U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

13,967 posts, read 7,898,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
You need to read more. Cannabis is certainly addictive. It's about as addictive as coffee, which means, much less than alcohol or tobacco, which can both kill you.
Incorrect. Can someone get addicted to marijuana? Sure. People can get addicted to anything. But weed is not as addictive as caffeine. It takes a lot of effort to get addicted to it.

https://archive.attn.com/stories/391...than-marijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

29,430 posts, read 18,657,092 times
Sugar addictive, fat is addictive; people can addicted to anything. Some people are addicted to exercise.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

15,797 posts, read 29,767,420 times
Mental illness notwithstanding, just the fact that smoking pot RUINS a man's sexual performance ought to be enough to ban it to hell for all eternity.

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

18,626 posts, read 15,575,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Very true. But the alternative methods are fairly recent (well except for brownies, LOL) and hard to obtain in places where medicinal pot is not legal yet without a major road trip.
I bought my vaporizers online several years ago. Vaporizers turn regular dried marijuana into vapor instead of smoke. The cartridges are what are harder to find, although still not hard. Normally the same person who gets you regular pot can get the cartridges too. There's not all the choices there are in stores, either.

The big problem with the cartridges in non-legal states is the Chinese have flooded the illegal market with counterfeits, so you think you're getting the name brand, box looks the same, but it might have pesticides and other toxins because it hasn't passed safety standards the way legal cartridges do. Another good reason to legalize everywhere sooner rather than later.

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM

18,626 posts, read 15,575,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Mental illness notwithstanding, just the fact that smoking pot RUINS a man's sexual performance ought to be enough to ban it to hell for all eternity.
That isn't true at all. My honey still performs just fine at 52 and he's a long time smoker I've never dated a guy who had these issues from pot. I have had issues with drunk men who can't perform, but never high.

As an aside, my honey does not have "man boobs" either, nor do any of our male friends, with the exception of one who is obese.

Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM

28,920 posts, read 44,248,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Can you explain exactly why you think having a toke is any different than having a drink?
Nope, they can't and they won't - why? Because most of the anti-pot crowd drinks alcohol, at least occasionally, and would never admit they're just as bad as us! Actually worse, since alcohol destroys WAY more lives than pot ever could.

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

28,920 posts, read 44,248,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That's the root cause of all drug abuse-----the users are very unhappy with themselves and their lives. They feel inadequate and think they can benefit from mind-altering substances. All such drugs render the abusers incapable of recognizing that they're doing themselves any damage. No marijuana smoker will ever admit that there's anything harmful or wrong about it. They think that they've become more interesting as persons, but that effect works only on other users. They're all losers and can't function in their natural, undrugged state.
I don't think it makes me more interesting, lol. And I'm certainly not a "loser," nor do I need it to function... in fact I only use it when I'm done with everything important for the day, which includes working at my very non-loserish well-paying professional job. You need to grow up, and join the 70%-ish (possibly more now?) of Americans who support legalization. You're in the minority now, and for good reason. Most people have woken up, and realize the propaganda is just that. Propaganda.

Do you support keeping alcohol legal? What about prescription drugs? Have you used either in your life? If so, you're a bigger loser and obviously inadequate and unhappy with your life; just based on what you're saying, since alcohol and many prescription drugs are way more damaging than cannabis. For the record, I would never say any substance is without its risks. But you can minimize those risks by not smoking it, and like anything else, exercising moderation. I am not unhappy with myself or my life, in fact my life is pretty good these days. Perhaps better than yours, based on how unhappy you always seem on here! Relax and take a toke - it might do you some good.

Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM

5,142 posts, read 1,803,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Marijuana and violence? No. Marijuana and naps? Sure.
And giggles. Lots of giggles. And munchies. Giggles and munchies.

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM

15,797 posts, read 29,767,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That isn't true at all. My honey still performs just fine at 52 and he's a long time smoker I've never dated a guy who had these issues from pot. I have had issues with drunk men who can't perform, but never high.

As an aside, my honey does not have "man boobs" either, nor do any of our male friends, with the exception of one who is obese.
Not true? Methinks you're either settling or delusional. But then there are women who like low-intensity, endless diddle-fests so if that's the case, more power to you.

Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM

29,430 posts, read 18,657,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not true? Methinks you're either settling or delusional. But then there are women who like low-intensity, endless diddle-fests so if that's the case, more power to you.

Rude.

Pot doesn't affect my husband either, and my standards are pretty high.

I think it is more person specific, DH's drive has always been strong, and if he smokes pot that doesn't change.... too bad cause that could be handy. "I wanna binge watch Empire tonight, here... smoke this.." /lol

Though I'll forgive you for your attitude, obviously you are not happy with your husband and his... performance. That could make a girl grumpy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or