U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 10:37 AM

5,129 posts, read 6,187,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I has thought about that but it seems dramatic. It's probably better just not to go at all. Which is a shame. But I can't afford weeks of feeling awful after.
There seems to be a missing aspect to this story. Do you get sick going to other public events or just the one in question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 10:40 AM

2,044 posts, read 1,032,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
There seems to be a missing aspect to this story. Do you get sick going to other public events or just the one in question?
As I said I am generally very healthy. It's just this place. I don't know what would be missing. It's usually packed and visited by all kinds of people from literally every corner of the world. Lots of opportunities for sickness.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:01 AM

898 posts, read 492,594 times
Why can't you mention the city/attraction?

Old 03-06-2019, 11:04 AM

2,044 posts, read 1,032,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Why can't you mention the city/attraction?
I'm not calling it out and it doesn't matter what it is or where. Think national level tourist attraction...the Eiffel tower, the natural history museum in new York, Disney world, tye tower of London level.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:10 AM

898 posts, read 492,594 times
Quote:
I'm not calling it out and it doesn't matter what it is or where. Think national level tourist attraction...the Eiffel tower, the natural history museum in new York, Disney world, tye tower of London level.
Yea, I've been to Disney, Universal and all the Orlando theme parks hundreds of times and have never experienced that. Maybe you either have very bad timing or your immune system is changing??

Old 03-06-2019, 11:22 AM

20,690 posts, read 13,898,025 times
Quote:
Why are you keeping it a secret? If you're that paranoid about a popular tourist attraction, it's my guess you never got ill, and the "sickness" was something you imagined.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:46 AM

21,547 posts, read 7,295,312 times
Sounds like OP would be helped with working on immune system. I've gone to many attractions where people come from all the world and never got sick.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:49 AM

5,129 posts, read 6,187,785 times
Quote:
This sounds like an isolated problem having to do with you. I don't think this is common at all.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:06 PM

32 posts, read 5,003 times
OP, I agree with you. We went on a sightseeing tour in DC recently and went to some of the museums there. They were absolute germ farms. Patrons from everywhere on earth, many unwashed and sniffling/coughing, long lines, no hand sanitizer, kids rubbing snots on railings, dirty bathrooms, etc. I witnessed a woman with three small children wipe their noses after exiting a toilet stall and not wash her hands at all. My son and I got sick after the visit. He ended up in the hospital with a rare type of the flu. He is 17 and healthy as a horse, an athlete, eats well, etc. I was down for three weeks with it but I didn't have to be hospitalized thank goodness, though I was too sick to care for him. No one is immune compromised as some of these snarko posters seem to imply. Sometimes these places that are indoors and attract visitors from all over the globe are just gross. I am surprised you don't hear about this more often.

There are also some airport bathrooms I refuse to go into for these reasons. And some flights that I have been on that I have gotten ill immediately afterwards. This is a common thing.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:10 PM

32 posts, read 5,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
This sounds like an isolated problem having to do with you. I don't think this is common at all.
It has happened to me as well. I don't mind saying it was at the Smithsonian museums on the national mall. We were sick for weeks after. We travel a fair bit, and its not the only time something like this has happened. I don't think its uncommon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or