Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 10:18 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Look, to be honest, I don't care if it's legal or not. It's a misdemeanor to buy or smoke a small amount for personal use, so if I want to do that, well, I just will. Or if it's legal, well, I'd still just buy a small amount so there's that. It's not a problem to me one way or the other.

That being said, I think it's more dangerous - as it stands right now - than some people think. For starters, you really don't know what is in whatever you buy from wherever (unless it's prescription - then, well I'm assuming that it's more quality controlled). It's unfiltered - and you're smoking it. Wow.

And then, well, sorry, but there IS quite a bit of evidence that smoking weed regularly during the teen years can cause or exacerbate serious mental health issues. So there's that.

And don't even get me started on driving while under the influence.

Interesting reading:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/le...abis-colorado/

But to be clear, I really don't care what consenting ADULTS do as long as their actions don't negatively impact others.
We agree.

Kids shouldn't do it.
People shouldn't drive or operate machinery while under the influence.

Just like alcohol.

In Texas, it's a $2,000 fine and up to 180 days in jail if you're caught with less than 2 oz.

Between 2 oz. and 4 oz.--Up to 1 year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

In Wisconsin, possession (any amount) is up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

If it is legalized for adult use, adults can purchase it legally, from dispensaries, and make informed choices about strains and strengths.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 02-22-2019 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 10:19 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Look, to be honest, I don't care if it's legal or not. It's a misdemeanor to buy or smoke a small amount for personal use, so if I want to do that, well, I just will. Or if it's legal, well, I'd still just buy a small amount so there's that. It's not a problem to me one way or the other.

That being said, I think it's more dangerous - as it stands right now - than some people think. For starters, you really don't know what is in whatever you buy from wherever (unless it's prescription - then, well I'm assuming that it's more quality controlled). It's unfiltered - and you're smoking it. Wow.

And then, well, sorry, but there IS quite a bit of evidence that smoking weed regularly during the teen years can cause or exacerbate serious mental health issues. So there's that.

And don't even get me started on driving while under the influence.

Interesting reading:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/le...abis-colorado/

But to be clear, I really don't care what consenting ADULTS do as long as their actions don't negatively impact others.
In states where it's legal, there are quality control standards. That's one reason why legalization makes it safer for everyone. Not that quality control makes things safe, i.e. cigarettes have many toxins in them that are perfectly legal, even Formaldahyde. I don't think anyone here is advocating teen use or driving high, but reducing amounts "on the streets" will make it harder for teens to get.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:01 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you buy from a dispensary you know pretty much exactly what you are getting, strength, strain.....

The guy that took the candies should have known the exact amount he was ingesting. Taking 3 if he does not regularly take marijuana would be stupid, taking it if he does not know how it affects him is stupid, and if you are already in a situation that makes you anxious..... stupid.

He said he took at least three, "maybe more" 10-gram candies purchased in Seattle.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:05 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
He said he took at least three, "maybe more" 10-gram candies purchased in Seattle.
Maybe more? Again, stupid. Misuse and use are separate issues.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We agree.

Kids shouldn't do it.
People shouldn't drive or operate machinery while under the influence.

Just like alcohol.

In Texas, it's a $2,000 fine and up to 180 days in jail if you're caught with less than 2 oz.

Between 2 oz. and 4 oz.--Up to 1 year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

In Wisconsin, possession (any amount) is up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

If it is legalized for adult use, adults can purchase it legally, from dispensaries, and make informed choices about strains and strengths.
Just for the record, I have lived in Texas for nearly 30 years and have never known anyone to be fined significantly or jailed for having a small amount of weed. And yes, I've known plenty of people who smoke weed.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:16 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
Quote:
Maybe more? Again, stupid. Misuse and use are separate issues.

Shrug. OK. All I'm saying is that if someone thinks it's safe, it may not be. "Misuse" may not be known until it's too late.

You're certainly welcome to ingest whatever you'd like and see what happens.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:56 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Just for the record, I have lived in Texas for nearly 30 years and have never known anyone to be fined significantly or jailed for having a small amount of weed. And yes, I've known plenty of people who smoke weed.
It only happens when you get caught.

I lived in Texas for over 50 years, and I knew several who faced the penalties that I described. It happens more often to people of color.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:52 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Shrug. OK. All I'm saying is that if someone thinks it's safe, it may not be. "Misuse" may not be known until it's too late.

You're certainly welcome to ingest whatever you'd like and see what happens.
I'll pass, thank you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2019, 09:54 AM

256 posts, read 140,201 times
Quote:
I'll pass
That is proper weed etiquette!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0

Old 02-24-2019, 11:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That’s awesome to hear, I hope they have continued success. It is not an easy battle, those cartels have higher quality weapons in the military and police forces combined, and they have actually taken over many of the towns and run some of the towns in Mexico now. It’s truly terrible I’m glad they’re fighting back. I wonder why we spend all our money just building barriers and thinking of ways to keep them from coming over, rather than helping them to help themselves. No one wants to leave their home country, if they were safe and they could make a living they would stay. We arm and help everyone else why not them? Again, especially since we are by far the largest consumer of apparently every product the cartel trades in!
Its extremely suspicious that the US has not used military to eradicate the drug cartels...if you consider how many american lives are taken or destroyed by cartel drugs, human trafficking, etc, its basically terrorism!

They surely have the justification in sending troops to a foreign country!

If you look back, Pablo Escobar was the last main guy/ cartel, that they really tried to get rid of, after that, I think the US saw how much money there is to be made and struck deals with cartels and they are still in collusion today, there is really nothing else that would explain them NOT using military against cartels.

Catching Chapo and convicting him was just a dog and pony show, mostly for the optics, his capture and imprisonment hasnt reduced or stopped the drug flow or shut down the Sinaloa cartel, just another guy running it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness