U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2019, 03:04 PM
 
364 posts, read 112,506 times
Reputation: 84

Advertisements

Is it good to put honey on it or something like that? Icing is good/bad idea? I didn't do anything at first because i thought okay this is strange but i still have this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2019, 03:40 PM
 
Location: on the wind
6,151 posts, read 2,435,118 times
Reputation: 20929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Is it good to put honey on it or something like that? Icing is good/bad idea? I didn't do anything at first because i thought okay this is strange but i still have this issue.
There's no open flesh wound is there? Why honey?

Because you haven't gotten any diagnosis, have no idea if its a soft tissue injury or inflammatory process such as tendonitis, a chronic skeletal issue such as arthritis, you are down to trial and error. Try applying warmth followed by isometric exercise and/or stretching and then ice it. You'll have to do it for a while, not sporadically to see much change most likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
20,902 posts, read 13,746,337 times
Reputation: 28765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Is it good to put honey on it or something like that? Icing is good/bad idea? I didn't do anything at first because i thought okay this is strange but i still have this issue.
You do either ice or heat, whichever helps.

Since you are distressed about this, go see a doc. There is no need to guess. See someone who can tell you why you have pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 04:16 PM
 
1,048 posts, read 677,698 times
Reputation: 1651
You didn't say whether it was the outside of the leg or the inside of the leg.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how severe is the pain?

Is the pain anywhere else?

Has the pain increased, decreased, or maintained its severity?

Do you feel the pain only if you move, if you don't move, both, etc.?

Are you taking pain medications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 04:46 PM
 
7,683 posts, read 7,086,902 times
Reputation: 5964
It sounds like you have a quad or hamstring strain. They are the opposite muscles on the upper leg. Try stretching before you get out of bed and using a foot stool when sitting to give room to your thigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 08:10 PM
 
686 posts, read 577,207 times
Reputation: 1274
The last time I had leg pain, it was a vitamin D deficiency or low magnesium. Magnesium oil spray made it go away, and last time vitamin D3 solved it. I'm not a Doctor, jut relaying my own experiences.


If you are sitting down all day, that's a recipe for problems though. I assume you do exercise in your spare time to compensate for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 08:57 PM
 
364 posts, read 112,506 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
There's no open flesh wound is there? Why honey?

Because you haven't gotten any diagnosis, have no idea if its a soft tissue injury or inflammatory process such as tendonitis, a chronic skeletal issue such as arthritis, you are down to trial and error. Try applying warmth followed by isometric exercise and/or stretching and then ice it. You'll have to do it for a while, not sporadically to see much change most likely.


Well because honey has healing properties? I have used it before but it was a cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 08:59 PM
 
364 posts, read 112,506 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You do either ice or heat, whichever helps.

Since you are distressed about this, go see a doc. There is no need to guess. See someone who can tell you why you have pain.

Im out of the country at the moment. But an orthopedic and trauma doctor is what i should see right? I do not have health insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 09:07 PM
 
364 posts, read 112,506 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
You didn't say whether it was the outside of the leg or the inside of the leg.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how severe is the pain?

Is the pain anywhere else?

Has the pain increased, decreased, or maintained its severity?

Do you feel the pain only if you move, if you don't move, both, etc.?

Are you taking pain medications?



Its inside the leg. Well if i were to change my underwear or pants while standing up, the pain is like an 8 to maybe a 9. I can tolerate pain... i have went through a lot of things in my life that i won't even talk about here. But this pain is very hard to tolerate. I would say many of you might say this is a 10.


I got it last week i believe. Its either maintained its severity or maybe decreased at least a little i say at the best.


There is no pain if im lying on the bed. There is no pain when im sitting on the chair. There is not really any pain when walking. But for some reason, i feel like there is pressure on my foot when im walking now for some reason. I only have pain when i lift my leg up. Like imagine you are marching up and down with your kneews up like those marching bands... but not that aggressively. But just enough so you could switch pants or underwear... there is a lot of pain. I have to sit on the bed while changing underwear, pants because of this. Its only when i move but if im moving only the leg area below my kneecaps, there is no pain. Its basically right above it. Its like in the same spot in both legs.


No im not taking any pain medication.


So im confused if what i mentioned above in my original post could have caused this or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 09:09 PM
 
364 posts, read 112,506 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It sounds like you have a quad or hamstring strain. They are the opposite muscles on the upper leg. Try stretching before you get out of bed and using a foot stool when sitting to give room to your thigh.

But do you suddenly just get this though? Again, i did not injure myself or fall or anything like that. I don't recall if i noticed this when i woke up, went to take a shower or just was on the computer. It was most likely either waking up or taking a shower and having to lift my legs to go to the bathtub.



The thing is i got it in both legs in around the same area. When you say stretch, you dont mean stretch the upper part of my leg right? Like stretch up and reach to like tip toe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top