U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:55 AM

14,558 posts, read 8,386,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Just the cart handle. I like to live dangerously when it comes to the actual items. In reality, people aren't wrapping their hands around the shopping items the same way they do with a shopping cart handle. And yes, I guess it it more of a Western thing. I lived in Boston for about 25 years before moving to Denver a dozen years ago, and it wasn't something I was accustomed to in Boston.
Way back in the Paleolithic era when I was a wee babe, my mom just stuck me in the cart when she went grocery shopping. I'm still here typing this, as are most Generation Xers. Now they have those ridiculous cushy cart covers for germaphobe parents even though the child is wearing a diaper, onesie, and possibly other clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 12:53 PM

71,683 posts, read 83,244,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Can your cell phone make you sick? No, this is not an anti device thread. I'm not going to suggest cell phones cause cancer or brain rot. However, your cell phone is at least 7 times dirtier than your toilet seat. When was the last time you cleaned your phone? We clean our kitchens, cars, dishes, clothes, children, pets, desks, and everything else. But many of us never clean our cell phones, which are the dirtiest items we ever use. It's a good idea to clean them occasionally with a diluted solution of alcohol or plain water and a microfiber cleaning cloth.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...an/2950106002/
wipe mine from time to time but am not paranoid. Think of all the things we handle that have germs on them It is also not good to wipe away all our germs.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:24 PM

20,957 posts, read 11,615,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Way back in the Paleolithic era when I was a wee babe, my mom just stuck me in the cart when she went grocery shopping. I'm still here typing this, as are most Generation Xers. Now they have those ridiculous cushy cart covers for germaphobe parents even though the child is wearing a diaper, onesie, and possibly other clothing.
I don't care that a cold won't kill me, I still prefer not to catch one if I can avoid it by taking 5 seconds to wipe down a shopping cart handle.

And since you aren't a parent, you presumably aren't too familiar with blowout diapers which can happen at any time without a warning and which aren't necessarily contained by a diaper, a onesie and a sleeper over that. So yes, I'm quite happy if people putting their diapered babies into grocery cart seats put additional barriers between a baby's butt and the rest of the cart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or