Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 11:59 AM

294 posts, read 180,296 times

Advertisements

I had a ganglion cyst on in my wrist which I got removed 5 weeks ago. It was very deep and larger than the surgereon expected. The scar is healing very well, but my wrist still hurts when I bend. This takes much longer than I thought :-(

Has anyone experienced the same? How long did it take you to get rid of all pain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 12:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
I had a ganglion cyst on in my wrist which I got removed 5 weeks ago. It was very deep and larger than the surgereon expected. The scar is healing very well, but my wrist still hurts when I bend. This takes much longer than I thought :-(

Has anyone experienced the same? How long did it take you to get rid of all pain?
I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I have had one on my wrist for 30 or more years and never even thought of having it removed. For years it bothered me a bit, then it didn't and now it is starting to be uncomfortable again. I still will, most likely leave it alone.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:07 PM

294 posts, read 180,296 times
I waited for over a year. But it got worse and i couldn’t put any weight on my hand in the end. Definitely try to avoid surgery, nmnita.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:21 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I also have had a ganglion on my right wrist for at least 30 yrs and just about a year ago noticed it was gone, dissolved. It never bothered me and surgery is last on my list of things to do. Sorry you are having issues OP. When I noticed that it was gone I was shocked and quite happy. Our amazing bodies are known to be able to do their own healing.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-13-2019 at 01:50 PM..

Old 04-13-2019, 01:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
I had a ganglion cyst surgically removed and never had any problem at all. But, then, I scheduled the surgery right after I first noticed it instead of waiting until it got too large. It, too, was much deeper than the surgeon anticipated but he said it was good that I caught it as early as possible.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:01 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I'm also sorry.
I simply smashed mine 30 years ago...this is the deal...our vessels...whether lymph arteries or veins are meant to keep fluid 'in'....like a bike tire tube is meant to keep in air!
If there is a weakness in the vessel or tubes wall...there can be a bulge or a leak, right?
SOoooo, the reason for the weakness in the vessel should be fixed.
Research vessel walls...you will find epithelial tissue...aaaaannnnnd what strengthens
epithelial tissue''like glue" or tape to an inner tube?
Vit C, Omega 3 and Vitamin E!
You'll never have a wall weakness again....
And hopefully you know about the leak ?... Well, it is the body's wonderful system to encapsulate things (like a cancer tumor, too)...so be happy it all got a capsule around it...a natural protection.

Break the capsule, like smashing a Vit E capsule, and the body reabsorbs the fluid.
Bingo, gone.

You don't want to do that to a lipoma, however.
Little fatty deposits?...well, they can be dealt with on your own, also.
Just do a little research.

But, as always, I have to say...see a doc if you want.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:05 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I remember years ago talk about hitting it with a phone book, but I never chose to do that. It never hurt and didn't bother anything in my life.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:20 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
My doctor aspirated the cyst, injected a steroid into it and casted the arm, hand to elbow. I could not move the wrist, so no pain. Once the cast came off, there was discomfort when I used it for certain things like pushing a baby stroller or opening a jar. It lasted a few weeks.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:46 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I also have had a ganglion on my right wrist for at least 30 yrs and just about a year ago noticed it was gone, dissolved. It never bothered me and surgery is last on my list of things to do. Sorry you are having issues OP. When I noticed that it was gone I was shocked and quite happy. Our amazing bodies are known to be able to do their own healing.
And you only had to wait 30 years for this miracle. And why would you have surgery if it wasn't bothering you - the OP's case is clearly different.

OP - sorry you're having such a severe case - I can understand deciding on surgery under the circumstances. Do you have any follow-ups with the surgeon? Maybe you can call and talk at least to a nurse or preferably your surgeon. If not, your PCP might be able to advise you - maybe there are some things to help like heat or ice, or some gentle exercises?

Old 04-13-2019, 04:57 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,881 times
What kind of pain are you still having? Is it burning, stabbing or just sore? Some bodies heal faster than others but also nerves can get cut or impinged which could be the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness