Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:24 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Pardon? I'm from a family of medical. So no need to preach to the real choir gal. But thanks for the link.

My observation and reality may be a hindrance. ..or as you perceive "a complaint". So be it. Maybe the medical office can consider it a constructive way to improve.

I don't care for redundancy ...particularly when I paid for it the first time. I don't need to pay for it again because the educated doctor wishes for me to do his homework. Get it???
Being "from a family of medical" gives you no insight whatsoever. You're a patient, not a practitioner.

It doesn't matter if you "don't care for redundancy" or not. They do what they do because it's best practice for your care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 02:05 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Just had another thought on all the computer world and it's COSTS, I am one of the older members here so lived a long life with docs who did NOT have computerized practices and they worked just fine.

All this technology costs lots of BUCKS which adds to the cost of all our high cost medical care or so called care. Add all these costs to their practices which are passed on to the running of their businesses and the patients and insurance carriers. Does anyone think of this?

I still see when I have to a dermatologist who is 90something and NEVER computerized his office and he has plenty of business and a smart doctor.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:54 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
I saw a urologist today. It was my second visit with him. He had no idea why I was there. We joked around while he pulled up the electronic medical record. There would have been no point in me explaining my history when he could review everything in less than a minute. He could quickly see all of my lab tests, procedures, scans, etc. over the past ten years. In fact I pointed out to him a couple things that were listed on the electronic medical record. It helps if you know what is in your own record. This way you can steer the visit the way you want. I usually present options to the doctor and they typically ask me what I want to do. The end result today was a leading medical center does not do the procedure I wanted, so we decided I would do nothing. Ten minutes and a $50 co-pay, and I was out the door. He ordered a PSA and hopefully the electronic medial record alerts him to take a look at the results. I know I will check the results but I won't be too concerned about it.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:52 PM

680 posts, read 534,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just had another thought on all the computer world and it's COSTS, I am one of the older members here so lived a long life with docs who did NOT have computerized practices and they worked just fine.

All this technology costs lots of BUCKS which adds to the cost of all our high cost medical care or so called care. Add all these costs to their practices which are passed on to the running of their businesses and the patients and insurance carriers. Does anyone think of this?

I still see when I have to a dermatologist who is 90something and NEVER computerized his office and he has plenty of business and a smart doctor.
Hospitals are highly regulated by the government, including requiring computer based charting, by law they don’t have a choice. They spend millions, and that doesn’t even include all the IT people it takes to maintain technology. Hospitals have a lot of workers in cubicles now doing things behind the scenes. 6 figure directors of sunshine and feel good committees, that show off awards and perceived prestige. If you’re an employee at a hospital they even regulate where you place your water. Everyone is a robot. Park in the designated spot, punch in, say things to patients based off a script not your own words. Make sure they have an excellent experience at the hotel(hospital). Click boxes on a computer for hours. Do 10 tasks at once, so you’re completely overwhelmed and don’t get to eat lunch. Punch out, sleep, repeat.

Last edited by Matthew_MI; 06-26-2019 at 12:00 AM..

Old 06-26-2019, 07:15 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I gladly answer any questions my doctors have, even if I have answered them several times previously. It is the least I can do to help them help me.
Amen. I have worked in the medical field for about 15 years, and the hallmark of a lazy technician/assistant is when they fail to ask me to list my medication at every single visit. Things change. The doctor comes in and is surprised to learn I am no longer taking XYZ or I'm taking a new medicine. This happens about half the time and it affects patient care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness