, VT (117)
Bismarck, ND (117)
Boston (116)
Colorado Springs (113)
Denver (110)
Billings, MT (109)
Providence (109)
New Haven (105)
Cheyenne (105)
Anchorage (104)
Detroit (102)
New York City (99)
Buffalo (98)
Minneapolis (98)
Omaha (94)
Chicago (91)
Philadelphia (90)
Baltimore (87)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 01:40 PM

11 posts, read 4,110 times
Denver is right up there. The city sucks enough with all the changes, rude people moving here and rapid growth, extra pollution. Raised on a ranch, no longer there, was the best time of my life.
Sorry, went off topic. Will be moving as soon as husband retires end of year. I will not have access to pain meds very soon. It cuz of me that we are looking for a better place to live. I have been looking into Northern Idaho
IS THIS A BAD CHOICE? I cannot stand the heat, my migraines get SO much worse

Old 01-14-2019, 02:02 PM

10,797 posts, read 7,870,140 times
Please don't rush off to Memphis, the sinusitis capital of the world. I blame crop dusters broadcasting multiple chemicals on the cotton crops surrounding that city.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:28 PM

When the barometric pressure drops below 29.8 I get hit. Something I have started to watch when I feel the pain coming on.
Chemicals really do a number on me.
Sinus headaches are horrible. A very tight headband has given me relief from them, not taking then away, but making them less severe.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:28 AM

4,941 posts, read 2,483,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubystandingDEER View Post
Denver is right up there. The city sucks enough with all the changes, rude people moving here and rapid growth, extra pollution. Raised on a ranch, no longer there, was the best time of my life.
Sorry, went off topic. Will be moving as soon as husband retires end of year. I will not have access to pain meds very soon. It cuz of me that we are looking for a better place to live. I have been looking into Northern Idaho
IS THIS A BAD CHOICE? I cannot stand the heat, my migraines get SO much worse
I believe Idaho gets some really hot days in the summer. They can be well over 100 degrees. You might do better somewhere on the West Coast in Washington, Oregon, or California. For instance, one city just south of Santa Cruz, CA (I think it was called Castroville) never got higher than 85 one summer I watched the temps there. I'd move there myself if I could afford it.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:07 PM

1,019 posts, read 252,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubystandingDEER View Post
When the barometric pressure drops below 29.8 I get hit. Something I have started to watch when I feel the pain coming on.
Chemicals really do a number on me.
Sinus headaches are horrible. A very tight headband has given me relief from them, not taking then away, but making them less severe.
Have you tried the new anti-CGRP antibody medicines?
They are the first specifically for migraine and have very good data on prevention. When you do get one you can still take a sumatriptan or such.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:28 AM

13,422 posts, read 18,111,555 times
I can believe that city info because when I lived in florida I never had the issues I have here in sc with sinuses and my migraines . I have had migraines since I was 16 yrs old and a dr once told me he said he had never seen anyone as young as I was to have migraines he believed they are hereditary . I believe the higher humidity keeps them at bay as well . But what works for me may not work for you . I know over the years they have lessened so apparently the older you get the less severe they are at least for me . Also missed a lot of senior year high school because of migraines and a car accident which injured several areas of my body so had to have a teacher come to my home and tutor me so I could get my diploma . I might want to add stress does not help them either .

Old Today, 10:42 AM

So many of us with the same problem! Northern Idaho is low in altitude and I am hoping that will make Bonners Ferry a good choice. Here, 16 miles north of Denver, I swear the barometric pressure is like a rollercoaster!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness