U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 04:38 PM

2,912 posts, read 729,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I have never ordered a loaded baked potato, nor have I ever made one. I never thought the calories were worth it. I think if more people thought that way, that the enormous calorie count of a certain food is not worth eating, I think it might cut down on obesity. I think if people actually paid attention to how many calories are in certain foods they might stop and make a better choice.
If not loaded baked potatoes, in what exactly do you find enjoyment???

Day after day, I am amazed at the number of people who can deny themselves so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 05:54 PM

5,274 posts, read 6,329,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
If not loaded baked potatoes, in what exactly do you find enjoyment???

Day after day, I am amazed at the number of people who can deny themselves so much.
I don't place that much of my enjoyment on eating. Don't get me wrong, I am a foodie. I love good food, cooking, and dining out. But I can be much more fulfilled doing other things in my life. Eating a calorie laden gut bomb loaded baked potato does not sound all that great to me.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
At some point, whether you eat junk food or cook nutritious meals, you realize you are gaining weight by just how your clothes fit even if you don't weigh yourself. At that point, if one cuts back on food, whatever kind, the weight gain usually stops and you can lose the weight you gained. It comes down to self control. It never killed anyone that I'm aware of to eat less when you're gaining weight. It's difficult, but that's the choice you have.
I agree. The real disconnect for me is how huge people allow themselves to get. If my jeans start getting tight its time to act. I have gained enough weight to go up a couple of sizes, but I was miserable the entire time and decided to get back into shape. I just don't see how people can become 100 pounds overweight let alone gain 200 pounds or more.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:10 PM

17,852 posts, read 9,238,932 times
Quote:
I agree. The real disconnect for me is how huge people allow themselves to get. If my jeans start getting tight its time to act. I have gained enough weight to go up a couple of sizes, but I was miserable the entire time and decided to get back into shape. I just don't see how people can become 100 pounds overweight let alone gain 200 pounds or more.
Me either, to be fair, I got embarrassingly heavy before I figured out how to eat to correct my problems. I went to Walmart today and was again appalled and embarrassed for the fatties everywhere. I hope everyone will take a path to success, I know what worked for me but not many people are willing to commit to doing it.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 PM

663 posts, read 128,037 times
Quote:

At the end of the day in today's America a lot of people just don't care and are lazy AF. They sit in front of the TV, drink their sugary drinks, and eat their chips. This also includes having no intrinsic motivation to take care of themselves. No personal responsibility or integrity and this bleeds over into looking and acting like a heifer.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 3,404,969 times
The rise of fad diets in the latter part of the 20th century did not help anyone.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The rise of fad diets in the latter part of the 20th century did not help anyone.
Fad diets have been around as long as humanity. We as humans will always try and take the path of least resistance. You would think by now people would be skeptical of anything promoting fast or easy weight loss.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:06 PM

30,766 posts, read 19,457,440 times
Quote:
Fad diets have been around as long as humanity. We as humans will always try and take the path of least resistance. You would think by now people would be skeptical of anything promoting fast or easy weight loss.
And yet, here we are.

Anything that promises "eat ALL you want, just no (insert one or more: carbs, sugar, fat, wheat, gluten, etc)"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM

926 posts, read 119,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Why do you think it isn't? My granddaughter just won the healthy cooking contest at her elementary school and got to compete against the winners at all the other district schools. Very proud of her.

This is an annual event.

Well maybe her school is one the select few.

I have family in both the education & medical fields. They see the issues from both sides from young to old. For example a family member works in a school district that provides excellent breakfast/lunch programs. It offers items like grilled/baked fish, fresh salads, fresh fruits, etc. But the kids would rather eat unhealthy crap. The school district is on the verge of losing funding because this good food is wasted.
While another family member works in a hospital treating everything including Diabetes, heart attacks, obese kids/parents, etc.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:30 AM

936 posts, read 377,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
True.

And how many fad diets have we seen since the 1970s?

A very large industry to make a lot of money.

And people are unhealthier and fatter than ever before along with the diabetes epidemic and kidney failure increasing 4 times to what it was in the 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness