U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:46 PM

4,066 posts, read 3,066,384 times

Advertisements

Take her in for a checkup ASAP. You don't have to tell her that it's about weight, but the doc should know of your concern. If she's fine, nothing lost beyond an hour of your time. But if she does have a health problem or an eating disorder, and you don't act on it earlier rather than later, you'll have to carry that guilt with you.

Old Today, 05:15 PM

85,700 posts, read 100,126,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The height and weight charts were made by life insurance companies anyway. Most people do not know that physicians had nothing to do with it.
The BMI charts are from the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/

Old Today, 05:21 PM

5,181 posts, read 1,699,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
The BMI charts are from the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/
Did I say BMI? No.

I said height and weight. Which were originally created by life insurance companies.

Let me know where I said life insurance companies created BMI formula. /eyeroll/

Old Today, 06:04 PM

14,016 posts, read 7,591,185 times
Quote:
Did I say BMI? No.

I said height and weight. Which were originally created by life insurance companies.

Let me know where I said life insurance companies created BMI formula. /eyeroll/
Haha - so pretty much completely irrelevant to the conversation. Jo48 was talking about "Waist and Hip" measurements, not even "height and weight".

Old Today, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Haha - so pretty much completely irrelevant to the conversation. Jo48 was talking about "Waist and Hip" measurements, not even "height and weight".
Oh my mistake. I'll ask you next time what information I can or cannot post.

Good grief. Maybe take your own advice and stop worrying about other people?

[clicks ignore]

Old Today, 06:32 PM

85,700 posts, read 100,126,654 times
Quote:
Did I say BMI? No.

Height/weight tables (including measuring height with shoes on) have been supplanted by BMI.

Old Today, 06:36 PM

OP, good luck with your daughter.

Old Today, 07:11 PM

18,526 posts, read 17,693,318 times
THREE people in this thread have received infractions for personal attacks and being off topic/derailing the thread. Thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness