U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 01:46 PM

10,361 posts, read 15,216,159 times

Advertisements

Get some medical dropper and hydrogen peroxide. Lay your head down on mattress/pilloow, ear vertical up. Drop several drops of H2O2 into ear and let it be. Give enough time till it fizzles out completely. You'll know. Feels sorta like pouring champagne into ear, quite entertaining.
Do it twice a day for a week or so.
By the way, clears ear plugs real well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 02:06 PM

6,483 posts, read 2,592,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Have you ever seen olive oil go bad? I think that like honey it has a natural antibiotic in it.
An unsealed bottle of olive oil can definitely become rancid!

Old 05-09-2019, 02:08 PM

6,483 posts, read 2,592,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Get some medical dropper and hydrogen peroxide. Lay your head down on mattress/pilloow, ear vertical up. Drop several drops of H2O2 into ear and let it be. Give enough time till it fizzles out completely. You'll know. Feels sorta like pouring champagne into ear, quite entertaining.
Do it twice a day for a week or so.
By the way, clears ear plugs real well.
That won't help with an infection behind the ear drum, only the outer ear canal.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:15 PM

649 posts, read 456,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
That won't help with an infection behind the ear drum, only the outer ear canal.
Correct mine is behind the ear drum 99% of the time it occurs..

Old 05-09-2019, 02:24 PM

9,344 posts, read 16,674,706 times
I have gotten ear infections from colds a few times in recent years..... This last one, I rinsed my sinuses out with a saline solution 2x day for a week or so and then 1x per day for another week or two after that..... REALLLLLLLY helped......

Old 05-09-2019, 03:18 PM

488 posts, read 364,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
No.

Infections need antibiotics. Get a MD visit before it worsens into something else.

Antibiotics do *nothing* for fungal infections, though . . . and fungal infections are very common in ears.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:29 PM

488 posts, read 364,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
I do like dairy too much.. So maybe I avoid it when I get signs of a cold coming.. I thought of this.. Kind of depressing I enjoy milk with cereal and ice cream once in a while and yogurt.. Sigh haha

You might just have a problem with cow's milk. The cows in the USA produce a substance in their milk that causes a lot of people to develop phlegm . . . and phlegm is a WONDERFUL place for ALL kinds of pathogens to HIDE & REPRODUCE, out of the reach of our immune systems! Goat's milk does not produce phlegm, so you could try that instead . . . and there are many other milks you could use instead of animal milk . . . Coconut & Almond are very good sources of minerals, for instance.

However, it is also a fact that food allergies themselves have been linked to chronic ear infections. . . .

"In Childhood Ear Infections, Dr. Michael A. Schmidt presents over 16 scientific studies that show that many cases of chronic ear infections are due to food or airborne allergies or hypersensitivity reactions. Allergies can cause significant pressure changes within the middle ear, as well as obstruction of the eustachian tube. . . ."

Ear Infections - Alternative Solutions - Healthy Child
https://www.healthychild.com/ear-inf...ive-solutions/

Old 05-09-2019, 07:48 PM

431 posts, read 115,982 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Ive had ear problems my entire life such as tubes a dozen times as a kid and the horrifying reconstructive eardrum surgery to patch them when I was a teenager to try to make them as normal as possible after all that.

I am still prone to ear infections every few years and have already had 2 this year. Because of my history, I always get to the doctor after I've had it a few days because their prescriptions and sometimes shot can help me bounce back quicker.. Does anyone have any methods that work better thats OTC or a home remedy before I have to pay $80-$95 every ear infection (with health insurance too and belongs on a political forum)
6 drops of warm vodka in each ear, even if only one ear is infected and if you do not have tubes or punctured ear drum. Talk with your dr first if this is appropriate for you.
When you have infection- try sleeping more upright, as if you are sitting in bed.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:00 PM

7,208 posts, read 4,574,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
Antibiotics do *nothing* for fungal infections, though . . . and fungal infections are very common in ears.
I never had an ear infection in my life until I moved to Kentucky, at which point I started having anywhere from 4 to 6 each year. It took 5 years before I finally found a doctor smart enough to figure out that they were fungal. One drop of vinegar in each ear every 2 or 3 days, and I haven't had one in over 2 years now.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:33 PM

30,606 posts, read 13,159,259 times
Quote:
Usually they start with mild to severe colds then work their way into my middle ear behind my ear drum.

I have tried sudafed before but a DR told me to stay away from it.. But I am going to look into the others and take these aggressively any signs of a cold for now on (that usually starts these things and I'm tired of them)

Thanks for your input
I have very small eustachian tubes and have a lot of problems with ear infections and my ears stopping up. I use over the counter nasal spray like Afrin, it seems to help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness