Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 03:07 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,001,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Have you ever tried melatonin?
this works for me, but doesn't keep me in a deep sleep ---usually good for a 4 hr sleep but after the 4 hrs, I start to stir and awaken and hopefully go back to sleep.

gotta be careful with other OTCs taken to aid sleep as the longterm heatlh issues (dementia) has been documented in drugs like diphenhydramine/anti-cholinergics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 06:45 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,730,857 times
Can you move to a state that expanded medicaid?

Old 04-23-2019, 06:55 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,190,205 times
Quote:
I go to bed and toss and turn stressed out, worrying either kept awake by long-term problems or just-happened, upsetting confrontations or disasters during the previous hours.
I'd go to a clinic and try to get a prescription for the anti-anxiety drug Clonazepam.
It's cheap (way less than a buck a day) and works great for stuff like this.

I only take it occasionally, not for anxiety but as a sleep aid. Shuts the mind off straight away.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:11 AM

6,519 posts, read 8,315,242 times
OP, if you revisit this thread, here is a list of free and low cost clinics in your area. Get thee to a doctor, pronto.

https://www.wakemed.org/documents/fo...ake_county.pdf

FWIW, until you get your BP under control, I advise against taking any supplement (even natural) or medication unless it's advised by a doctor.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:24 AM

9,767 posts, read 7,585,606 times
While you're up and can't sleep, look online for articles on your Circadian Rhythm and how important it is.

Even if the sun bothers your eyes, get out early in the morning at sunrise and try to get a little sunlight in your eyes, you have to retrain your brain so it knows when morning is.

Eat in the morning and eat before it gets dark at night.

After dark, turn off all the lights in the house and try not to use the TV or computer.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:44 AM

35,508 posts, read 17,745,634 times
There's no way to tell if Dean is checking in - that feature is turned off in his profile.

OP - the idea that you can't see a doctor if you don't have insurance is wrong. Don't go to the ER, or they will bankrupt you, but a Minute Clinic type thing (NOT ONE THAT SAYS EMERGENCY) will give you up front pricing of their services.

My guess is this will cost around 150-200 dollars to see a doc and get a sleeping aid, and a blood pressure Rx.

That's what money is for. I can't think of a higher priority for your $$ than this.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:12 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,598,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'd go to a clinic and try to get a prescription for the anti-anxiety drug Clonazepam.

I only take it occasionally, not for anxiety but as a sleep aid. Shuts the mind off straight away.
No clinic is just going to hand out benzos like candy. They are highly addictive.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,654,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's no way to tell if Dean is checking in - that feature is turned off in his profile.

OP - the idea that you can't see a doctor if you don't have insurance is wrong. Don't go to the ER, or they will bankrupt you, but a Minute Clinic type thing (NOT ONE THAT SAYS EMERGENCY) will give you up front pricing of their services.

My guess is this will cost around 150-200 dollars to see a doc and get a sleeping aid, and a blood pressure Rx.

That's what money is for. I can't think of a higher priority for your $$ than this.
What feature is that? The only thing I know of is how to see all the posts someone has made, not whether or not they are reading a thread. According to his profile, his last post on CD was the OP of this thread.

Is there a way to tell if someone is reading a thread or reading posts? If so, could you please tell me about that? I've never seen that before.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 AM

102,086 posts, read 107,127,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post

Benzodiazapenes can't be used on a daily basis, or anything close. This is a band-aid, not a solution. Depending on the OP's age, some hormone replacement (progesterone) might be called for. The OP needs to be evaluated by a doctor.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:29 AM

102,086 posts, read 107,127,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
What feature is that? The only thing I know of is how to see all the posts someone has made, not whether or not they are reading a thread. According to his profile, his last post on CD was the OP of this thread.

Is there a way to tell if someone is reading a thread or reading posts? If so, could you please tell me about that? I've never seen that before.
The feature that says "last activity" or "most recent activity". It notes when the member last was on the site, even if they didn't post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness