Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:51 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,377,312 times

Advertisements

You need to walk into a ER! (based on your last 6mo of posts).
It's a lot easier for them to help you now - before crashing your car in a seizure ...etc, or collapsing, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 09:06 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
You need to walk into a ER! (based on your last 6mo of posts).
It's a lot easier for them to help you now - before crashing your car in a seizure ...etc, or collapsing, etc.
He doesn't have health insurance or money to pay the outrageous costs of an emergency room visit. The US is the only developed country on earth without universal health care, blame it on selfishness and greed.
Dean, have you tried an over the counter sleep aid like Walsom? I take one every night, and if I happen to wake up I take another half of a 25mg tablet. I've been doing this for years, before I had a terrible time sleeping but not as bad as you sound.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The OP should not be trying random supplements when he has high blood pressure. A lot of supplements can affect blood pressure and it is really not wise to be messing around with various natural remedies just because they are “natural.”

Urgent care is probably the best choice since they tend to have more testing capabilities than a Walgreens, which usually only has the ability to do only very basic testing. Most the urgent care places I’ve seen have an upfront price along with prescription discount options.
I must have missed the high blood pressure.

Agree the OP should at least go to urgent care. It's the least of all evils without insurance

Old 04-22-2019, 09:21 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I used to use melatonin and even low doses would give me a groggy, hung-over feeling in the morning. I now use this "Relax & Sleep Formula" with passionflower and valerian root extracts. These don't give me the groggy feeling like a Melatonin or ZZQuil.

https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Valley.../dp/B078TQ13KP

Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Are you a middle aged or older guy? Have you had your testosterone levels checked? Low T causes insomnia in some people.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:33 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
He doesn't have health insurance or money to pay the outrageous costs of an emergency room visit. The US is the only developed country on earth without universal health care, blame it on selfishness and greed.
Dean, have you tried an over the counter sleep aid like Walsom? I take one every night, and if I happen to wake up I take another half of a 25mg tablet. I've been doing this for years, before I had a terrible time sleeping but not as bad as you sound.
Recommending that someone with dangerously high BP doesn’t go anywhere to get checked is just silly. He has far more problems than just not sleeping. Dangerously high BP can cause a variety of other problems if unchecked and that problem is easy/cheap to fix. BP medications are dirt cheap or even free at many grocery stores/big box stores.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:11 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Recommending that someone with dangerously high BP doesn’t go anywhere to get checked is just silly. He has far more problems than just not sleeping. Dangerously high BP can cause a variety of other problems if unchecked and that problem is easy/cheap to fix. BP medications are dirt cheap or even free at many grocery stores/big box stores.
He doesn't have the money, in the good old USA those without money and insurance don't get access to medical care. Why don't you offer to pay for his visit?

Old 04-22-2019, 01:13 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
He doesn't have the money, why don't you offer to pay for his visit?
Not trying to get political here but isn't this what the ACA was about?

Old 04-22-2019, 01:14 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
Wow, OP!!! Get to a doctor, asap!

I believe sleep is one of the most important things related to health - there are many ways to address sleep issues, from good sleep hygiene to magnesium to CBD oil, to aromatherapy, white noise, etc., etc.

Don't settle for this problem any longer.

Do something about it.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:15 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
OP: I don't know what state you are in, but most states have free health care for indigent people. Google "free health care" in your city and then state, and see what comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness