U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:03 AM

12,843 posts, read 15,252,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Wonder how all the old doctors "got it" in the olden days of our parents and their parents. No computers then. Anyone ever think of that.
Yes...makes you wonder all right....And the care was no less back then either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Heaven forbid these doctors have you’re medical information right in front of them and can update it as they go.
That's funny......the docs here may have your medical info in front of them.....but they absolutely don't look at it until you're there and specify what your problem is. Even then, I've been asked to provide info (that they have in my records) over again, cause they just haven't the time to look.

Docs take on tooooo many patients...they're rushed....up to 50 patients or more per day.
There's signs on the walls in most docs exam rooms here that say: one issue per visit.
You might get 10 mins max...then it's a rush to get you out....no exceptions...and too bad if you've got another concern or not....make another appt and wait...again.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

I'd rather have my doc keep his nose buried in his computer while I am there then die earlier like my parents and grand parents generations of easily curable issues that are almost nothing today!

I doubt very much that ANY of us will live to be as old as our grandparents or parents do/did

Old 05-08-2019, 11:58 AM

9,121 posts, read 6,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I doubt very much that ANY of us will live to be as old as our grandparents or parents do/did
If you look at actuarial tables, you are very wrong

In my case:

Welllll! Paternal Grandmother died at less than 50 (I think mid 40s) Maternal Grandfather in his late 50s

Paternal Grandfather in his 80s and Maternal Grandmother 102

Dad died in 70s and mom was 90

I'm in my 70s. I hope to pass my Dad and Grandfather, my Mom and Grandmother will be a stretch

But, none of this has anything to do with Docs and computers. Why do so many threads go off topic?

Old 05-08-2019, 01:34 PM

6,527 posts, read 2,615,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
But, none of this has anything to do with Docs and computers. Why do so many threads go off topic?
Because people have beloved agendas they insist on bringing up at every opportunity.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:47 PM

8,957 posts, read 9,042,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Same here.....held the thing in his hands the entire visit.....typing away.
I'm planning on printing out a copy of the article and sending it to that overly-computer-focused doctor of mine.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:53 PM

2,051 posts, read 997,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm planning on printing out a copy of the article and sending it to that overly-computer-focused doctor of mine.

Sure, your doctor doesn't need to document anything about your visit anyway, right?

Old 05-09-2019, 05:00 AM

4,944 posts, read 10,932,657 times
Quote:
Did you even bother to read the article yourself or just the title???

If you had read the article you would understand there would be no point in sending it on to your "overly computer focused doctor" of yours since the article explains how this has come to be and why it isn't the fault of the doctor....

Old 05-09-2019, 02:53 PM

6,527 posts, read 2,615,172 times
Quote:
Was this your attempt at sarcasm? You don't need print it and waste your own ink. Save a tree. Email the link! If he's so computer-focused he might even read it that way.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM

5,884 posts, read 2,697,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
That's funny......the docs here may have your medical info in front of them.....but they absolutely don't look at it until you're there and specify what your problem is. Even then, I've been asked to provide info (that they have in my records) over again, cause they just haven't the time to look.

Docs take on tooooo many patients...they're rushed....up to 50 patients or more per day.
There's signs on the walls in most docs exam rooms here that say: one issue per visit.
You might get 10 mins max...then it's a rush to get you out....no exceptions...and too bad if you've got another concern or not....make another appt and wait...again.
Holy cow. ! I can't imagine . .your side pain might be due to some other major issue. Example::I had a leg pain. Doc sent me to get tested. It was a blood clot. One issue pain. Second issue my potential for a stroke. I cannot imagine a doc issuing such a mandate.

And sorry folks, if a doc is wasting your time by asking you to repeat your medical history. ..he /she is not the kind you want. Tell em to read it and stop the dress rehearsal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or