U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 11:06 AM

29 posts, read 19,156 times

Advertisements

In short, I have always wanted a rhinoplasty. I have a bump on my nose and I'd love to get it sort. It's not making it impossible to breath or anything like that.

I see some prices ranging from a few thousand to way past $10,000. One of them is seriously doable, the other is not even close.

I was wondering if I am wasting a doctors time by doing this? I know some people can go in and have whatever cash they need on hand, but I am not one of those people. I can only afford it at the lower end.

This may seem quite trivial, but I'd hate to go in, have them tell me a high price and then let them go on for an hour without knowing I won't even be a client.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:21 AM

2,667 posts, read 1,906,514 times
I suggest you call and ask about the average cost at each Dr. A few years ago I wanted Breast enhancement, many years earlier I had breast reduction, Long story but point is it took me 8 doctors to find the right one. It was a horrible experience as several of them were just plain nasty to me.
Hopefully you won't have such problems but you do want to interview doctors till you find one you are in agreement with and that you can afford. There are also companies that offer financing for plastic surgery, most of the doctors can put you in touch with them in case you want to go that route.
Good luck.

Old Today, 11:22 AM

20,594 posts, read 6,851,323 times
OP: I don't think you are wasting a doctor's time, ask for a free consult. Maybe they do that anyway, I don't know. But depending on how big a job it would be for your nose, make sure a good doctor is consulted. I had a "bump" taken off about 45 yrs ago and it was a great job. Back then my employer insurance covered the work as I recall...long time ago.

Many with larger noses with a bump are very attractive people regardless.

But for me back then, I wanted it done. I'm a female.

Old Today, 12:06 PM

4,990 posts, read 6,059,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy92l View Post
In short, I have always wanted a rhinoplasty. I have a bump on my nose and I'd love to get it sort. It's not making it impossible to breath or anything like that.

I see some prices ranging from a few thousand to way past $10,000. One of them is seriously doable, the other is not even close.

I was wondering if I am wasting a doctors time by doing this? I know some people can go in and have whatever cash they need on hand, but I am not one of those people. I can only afford it at the lower end.

This may seem quite trivial, but I'd hate to go in, have them tell me a high price and then let them go on for an hour without knowing I won't even be a client.
Most plastic surgeons charge for consultations. They often will apply that payment to the cost of the procedure.

Old Today, 03:46 PM

5,054 posts, read 1,950,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy92l View Post

Are you asking for a free consultation or responding to an offer of free consultations? Chances are, the doc only needs one or two potential patients to decide on an expensive procedure for such offers to pay off. Its probably a little more likely you will end up going ahead with a procedure if you act on your wish, have the consult and hear how routine and doable the procedure is. The more you visualize it the more "real" and attainable it will get. Part of it is human nature. Part is probably salesmanship. But hey, if its right for you, its right for you.

Old Today, 04:12 PM

4,990 posts, read 6,059,822 times
If you want to go through with it please find a board certified plastic surgeon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness