U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM
 
9,254 posts, read 2,318,257 times
Reputation: 6359

Advertisements

I posted on here awhile back about some other lumps, on my torso and one on my hip area,there is now one on my neck, right over the carotid artery, its fairly large, about 2 cm, and appears to be right under the skin, its slightly reddish, and does not hurt, even if you pinch or squeeze it.



I just saw my regular doctor about it and he referred me to an ENT, his concern was it being that close to the artery, he said they may do a biopsy on it as well, but Im not sure how they would do that...would they cut a sample of it and then test it, or..?


He said it does appear to be a cyst, as those usually have a core, that can been seen, this lump feels more like a solid object, like a hard piece of rubber right under the skin.


Just wondering what this could be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2019, 02:01 PM
 
Location: on the wind
6,087 posts, read 2,410,840 times
Reputation: 20798
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I posted on here awhile back about some other lumps, on my torso and one on my hip area,there is now one on my neck, right over the carotid artery, its fairly large, about 2 cm, and appears to be right under the skin, its slightly reddish, and does not hurt, even if you pinch or squeeze it.



I just saw my regular doctor about it and he referred me to an ENT, his concern was it being that close to the artery, he said they may do a biopsy on it as well, but Im not sure how they would do that...would they cut a sample of it and then test it, or..?


He said it does appear to be a cyst, as those usually have a core, that can been seen, this lump feels more like a solid object, like a hard piece of rubber right under the skin.


Just wondering what this could be.
Well, testing should tell you. No one here can do anything but speculate. They can do a needle biopsy (use a hollow needle to extract a tiny bit of whatever's in the lump and examine it under a microscope). Pretty simple routine procedure. Have you had your other lumps tested? No way to predict whether this lump turns out to be the same thing or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 02:58 PM
 
5,327 posts, read 4,847,636 times
Reputation: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I posted on here awhile back about some other lumps, on my torso and one on my hip area,there is now one on my neck, right over the carotid artery, its fairly large, about 2 cm, and appears to be right under the skin, its slightly reddish, and does not hurt, even if you pinch or squeeze it.



I just saw my regular doctor about it and he referred me to an ENT, his concern was it being that close to the artery, he said they may do a biopsy on it as well, but Im not sure how they would do that...would they cut a sample of it and then test it, or..?


He said it does appear to be a cyst, as those usually have a core, that can been seen, this lump feels more like a solid object, like a hard piece of rubber right under the skin.


Just wondering what this could be.
I wish I could help you here, but I am rooting for you, rstevens, and wishing you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 05:49 PM
 
9,254 posts, read 2,318,257 times
Reputation: 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Well, testing should tell you. No one here can do anything but speculate. They can do a needle biopsy (use a hollow needle to extract a tiny bit of whatever's in the lump and examine it under a microscope). Pretty simple routine procedure. Have you had your other lumps tested? No way to predict whether this lump turns out to be the same thing or not.
They feel and look the same, there is no 'liquid' in them, whatever it is, is hard and solid. I have lanced a couple of the other ones and nothing came out.


My doctor did look at the one on my hip and his first attempt was to lance it (the same thing I did before), he used a long sterile needle, but there was nothing liquid in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Austin
11,625 posts, read 6,683,476 times
Reputation: 12863
I'm not a doctor so wouldn't ever give medical advice or assume to know your health situation based on your post on CD above. I am not qualified.

Just a thought maybe to consider, if your doctor with his/her knowledge and expertise thinks it worthy of consideration. Several people I know have had lipomas over the years. apparently, lipomas are very common.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...-is-a-lipoma#1

Have you noticed a soft, rubbery bulge under your skin somewhere?

That could be a lipoma. They happen when a lump of fat starts to grow in the soft tissue of your body. Though they’re classified as tumors, they’re usually harmless.

They’re the most common tumor to form beneath your skin, with about 1 person in 1,000 getting one at some point. You usually find them in your upper body, arms, or thighs.

Last edited by texan2yankee; Today at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:05 PM
 
9,254 posts, read 2,318,257 times
Reputation: 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm not a doctor so wouldn't ever give medical advice or assume to know your health situation based on your post on CD above. I am not qualified.

Just a thought maybe to consider, if your doctor with his/her knowledge and expertise thinks it worthy of consideration. Several people I know have had lipomas over the years. apparently, lipomas are very common.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...-is-a-lipoma#1

Have you noticed a soft, rubbery bulge under your skin somewhere?

That could be a lipoma. They happen when a lump of fat starts to grow in the soft tissue of your body. Though they’re classified as tumors, they’re usually harmless.

They’re the most common tumor to form beneath your skin, with about 1 person in 1,000 getting one at some point. You usually find them in your upper body, arms, or thighs.
That sounds EXACTLY like what this is! It also explains why there was no liquid in it, and also no feeling. Im going to an ENT next week, since it is right on top of my carotid artery, but I bet this is what he will tell me.Thanks!


It is odd though, because I am middle aged, but I have not had any recent injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top