U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 11:59 AM

6,903 posts, read 3,836,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAmerica View Post
Today is day 9 and the pain is still very strong when I have a BM. The burning and stinging after passing a bowel is very intense and lasts for about an hour before it starts to subside. I get in the shower right away to "cool" things down and then I take a sitz bath in about 100 degree water for 15-20 minutes or until I feel better. As I'm sitting here typing this I'm in some pain and there is a lot of pressure. I constantly feel the urge to go but I know my body can't and I will just want to strain and push and that's going to cause more pain. It's difficult to know when it's actually time to go and and when it's not. This has been, and is a very miserable situation for me. Oh, and there is still quite a bit of bleeding where the incisions were made. I know that the areas where the Hemorrhoids were removed will need to heal from the inside of the wound out and I suspect that will take quite some time given the location and the size of the cavity that was left behind. Hanging in there as best I can.
Hydrocodone can be quite constipating. Probably why you were having trouble with BMs.... plus the trauma to the area. Drink plenty of fluids and maybe try a stool softener.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 12:10 PM

23,730 posts, read 8,251,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Hydrocodone can be quite constipating. Probably why you were having trouble with BMs.... plus the trauma to the area. Drink plenty of fluids and maybe try a stool softener.
Absolutely, could not wait to get rid of that drug when I took it a couple yrs ago for an issue.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:43 PM

28 posts, read 33,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post

I had extreme diarrhea during most of my recovery. The BM's were painful because incisions were made inside my colon and they had to heal. The stool softeners worked better than advertised in my case and I actually stopped taking the hyrdrocodone because all my pain did was laugh at the pills which did nothing to take the edge off. I'm on the mend now and the pain is almost non-existent at this point. I'm considering the surgery a huge success at this point.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:01 PM

6,563 posts, read 3,662,092 times
Doctors and surgeons lied to me with a straight face and said it was not a big deal or particularly difficult or painful. Liars!! Liars!!! It was horrible.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:58 PM

28 posts, read 33,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Doctors and surgeons lied to me with a straight face and said it was not a big deal or particularly difficult or painful. Liars!! Liars!!! It was horrible.
I was not prepared for the amount of pain either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness