U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 12:21 PM

1,506 posts, read 663,864 times

Advertisements

While I would vote in favor of the problem most likely being hemorrhoids, OP posted in November that his cat had worms. Worms would be a reasonable thing to question.

I also vote for another doctor's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 12:31 PM

3,371 posts, read 1,398,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
TREAT YOURSELF FOR PINWORMS FIRST!!!!! If you have pinworms, which you could have picked up anywhere, and is very common in people who put their hands to their mouths, such as nail biters, you could have gotten pinworms. The treatment for it is safe, and is available over the counter.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...EALw_wcB&o=acs

and repeat it again a week later.

If that doesn't work, then go see a proctologist. They are gastroenterologists who specialize in the tushy. I agree that a colonoscopy is a bit much, but if you're unable to even tolerate a rectal exam.
I think the OP needs to make another try at the rectal exam. I mean to me it seems obvious that itís a little less unpleasant than having to go through the day+ prep for a colonoscopy. A rectal exam takes what- a couple of minutes at worst?

That said, one of my friends who is the OPís age did have to do a colonoscopy. I believe he had already tried a variety of things (he did not have hemorrhoids) and they were not working. I think he had incorporated some foods into his diet that had caused some problems and once he cut them out, his problems resolved.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:38 PM

22,200 posts, read 18,707,528 times
Hemorrhoids.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:12 PM

21,120 posts, read 7,114,378 times
OP mentioned the "itchy" issue and I've experienced that at various times and now and then deal with IBS but find zinc oxide to be a wonderful healer. I keep Desitin in my stash.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:12 PM

4,295 posts, read 3,557,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You must be joking. You went to 1 doctor, then another (no clue why you needed another doc), then ate food on the day of the test, now you want a forum to give you medical advice?

Do not use Google or you'll be back with more questions. You could have anything from Hemorrhoids to cancer. No one other than a med professional can help you now.

Do your parents know you're not just getting some random test (hence the "you're too young for a colonoscopy) and that you have an issue??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You could go to a third doctor and see what they say. Or you could reschedule the colonoscopy and follow the instructions the doctor gives you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I had one done. So what. Don’t worry you’re not gonna turn gay bcause doc shoved his finger or a camera in your anus. Oh and follow the damn directions.
Get a colonoscopy moron.
Quote:
You think because of your diet you will never get colon cancer? Talk about naive. But that's your deal. Colonoscopies save lives. That is a fact.
Yes to all of the above!

OP, please believe me this is the very best advice you're going to receive...so do yourself a favor and follow the doctor's directions to a T (to a tittle) and proceed with the recommended colonoscopy, please.

At the very most you will find out if there is a serious problem (we all hope not) and at the very least you will have this test done and in your rearview mirror before you know it. Best wishes in resolving this!

Old 01-14-2019, 01:55 PM

17,225 posts, read 18,637,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have dealt with hemms all my adult life and I'm 80..changed diet a lot, cut way back of Meats and added much more greens and fiber foods. Take magnesium faithfully and a rare bird around these parts, NEVER have done a colonoscopy and I'm NOT a moron . And trust I am OK.
And my uncle died of liver and colon cancer and he was 84. What exactly have you proven? Absolutely nothing at all. Oh he didn’t get checked either. But you’re a tough guy. You’ll crap that cancer right out

If you’re bleeding out of your anus it’s better to get checked out. But YOU do whatever YOU want and I’ll do whatever I want.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:07 PM

5,079 posts, read 6,136,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
And my uncle died of liver and colon cancer and he was 84. What exactly have you proven? Absolutely nothing at all. Oh he didnít get checked either. But youíre a tough guy. Youíll crap that cancer right out

If youíre bleeding out of your anus itís better to get checked out. But YOU do whatever YOU want and Iíll do whatever I want.
When I got my first colonoscopy at the age of 50 I was the picture of health. Only eating fresh foods, exercising, in fact I did a triathlon. I had perfect cholesterol numbers and perfect blood pressure. I had three polyps. Those could have easily been cancerous down the road had I not had the colonoscopy and had them removed.
For people who refuse to get this potential life saving test may find themselves at a stage of colon cancer they cannot come back from.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:32 PM

21,120 posts, read 7,114,378 times
Quote:
Yes, but you state your health as anecdotal evidence time and time again, when in reality you have just been very lucky that you haven't had any issues.
What else is there? I do NOT run to docs for everything that goes bump in the world with me. Thanks for all of you telling me what I SHOULD be doing. You all keep the doctors doing just fine.

The OP was told from one doc hemms and the other one pushing for the test,,,and he should run for the invasive and could do damage test?

As for me, I go a lot of what my family long history has proven and when I'm done on this earth I'm done, like many say here, we gotta go some way, but I'm doing it my way.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:08 PM

5,526 posts, read 2,135,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
While I would vote in favor of the problem most likely being hemorrhoids, OP posted in November that his cat had worms. Worms would be a reasonable thing to question.

I also vote for another doctor's opinion.
Doesn't explain the abdominal pain or the bleeding....

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-14-2019 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-14-2019, 03:28 PM

5,526 posts, read 2,135,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have dealt with hemms all my adult life and I'm 80..changed diet a lot, cut way back of Meats and added much more greens and fiber foods. Take magnesium faithfully and a rare bird around these parts, NEVER have done a colonoscopy and I'm NOT a moron . And trust I am OK.
You've dealt with them "all your adult life"? Sort of begs the question how effective those choices are actually "working for you" doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness