U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 06:01 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,108,179 times

Advertisements

Since my childhood days, the first sign that I've caught a cold is when I feel a dull pain in my ankles, as if both were sprained. The following day, a sore throat, and then the other symptoms after that.

Does anyone else experience the ankle pain as an indicator of the onset of a cold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 05:02 AM

2,658 posts, read 634,060 times
I get knee pain---not sharp, but a dull ache.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:21 AM

23,367 posts, read 4,848,230 times
Interesting...

I don't get colds but if I get achy ankles I'll get some Tamiflu...

Old 03-10-2019, 12:09 PM

21,547 posts, read 7,289,404 times
OP: I have not had cold/flu in decades but do deal with arthritic feet and have been using Vicks vapo rub on my feet for probably 10 yrs or so, it does wonders for my achy feet and I try so many things but seem to head back to Vicks. I always wear socks. And when I started using it I found my sleep to be better too. Moms of the "olden days" raised their children wtih Vicks.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-10-2019 at 01:25 PM..

Old 03-10-2019, 12:59 PM

8,688 posts, read 5,866,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: I have not had cold/flu in decades but do deal with arthritic feet and have been using Vicks vapo rub on my feet for probably 10 yrs or so, it does wonders for me achy feet and I try so many things but seem to head back to Vicks. I always wear socks. And when I started using it I found my sleep to be better too. Moms of the "olden days" raised their children wtih Vicks.
Respectfully asked, why do you always change the topic?

Old 03-10-2019, 01:26 PM

21,547 posts, read 7,289,404 times
I thought the topic was about colds and feet issues,,,,that's what I'm talking about.

Old 03-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Since my childhood days, the first sign that I've caught a cold is when I feel a dull pain in my ankles, as if both were sprained. The following day, a sore throat, and then the other symptoms after that.

Does anyone else experience the ankle pain as an indicator of the onset of a cold?
Reread OP!!!

Not asking about arthritic feet!

Old 03-10-2019, 02:10 PM

5,810 posts, read 2,258,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post

Well, one symptom of a cold is achy joints. Could be that you just happen to ache in some joints earlier than the others. I think its easy to forget that we are actively fighting off the virus for a few days before the more classic symptoms become obvious. By that time your entire system is fully engaged.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:03 PM

4,075 posts, read 1,491,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Reread OP!!!

Not asking about arthritic feet!
No need to be rude. She was saying what works for painful feet - so while it might not be an indicator for a cold coming on, it could help the OP - you never know.

It certainly could not hurt.

There is a folk remedy for swabbing your feet with Vick's and wearing socks to calm coughs . . .

In Chinese medicine, the feet have points that relate to all organs. I would suggest the OP look at a map of a foot (acupuncture-specific) and see what the ankles represent.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
No need to be rude. She was saying what works for painful feet - so while it might not be an indicator for a cold coming on, it could help the OP - you never know.

It certainly could not hurt.

There is a folk remedy for swabbing your feet with Vick's and wearing socks to calm coughs . . .

In Chinese medicine, the feet have points that relate to all organs. I would suggest the OP look at a map of a foot (acupuncture-specific) and see what the ankles represent.
I wasn't trying to be rude.

OP asked a specific question. He/she did not ask about arthritis as another poster said she thought post was about colds AND feet issues

I was just trying to be helpful and clarifying OP's comments so that thread could continue on topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness