Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 06:00 PM

7,225 posts, read 4,513,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Says the person who has never had cancer. In 2015, my medical costs for cancer treatment were $200,000. Without insurance, I would be bankrupt.
Your making my point. Who even knew if you had cancer. At all. But since you had insurance...well... did you have cancer or just $200,000 worth of needless treatment and expense.

My mom had cancer. We think. Before we ever got any objective proof of this she had radiation and immediately took a majorly poor turn. We now believe the actual cause of her death with the radiation. At one point we told the doctors to stop the treatment. We went to lunch, came back, they had given her another treatment.

They didn't care about her. She was just their excuse. We were totally out gunned. Never could we actually see the results of any tests. When we asked her to be moved to another hospital they refused on the grounds she was too healthy which was BS.

Finally when they couldn't give her anymore treatment they discharged her to die.

Assuming you actually had cancer who is to say any of that treatment did anything at all? You're drinking the cool aid of modern medical treatment. Chances are without "treatment" 50% of people could beat their own cancer on their own.

They saw your insurance and drooled at their new Mercedes.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:20 PM

8,192 posts, read 3,398,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
You should distrust them. Unfortunately the majority of the public though goes along with the "expert" opinion without questioning anything.
Yes, distrust them. Especially when they want to give you more and more drugs.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:23 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,963,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Your making my point. Who even knew if you had cancer. At all. But since you had insurance...well... did you have cancer or just $200,000 worth of needless treatment and expense.

My mom had cancer. We think. Before we ever got any objective proof of this she had radiation and immediately took a majorly poor turn. We now believe the actual cause of her death with the radiation. At one point we told the doctors to stop the treatment. We went to lunch, came back, they had given her another treatment.

They didn't care about her. She was just their excuse. We were totally out gunned. Never could we actually see the results of any tests. When we asked her to be moved to another hospital they refused on the grounds she was too healthy which was BS.

Finally when they couldn't give her anymore treatment they discharged her to die.

Assuming you actually had cancer who is to say any of that treatment did anything at all? You're drinking the cool aid of modern medical treatment. Chances are without "treatment" 50% of people could beat their own cancer on their own.

Omg.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:02 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,661,603 times
Quote:

Your story reminds me of my mother and a "cancer" story she went thru. After all was said and done and they radiated her and drugged her with chemo, it hit me later that it could have been hemorrhoids as it started when she saw blood in her stools. What they put her 80+ yr old body thru and I try to shake off my feelings about this but the thoughts come back and they just did now. I hope I am wrong but the thought is there, re the distrust theory.

She had a long history of constipation and could have had bad hems for years. This was long before I knew what I know about magnesium so I could not direct her plus lived thousands of miles from her.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-12-2019 at 07:11 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 08:59 PM

15,311 posts, read 7,348,735 times
Quote:

I had cancer. A tumor in my sinus. Original diagnosis was that it was a polyp, and the ENT did a biopsy. Pathology came back as a malignant tumor. Two surgeries and 30 proton treatments later, I am clear. The tumor showed up on multiple imaging types done by multiple locations, and pathology was done by multiple pathologists in different institutions, so I am pretty sure of what I had. And, since the tumor I had kills slowly and painfully, and with facial disfigurement, I wasn't going to try and fix it on my own.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:56 PM

2,871 posts, read 2,119,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I had my eyes tested today, as I have done every year since I was 6 years old, because I wear corrective lenses. the new ophthalmologist told me I didn't need a new script as my eyesight didn't change from last year, but he noticed I had "optic nerve cupping" and needed a glaucoma test. He said I may have cataracts and should consider surgery which was, surprise, his surgical specialty. I was told I also had floaters in my eyes that needed laser surgery and his good friend, surprise, did that surgery.

I am 60, and have no health issues or issues with my eyesight that affect my daily activities other than being near sighted. I took the glaucoma test reluctantly, which was negative, and told him before the test I knew I didn't have glaucoma because no other eye doctor had ever mentioned that I had even a hint of glaucoma! I declined his other suggestions.

medical providers used to care about patients. No longer. I don't trust a single one of my providers, dentist, PCP, or eye doctor, to care anything about me. they only seem to care about how much they can bilk the insurance company for useless BS.

If you have a doctor that cares about your health and not only his/her pocketbook, I envy you. I haven't had one for 12 years.
most people don't have glaucoma...until they do.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:02 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,395,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Says the person who has never had cancer. In 2015, my medical costs for cancer treatment were $200,000. Without insurance, I would be bankrupt.
I think the point was that if we didn’t have a system of health insurance, the treatment wouldn’t have cost $200,000 in the first place.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:13 PM

23,087 posts, read 18,494,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
most people don't have glaucoma...until they do.
Yep. My dad lost vision in one eye entirely due to glaucoma. He only had his eyes checked occasionally. At around age 60 and between one year and the next it showed up on a routine exam. Provider started him on treatment and recommended he get checked again in a month to assess progression. He ignored this assuming they just wanted the fees. He didn't go back until he started having discomfort and loss of vision. By then the optic nerve in that eye was irreversibly damaged. They tried to slow or halt progression in both eyes; he lost all vision in the one eye and partially in the other. Of course who did he blame? The greedy provider.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:43 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,661,603 times
Too too bad these doctors and eye docs included don't give patients advice on supports to help reduce the eye diseases they are talking about with patients. In all the years I went to eye doctors which I'll use as an example, NEVER were eye nutritional supports suggested, I got to work myself and took care of issues that could get me into worse places with my eyes. At almost 81 I'm still doing good with what I do. Feeding the eyes what they need.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:46 AM

9,336 posts, read 14,251,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
yes, they are the experts.
"Experts" and "scientists" are human beings first and foremost, among them there are the good, the bad, the ugly, and they are to be trusted or not trusted by the same measure as everyone else.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.