U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:13 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,399,062 times

Advertisements

Well night two of the Benadryl spray didn’t work.

I have a specific foot cream for moisturizing. I do use it with socks immediately after application. Been using it for years.

I tried an anti fungal cream. That works one day then it doesn’t.

I’m going to do the Gold Bond tonight.

The other poster that said they itch all over at night during the winter, do you exercise? If you do, that’s completely normal. It has something to do with your muscles. Not a bad thing but can make you just as crazy as this does for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 03:46 PM

17,170 posts, read 20,253,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Well night two of the Benadryl spray didnít work.

I have a specific foot cream for moisturizing. I do use it with socks immediately after application. Been using it for years.

I tried an anti fungal cream. That works one day then it doesnít.

Iím going to do the Gold Bond tonight.

The other poster that said they itch all over at night during the winter, do you exercise? If you do, thatís completely normal. It has something to do with your muscles. Not a bad thing but can make you just as crazy as this does for me.
If you are referring to me I don't exercise. try some of the methods I suggested. They will help.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:58 PM

5,252 posts, read 9,616,464 times
Likely this isn't the cause of your itchy feet, but will pass it along. One cause of itchy feet is related to the liver...do you have any liver issues?

Old 02-10-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Likely this isn't the cause of your itchy feet, but will pass it along. One cause of itchy feet is related to the liver...do you have any liver issues?
Not that Iím aware of. Aside from an esophageal motility disorder, Iím pretty healthy.

Thank you though. I appreciate any ideas.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:13 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,397,050 times
Quote:
Not that Iím aware of. Aside from an esophageal motility disorder, Iím pretty healthy.

Thank you though. I appreciate any ideas.
You may need to use systemic Benadryl or another medication. There are times when only hydroxyzine, an old-school antihistamine/anti-anxiety medication works for me. However, if you havenít tried the AHA creams or Sarna, I would start with those first. Amlactin, Cerave, and Eucerin all have AHA creams.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You may need to use systemic Benadryl or another medication. There are times when only hydroxyzine, an old-school antihistamine/anti-anxiety medication works for me. However, if you havenít tried the AHA creams or Sarna, I would start with those first. Amlactin, Cerave, and Eucerin all have AHA creams.
I took your advice and took a Benadryl last night. Went well.

Iím finding everything I try works well for one night and flops the second. Iíll take it again tonight and hope this is the trick I need.

Thank you for the suggestion 😊

Old 02-13-2019, 05:58 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,397,050 times
Quote:
I took your advice and took a Benadryl last night. Went well.

Iím finding everything I try works well for one night and flops the second. Iíll take it again tonight and hope this is the trick I need.

Thank you for the suggestion 😊
Chlor-trimeton is another old-school one that seems to work for itching (and makes you drowsy). If Benadryl doesnít work for more than a day, give that one a try. Honestly though, there are times when only hydroxyzine works for me and I need multiple pills. It is used in much higher doses for anxiety, so you can often get it prescribed for one to five pills as needed (10-50mg) for itching as the anxiety dose is typically 50-100mg at a time. That said, typically with an AHA lotion in the morning and a second (eczema-oriented) lotion at night, typically I am fine with just the one pill at night- either a Benadryl or single 10mg hydroxyzine. This is on top of the Zyrtec I already take in the morning.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:54 AM

2,907 posts, read 1,117,688 times
I used to have this and tried Gold Bond, which made it 100 times worse for some reason. Then I tried baby powder and in spite of the skin being dry, it helped. I used it for years and now no longer have itchy feet. Maybe they sweated under the covers while I slept and keeping them dry helped - that's the only thing I can think of. Even if I put lotion after a shower, I used the powder at night, last thing.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:34 AM

5,077 posts, read 6,134,781 times
I don't know if this has been suggested so I apologize if it's a repeat but what about the detergent you use to wash your sheets?
It seems maybe all of your skin would itch if it was that, but you never know. I would find a detergent that is free of fragrances or other suspect chemicals.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 AM

968 posts, read 464,595 times
See you are still having issues. Try Exederm. I use it on a patch of eczema, on my ankle. When I have other itching, I use it there.....works great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or