Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 08:50 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Yes, pro-cannabis activists can come off sounding overly enthusiastic about marijuana, and that I'm sure this attitude puts some people off. It's not for everyone, and it's not a cure-all. Anti-pot crusaders who think that cannabis is dangerous and that anyone who uses it is a loser can sound just as ridiculous.

There's so much misinformation out there. I'm guessing that the truth lies somewhere between those two extremes. We just don't know enough about cannabis yet, but I'm hoping with more research people will make informed choices on whether to use it and get educated on how to use it safely and responsibly.
I totally agree.

It works for me, and I hope one day to be able to purchase (or grow my own) and consume without having to sneak around like a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 12:27 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
You're in Wisconsin. Good luck.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:58 AM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I totally agree.

It works for me, and I hope one day to be able to purchase (or grow my own) and consume without having to sneak around like a criminal.
I'm sorry that you don't live in a legal state, AguaDulce. With any luck this will change eventually. What I like most about legal cannabis is that there is a wide variety of different products available. You can know exactly what you're getting and be reasonably sure that it is what it says it is and is not contaminated. (I say "reasonably" because a recent study here in California showed that products from some legal cannabis suppliers that were being sold in dispensaries contained pesticide residue. The companies who produce these products are suspected of faking their lab results.)

Old 02-16-2019, 04:29 AM

172 posts, read 146,377 times
I have known quite a few people in my many years here in Hawaii who smoke cannabis daily and have done so for years. A few of them are quite normal, laid back but fully functioning individuals. Quite a few seemed to have achieved far less than they should have in life but that was their choice and they seem for the most part happy. A small percentage are quite odd. I think they may have mental issues that their consumption exacerbates. Sometimes greatly.
Pot is kind of like the opposite of most drugs. The bad/weird behavior from cannabis comes when they are not high. I have noticed a lot of anxious, angry and delusional behavior that goes away when they get high. This group also seems to revel in conspiracy theories in an almost comical way.
The definition of schizophrenia:
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal behavior, strange speech and a decreased ability to understand reality. Other symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that do not exist, reduced social engagement and emotional expression and lack of motivation. People with schizophrenia often have additional mental health problems such as anxiety ...

This is not so far off from what my observations have been. While in no way conclusive and merely anecdotal I can see why some clinicians might see a connection. Of course, Hawaii is and has always been a destination to escape from "reality" so the average pot-smoking reality escapee here is someone already embracing a counter-culture lifestyle... so the lack of motivation is pretty subjective.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:09 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Molokai, that was well said.
I'm in favor of medicinal use by all means. I'm also in favor of sobriety.
The inability and lack of desire to control their own personal consumption of marijuana is being cashed in on by states that can use the funds for much needed funding. Is that really a win/win? For most people probably not.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
You're in Wisconsin. Good luck.
Michigan just passed it, Illinois is seriously looking at it, Minnesota is seriously looking at it, and several counties in Wisconsin just recently had advisory referendums on the ballot during the midterms that all received overwhelming support, so it won't be long.

I remain optimistic.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokai100 View Post
A few of them are quite normal, laid back but fully functioning individuals. Quite a few seemed to have achieved far less than they should have in life but that was their choice and they seem for the most part happy. A small percentage are quite odd.
Sort of like the entire population.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I'm sorry that you don't live in a legal state, AguaDulce. With any luck this will change eventually. What I like most about legal cannabis is that there is a wide variety of different products available. You can know exactly what you're getting and be reasonably sure that it is what it says it is and is not contaminated. (I say "reasonably" because a recent study here in California showed that products from some legal cannabis suppliers that were being sold in dispensaries contained pesticide residue. The companies who produce these products are suspected of faking their lab results.)
Thanks. I am fortunate to have a current trusted source of lovingly cultivated high quality product.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Molokai, that was well said.
I'm in favor of medicinal use by all means. I'm also in favor of sobriety.
The inability and lack of desire to control their own personal consumption of marijuana is being cashed in on by states that can use the funds for much needed funding. Is that really a win/win? For most people probably not.
Do you support the continued criminalization of a plant that I can grow for my own use for the sake a small percentage of people who are determined to hurt themselves?

Last edited by AguaDulce; 02-16-2019 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: Added italicized text for emphasis!

Old 02-16-2019, 07:57 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,340,968 times
If they can tackle the smell issue I wouldn't have much of an issue with nationwide legalization. I am in favor of medical MJ being legalized tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness