U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 14 times

Advertisements

When I was 7 I jumped on the back of a tractor and my left leg was caught in the PTO.I spent several months in the hospital in traction then a body cast then finally a walking cast. I had broken my leg is 3 spots above the ankle above the knee and below my hip. well I am 50 now and I am having a lot of problems with left hip pain, and back pain. I do know that when they did my walking cast they told my mother that the bones above my ankle had not set properly and they wanted to rebreak it and set it straight but she told them now. I am thinking that this is causing some of my hip pain, but I cant get a dr to listen to me. t
The Dr also told my mother that I would have problems with that leg when I got older and so far he has been right. so what should I do no dr will listen to me and they are not taking it seriously, but I think its a little ironic that all my pain is on my left leg. Should I just keep telling every dr about this experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:59 AM

10,976 posts, read 19,374,081 times
Don't present it to the doctor as something that happened to you 40 years ago. That sounds like something that's too long ago to fix. Describe your current pain and how it impacts or limits your daily activities and ask for a referral to an orthopaedic doctor. That doctor can order x rays and see if you need surgery, or refer you to a physical therapist.

Old Today, 12:05 PM

20,522 posts, read 6,825,953 times
As far as your broken bones years ago Yes I believe could be causing today's issues. But I rather agree don't bring that up if you can help it...I know what you believe but the doctors and what they believe are another thing. And this may be something you need to live with unless so unbearable, then keep pursuing.

And most likely arthritis has set in due to those breaks and wear and tear over the years. Have the doctors you've seen mentioned arthritis?

Last edited by jaminhealth; Today at 01:00 PM..

Old Today, 11:46 PM

15,720 posts, read 15,666,108 times
The improperly set bone very well could be causing you problems. The alignment of various points of your body is probably off enough to cause all sorts of pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or