U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 06:28 AM

71,040 posts, read 82,332,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Mine must be entirely internal because nothing is pouching out. I don't have the results of the CT scan, really. I was seen by a PA, who also mentioned diverticulitis. It hurts when I'm in certain positions but I guess I'm lucky it isn't screamingly painful all the time. I'll call them Monday and see if I can get the results of the scan.
I have diverticulitis as well. As for your hernia not all of them do pouch out, but when you feel the discomfort you can reach down and that is when you feel how large they might be. Only really huge ones are seen by the naked eye. That is the kind my husband has had a few times.

BTW: diverticulitis is not at all unusual for many as the reach or pass middle age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 12:50 PM

2,565 posts, read 854,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hubby has had about 6 removed over the past 10 years but will not have anymore unless he has too much pain. the last time the surgeon went in he said the walls of his abdomen were so thin he would need to have the entire wall re-build and recommended he not consider anything like that. I have an umbilical one. At times it gives me a lot of pain, but normally I am not bothered and I can, generally push it back if it does start hurting. Both my PC doctor and the surgeon has suggested I do nothing about it unless it really starts to bother me on a constant basis.
They finally got back to me this morning and it turns out I have an umbilical hernia like many other posters do. Doing nothing is my action of choice, aside from eating vegan OMAD and gentle stretching. I can only feel it in certain positions, not all the time. So, avoiding those positions!

I asked the nurse several times if my life was in danger, and of course he said he would encourage me to come in but since my labs show no sign of infection, I don't see the point.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
They finally got back to me this morning and it turns out I have an umbilical hernia like many other posters do. Doing nothing is my action of choice, aside from eating vegan OMAD and gentle stretching. I can only feel it in certain positions, not all the time. So, avoiding those positions!

I asked the nurse several times if my life was in danger, and of course he said he would encourage me to come in but since my labs show no sign of infection, I don't see the point.
I think you are heading in the right direction. Though I by no means eat Vegan I am sure it is the best choice for you if it gives you satisfaction and makes you feel better.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I think you are heading in the right direction. Though I by no means eat Vegan I am sure it is the best choice for you if it gives you satisfaction and makes you feel better.
Thanks! Yeah, surgery is not required, really, is it? I hope not. I've had both ovarian cancer surgery (Stage 1A) and a kidney stone removed in the last seven years.

Funny: the PA I saw Friday said, "you've been through a lot." Well, yeah, I'm 68 years old! Everything is falling apart.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah, surgery is not required, really, is it? I hope not. I've had both ovarian cancer surgery (Stage 1A) and a kidney stone removed in the last seven years.

Funny: the PA I saw Friday said, "you've been through a lot." Well, yeah, I'm 68 years old! Everything is falling apart.
Falling apart, give it about 5 more years, then you will real feel like you are falling apart and i am concidered in pretty darn good health

Old 04-16-2019, 03:06 PM

8,932 posts, read 6,003,643 times
Quote:
20 years ago I was helping my dad and picked up some saddles which were probably too heavy for me. There was pain and I later was told I had a small hernia. Had pain in that area four days ago, had a CT scan yesterday and the pain is from the hernia.

Follow-up appointment in 10 days to evaluate CT scan and labs, but no infection, they said yesterday (white cells normal). I was expecting to have to go into the hospital but they sent me home.

I think I did this to myself this time from overdoing 5 lb. weight lifting. Is it possible this will go away if I take it easy. Or with surgery, aren't there some legal problems with the mesh?

I'm 69 this summer.

Your input appreciated.
You are going to your doctor. Ask her/him, not us. We can't read your CT

Old 04-17-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Falling apart, give it about 5 more years, then you will real feel like you are falling apart and i am concidered in pretty darn good health
That's not very encouraging.

Old Today, 11:13 AM

Update: the hernia causes a slight twinge if I move in a certain position but overall, the pain has gone away. I think I overdid it with a workout, which really was strenuous. I injured both my neck and hernia, but I'll be more gentle.

The good news is that the CT scan revealed no tumors. Cancer surgery and chemo seven years ago, right around this time of year. I did catch the flu and have been out a week, but back to teaching tomorrow.

Thank you for your input and advice, everyone. Is it just me, or is CD a tough crowd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness