U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 11:48 AM

446 posts, read 184,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
There are several online sites to order glasses from if you have your prescription on hand. I use my insurance for my first set of glasses every 2 years.

I use Zenni Optical for additional pairs. I have a relatively straight forward issue (very mild astigmatism). I don't do transition lenses or scratch resistance, etc. I bought 3 pairs of frames for $6.95 each and another $15 per pair for the prescription lenses. My mom who is low vision buys her glasses from them as well and saves hundreds of dollars per pair.
I want to order a backup pair from Zenni if this first pair from a local optician's ever gets made correctly. I know that the Zenni website lets you put in your prescription. Do they require a copy of the written prescription as well, or do they trust you? I think Walmart requires a copy of the written prescription (not sure about that).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 AM

3,317 posts, read 853,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia Calico View Post
I want to order a backup pair from Zenni if this first pair from a local optician's ever gets made correctly. I know that the Zenni website lets you put in your prescription. Do they require a copy of the written prescription as well, or do they trust you? I think Walmart requires a copy of the written prescription (not sure about that).
I have never ordered from Zenni, so I cannot speak to that. I do know of ONE website that lets you gets *contacts* without a COPY of your prescription (you still have to know it) called SaveOnLens.com

Not sure if you'd be interested in contacts, but it's there for you if that's something you'd want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness