Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 PM

69 posts, read 77,926 times

Advertisements

I am 34 years old and I went to the GI doctor a few years ago and told him my symptoms which is my butt itching and blood on toilet tissue sometimes. He said he think it’s hemmoroids and he gave me cream for itching and cream for pain. The cream helped

Fast forward to now I went to another doctor because of the same symptoms and he said he wants to do a colonoscopy. He tried to put his finger in my butt but I couldn’t handle it so he said he’ll do a colonoscopy. I wind up eating the day before the colonoscopy so I couldn’t get the test done. Plus I was nervous about the test and don’t really want to do it anyway.

The main symptom that is bothering the most is the itching anus. I can be walking down the street and it start itching. I also sometimes have stomach pain too.

My parents were shocked that the doctor asked me to do a colonoscopy at my age. The 1st doctor said it’s hemmorroids but this 2nd doctor wanted to do a colonoscopy to make sure it’s that.

My question is what should I do? Does anyone here think it’s hemmorroids based on my symptoms? Could it be something else? Do I really need a colonoscopy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 06:21 PM

15,108 posts, read 27,555,479 times
You'd rather not try hemmoroid ointment and instead deal with the issues?

Old 01-13-2019, 06:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,561,763 times
Sounds like hemmroids to me and I would do a lot of my own research and make sure you are NOT majorally blocked and not constipated ... There are many therapies to work with and I would use Dr. Google before I'd run for a major test.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:33 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,332,714 times
I believe you can develop interior hemerroids as well as exterior, and since he couldnt' do the digital examination, a colonoscopy under anesthesia seems reasonable.
If you take regular medication, the itching could be the result of that.
Also, make sure you are cleaning yourself thoroughly after elimination. There are moistened wipes that are very helpful for doing that properly in addition to tissue (Charmin Freshmates, for example). If bidets were popular in the US, that would be the thing to keeping yourself clean.
Another possibility - the toilet tissue you're using has something in it that you're allergic to.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,196,294 times
You must be joking. You went to 1 doctor, then another (no clue why you needed another doc), then ate food on the day of the test, now you want a forum to give you medical advice?

Do not use Google or you'll be back with more questions. You could have anything from Hemorrhoids to cancer. No one other than a med professional can help you now.

Do your parents know you're not just getting some random test (hence the "you're too young for a colonoscopy) and that you have an issue??????

Last edited by LLCNYC; 01-13-2019 at 07:16 PM..

Old 01-13-2019, 08:43 PM

3,275 posts, read 2,978,908 times
I can't address the stomach issue, and I'm the last person to tell anyone not to get a colonoscopy, because I believe wholeheartedly in them. But if you look it up online, you'll see that there are a lot of people with this issue, many of whom have been seeking relief for years. One thing I read said that most doctors will tell you it's hemorrhoids, but it can happen for other reasons as well, such as being allergic to the soap you use, to certain foods, to moist wipes, or even from wiping and washing too diligently.

From personal experience (going on 20+ years with better days and worse days but no real solution except that at times it seems to be food related) it can be a real pain in the you know what to diagnose and treat, so I wish you luck.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:25 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,761,366 times
You could go to a third doctor and see what they say. Or you could reschedule the colonoscopy and follow the instructions the doctor gives you.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:47 PM

26,636 posts, read 28,433,148 times
We had another thread here a while back and someone said food allergy could cause this. So you could also try eliminating some of the most allergenic foods for a few days: milk, wheat, eggs. One at a time for about four days and see if the itching and stomach pain go away. I think if you had hemorrhoids, the dr could see or feel them but I'm not sure about that.

That's just an idea--I really don't know. Good luck.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:34 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,044,050 times
Hmm. Well, I don't see a problem with the colonoscopy. I would rather run the experiment and verify that colon cancer etc is not the problem.

You could have internal hemorrhoids too. For that you need Preparation H suppositories, which are inserted in the orifice which is causing you pain. They are available over the counter. I have this problem too, diagnosed as internal hemorrhoids. I use the suppositories for it. There's a cream that can be administered internally as well, but the suppositories are a lot easier to deal with, lol.

The doctor said there was a small chance that radiation exposure aboard submarines was to blame, but my exposure, while the highest among anyone who was not assigned to operate the reactor or nuclear machinery (according to the Executive Officer), was still quite small.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,336,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
I am 34 years old and I went to the GI doctor a few years ago and told him my symptoms which is my butt itching and blood on toilet tissue sometimes. He said he think it’s hemmoroids and he gave me cream for itching and cream for pain. The cream helped

Fast forward to now I went to another doctor because of the same symptoms and he said he wants to do a colonoscopy. He tried to put his finger in my butt but I couldn’t handle it so he said he’ll do a colonoscopy. I wind up eating the day before the colonoscopy so I couldn’t get the test done. Plus I was nervous about the test and don’t really want to do it anyway.

The main symptom that is bothering the most is the itching anus. I can be walking down the street and it start itching. I also sometimes have stomach pain too.

My parents were shocked that the doctor asked me to do a colonoscopy at my age. The 1st doctor said it’s hemmorroids but this 2nd doctor wanted to do a colonoscopy to make sure it’s that.

My question is what should I do? Does anyone here think it’s hemmorroids based on my symptoms? Could it be something else? Do I really need a colonoscopy
Your parents aren't medical doctors, safe to assume. What they say in the matter is meaningless.

If a doctor wants you to do a test, and you don't agree with doing the test, then seek a second opinion from a top doctor in the field in your area.

The fact the doctor couldn't exam you without pain is a real concern. If you need to do the colonoscopy, then do it. Millions of people get them done all the time. You are asleep while its done, and not a big deal.

But your biggest problem here is you don't want to follow directions. Your age has nothing to do with this, the doctor needs to do a real examination of you which can't be done without a colonoscopy it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness