U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 03:31 PM

12,823 posts, read 14,971,031 times

Advertisements

Have the colonoscopy. The worst part is the prep. I don't know why your parents were shocked. If you are having symptoms, it doesn't matter what your age is. It could be just hemorrhoids, but wouldn't you rather know if it's that or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 04:16 PM

5,077 posts, read 6,134,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What else is there? I do NOT run to docs for everything that goes bump in the world with me. Thanks for all of you telling me what I SHOULD be doing. You all keep the doctors doing just fine.

The OP was told from one doc hemms and the other one pushing for the test,,,and he should run for the invasive and could do damage test?

As for me, I go a lot of what my family long history has proven and when I'm done on this earth I'm done, like many say here, we gotta go some way, but I'm doing it my way.
Don't get your nose out of joint. You have made it abundantly clear you despise MD's. You have also made it clear you think you will not get sick because of your diet and supplements. Great. I hope you do stay healthy.

When one doc says colonoscopy and the other says its just an itch, I am going to pay attention to the colonoscopy doc. Maybe I will even get a third opinion. Cancer doesn't discriminate and I dont want to take the chances of a stage one going to a stage 4 because I dont like tests.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:24 PM

21,111 posts, read 7,105,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You've dealt with them "all your adult life"? Sort of begs the question how effective those choices are actually "working for you" doesn't it?
Oh good grief, I live fine with what I do and for sure electing no surgery like many do. One can live very well with hems. We can do so much to live comfortably with hems.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:55 PM

8,506 posts, read 5,783,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post

The main symptom that is bothering the most is the itching anus. I can be walking down the street and it start itching. I also sometimes have stomach pain too.
Not wiping well-use lotion to wipe. Or wash after wiping
Worms
Fungus
Hemorrhoids

The stomach pain has nothing to do with your butt.

Get the colonoscopy!!

Why the hell did you eat the day before the last scheduled one? FOLLOW directions!

Old 01-14-2019, 04:58 PM

8,506 posts, read 5,783,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Sounds like hemmroids to me and I would do a lot of my own research and make sure you are NOT majorally blocked and not constipated ... There are many therapies to work with and I would use Dr. Google before I'd run for a major test.
If Dr Jam says it's hemorrhoids, it must be hemorrhoids! NOT! (Unless she examined you)

Use your common sense. You (or your insurance company) paid your Dr to get a diagnosis, do what your Dr says!

Old 01-14-2019, 04:59 PM

5,176 posts, read 2,066,621 times
I had a friend who died of colon cancer at the age of 19.

GET THE COLONOSCOPY!!!!

Old 01-14-2019, 07:27 PM

2,302 posts, read 1,750,552 times
I'm only 30 and had a colonoscopy last year, recommended by my doctor based on symptoms(nothing severe but worrisome). Your doctor suggested it because of the issues your having and the fact they couldn't do an exam. It's truely better safe then sorry with some things and this to me is one of those. Most likely, nothing serious. However serious problems and minor issues can have similar symptoms.. hence the recommendation.

If you decide to do the colonoscopy know that I was very scared about it including the prep but it was nothing! Really not bad, worst thing was not eating for a day. I was asleep for the procedure and recovery was easy(once your awake, you leave) had no pain or problems from it. Just know that age doesn't matter, young people can have colon cancer, colitis etc so I think it's good that doctors want to rule those serious things out and not just guess at it.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:41 PM

9,308 posts, read 16,919,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I had a friend who died of colon cancer at the age of 19.

GET THE COLONOSCOPY!!!!
A friend of mine died at 38 from colon cancer. I haven't died yet, perhaps because I had a colonoscopy about 4 years ago and had the pre-cancerous polyps that they found removed at that time. I just had another colonoscopy done a few months ago. No problems, and it was nice to get that report.

OP, chances are the doc won't find anything wrong during a colonoscopy, but he/she wants to be sure. You should want that too. So should your parents, especially if they know about your abdominal pain.

Prepping for the colonoscopy is the worst part for us patients. It's literally a pain in the posterior, but the "pain" is minimal. So we're really down to discomfort for maybe 2-4 hours total. Man up. It's a simple, safe test that could save your life.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 PM

5,014 posts, read 3,140,871 times
could be an anal fissure or several anal fissures - put 'anal fissure' into google.com and read about them

anal fissures (a break in the skin, a small sever in the skin) and hemorrhoids are very common and take a while to get rid of and heal

are you eating enough vegetables which provide crucial fiber to your system? if not, that is one big change you can make to make bodily systems and your colon healthier - and free of hemorrhoids and fissures or definitely help in preventing more of them

Not eating enough fiber can make one strain mightily when evacuating, putting pressure on the anus, and causing anal fissures and hemorrhoids - feces should easily flow out and if it does not, you are not eating right and eating with enough fiber

Last edited by matisse12; 01-14-2019 at 10:16 PM..

Old 01-15-2019, 01:00 AM

2,550 posts, read 1,818,537 times
The inability to do a digital exam (assuming the doctor knows how to do one) is NOT NORMAL. Do the colonoscopy. It's never too early for that first colonoscopy (but for some, they'll tell you it was too late to get that first one, and they speak from their graves).

The stomach pain is interesting. You do not describe your bowel habits, but I hope the doctor asks you about that - and, in vivid detail. What you describe so far is part of what happens in some forms of irritable bowel syndrome - which is treatable.

Time to find out what's going on, and, in the process, they're gonna do a colonoscopy no matter what. So, let them do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness