Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:15 PM

454 posts, read 448,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
The last time I had leg pain, it was a vitamin D deficiency or low magnesium. Magnesium oil spray made it go away, and last time vitamin D3 solved it. I'm not a Doctor, jut relaying my own experiences.

If you are sitting down all day, that's a recipe for problems though. I assume you do exercise in your spare time to compensate for this.

I do take vitamin d3. I been sitting down all day for many many years already. im on the computer sitting down at least 10 hours a day.

Nope, i rarely exercise at all. But again this just suddenly happened. I mean i had cases where my arm or leg is numb for a while and after a short while that was gone.

A while back i recalled i could not see in one of my eyes. I didn't know what happened and went to see an eye doctor next day. I was out of the country and had to look for an eye doctor and saw him. He examined me and said my cornea was damage or broke i believe. Then he ask me if i injured myself or had accident and i said nope. I was just on my computer... nothing at all. I just woke up one day i believe or during the day and suddenly i could not see from one of my eyes. I wear contacts and had to obviously take it off and couldn't see. The eye doctor was perplexed how that happened and so did I. But that eventually went away after he gave me some eyedrops and medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:20 PM

Would you all say do less walking? Someone here said walk more. But walk up the stairs less or minimize it right? If i were to walk in say a straight line, there is not really pain... but there is definitely like some tiredness and like some pressure on my foot. I previously have not had this before.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Okay i just tried to move my legs up and i notice when i lift my right leg or left leg up like a marching band knee high thing, the pain comes when bringing my leg back down.

The pain is right about 6 inches above my kneecap and its like the side of my inner thigh in each of those legs.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:16 PM

Right now i tried to do the same thing lift my legs up... and i have the same exact pain as i did previously. When i made my last post, for some reason, there was no pain lifting either of my legs up. But the pain was only when bringing it down. I might have lift up my legs a bit differently or not towards me that much but now... its back to how it was. The area is like inner and bottom thigh of each of the legs and its the same area on both of the legs. Its very painful lifting the leg up and bringing it down.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Default Get professional medical advice!

You say you are out of the country. Keep in mind that most countries are much less expensive than the United States when it comes to healthcare and you can usually get help relatively inexpensively. I think the best thing for you to do is to go in to see a doctor right away. If you don't know who to see, or if you cannot speak the foreign language of the country you are visiting, contact the American Embassy or consulate if you are American, or if not, whichever embassy or consulate is appropriate to you. They maintain lists of qualified English-speaking physicians. Speaking from my own personal experience, these agencies are extremely helpful and you will get good help, depending on the country and the area.

If you decide to post here again, please let us know where you are (city and country).

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 04-12-2019 at 12:23 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 01:14 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Okay i just tried to move my legs up and i notice when i lift my right leg or left leg up like a marching band knee high thing, the pain comes when bringing my leg back down.

The pain is right about 6 inches above my kneecap and its like the side of my inner thigh in each of those legs.
What the hell are you doing playing games with what sounds like a serious problem!

You said you were not in the U.S. now, so are you somewhere where there are no doctors or hospitals.? Get some real medical attention and stop screwing around with your health.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:37 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Right now i tried to do the same thing lift my legs up... and i have the same exact pain as i did previously. When i made my last post, for some reason, there was no pain lifting either of my legs up. But the pain was only when bringing it down. I might have lift up my legs a bit differently or not towards me that much but now... its back to how it was. The area is like inner and bottom thigh of each of the legs and its the same area on both of the legs. Its very painful lifting the leg up and bringing it down.
If you don't re-injure it, it will recover. It sounds like a lower quad strain. You would probably get the same pain when you sit on a chair or bed and lower the leg after raising it to a straight position. Depending on where you are in the injury cycle, you use cold or heat.

Last edited by lchoro; 04-12-2019 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 08:41 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Ice and heat was suggested, have you tried either? Motrin? What about over the counter creams? I'm sure other countries have pharmacies with pain creams

Old 04-12-2019, 10:54 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
OP: Don't you think it's time to get up and move vs sitting 10 hrs without moving the muscles and joints? I believe I'm done here, OP seems to want a lot of attention as I see it.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
It's also very common if you run. Leg extensions in weight training will strengthen that muscle as well as the other muscles in the quadriceps. If they're weak, you can use your hand to support lifting and raising the leg in order to make it go through the range of motion and heal faster. I do that quite a lot with the higher thigh strain, and the pain and weakness is gone the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness