Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:18 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
biofeedback did that, behavior modification did that, pelvic floor exercises did that, constipation education did that on my own and also doctor gave advice and so did physical therapist, nothing new you mentioned.

OP, you've had an argument against everything suggested so far

As I said earlier, everyone reacts to ant medication in any given manner.

That said, constipation is not even listed as adverse reaction to MOST-if any (ARBs and ARB combos) Amlodipine, Valsartan, most ACE inhibitors, Alpha Blockers, Beta Blockers and Calcium Channel Blockers that I ran through interaction checker on both Epocrates and MedScape

That's very unusual, almost any drug shows up with diarrhea and constipation in post product release forms. So unusual that I can't remember that EVER happening in 50 years of practice and 6 years of Medication Management Review (MMR)

If you, or your doctor can't fond one that works, I suggest that your chronic constipation is from other causes (most likely psychosomatic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
OP, you've had an argument against everything suggested so far

As I said earlier, everyone reacts to ant medication in any given manner.

That said, constipation is not even listed as adverse reaction to MOST-if any (ARBs and ARB combos) Amlodipine, Valsartan, most ACE inhibitors, Alpha Blockers, Beta Blockers and Calcium Channel Blockers that I ran through interaction checker on both Epocrates and MedScape

That's very unusual, almost any drug shows up with diarrhea and constipation in post product release forms. So unusual that I can't remember that EVER happening in 50 years of practice and 6 years of Medication Management Review (MMR)

If you, or your doctor can't fond one that works, I suggest that your chronic constipation is from other causes (most likely psychosomatic)
I noticed the same thing in a recent search for side effects on a couple new medications that have been added to my regimen, ie, constipation and diarrhea both listed as side effects for the same meds. But you know how that goes, any possible side effects that come up in the pre-marketing patient studies, whether they occur (or are perceived to occur due to the drug) in the test arm or placebo arm, even in equal or greater frequency in the placebo arm, the side effects get attached to that drug in the documentation.

So two of my new drugs, diltiazem and chlorthalidone, list both diarrhea and constipation in their side effects, though I can't say I've had issues with either, at least not attributable to these drugs. I could understand the possible dehydrating effects of the chlorthalidone as a diuretic possibly causing issues with constipation in those prone to it, but that can be mitigated by drinking enough to stay ahead of all those trips to the bathroom in staying hydrated.

I also think I saw something somewhere about diltiazem's effects on slowing down GI peristalsis slightly possibly contributing to constipation, but maybe that was just conjecture?

Old 06-13-2019, 05:23 PM

166 posts, read 97,416 times
Can someone tell me what the hell do they put in high blood pressure medications that causes constipation? What specific ingredients?

Old 06-13-2019, 08:22 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Psychotherapy and formal education with a personal nurse educator and dietitian are your missing links, according to Mayo Clinic.
Agreed. It is possible that the OP is eating a diet that contributes to constipation. You can have too much fiber or she might be eating foods high in FODMAPs... eating a low FODMAP diet and seeing if that helps would be a good way to start. The OP has indicated she is vegan and I know that there are some plant-based proteins that are really hard for me to eat. I feel absolutely MISERABLE after eating them, because many are high in FODMAPs. I have a feeling that this could very well be contributing to the OPs issue. Some of them make me feel like I am about ready to explode.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,411,051 times
The OP mentioned in another post that they have a binge eating disorder

Old 06-14-2019, 07:30 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
Can someone tell me what the hell do they put in high blood pressure medications that causes constipation? What specific ingredients?

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch!!!

Old 06-15-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
The OP mentioned in another post that they have a binge eating disorder

I've had high blood pressure since age 12, that's many years before binge eating even began and I had kidney disease since age 19 and that's about 8 years before binge eating began. Therapy for binge eating didn't work. I saw 2 who specialize in it. They told me the same thing- that I will have this for the rest of my life. Staring late last year I started eating smarter when binge eating. I don't drink soda anymore. I eat no sugar added and low salt.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:48 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina22241 View Post
buy drugs online without prescription https://www.greenhavenonlinepharmacy.com
No thanks.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Anything you take for constipation is a temporary solution. Anything will make your body depend on it if you use it long term instead of changing your diet.

You said that Linzess doesn't work unless you stop taking your blood pressure med for days. Is that a good idea? Why keep taking Linzess when it's not working as intended? Are you going to take it for the rest of your life? Sounds like you are dependent on it and also taking risks by stopping your BP meds for days.

BP meds are diruetics that flush fluids from your body. That is why your stools are hard and making you constipated. You'll have to either compensate with diet and make necessary changes, or take something like Miralax occasionally. You could use an enema but you don't want to become dependent on that either.
Seems like the OP has become dependent on meds for her/his problem . I would try backing off and drinking lost of water, maybe even lemon juice, fruit juice, lots of root vegetables and fruit, fruit, fruit.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Seems like the OP has become dependent on meds for her/his problem . I would try backing off and drinking lost of water, maybe even lemon juice, fruit juice, lots of root vegetables and fruit, fruit, fruit.

fruit, fruit, fruit, LOL, Did it already, I don't think you understand what pelvic floor dyssynergia is, it's the anal sphincter not relaxing causing chronic constipation, that has nothing to do with fruit, and I already did that, the only thing that happens by eating a lot of fruit is more gas and more having to push harder because it's hard to go, I might go a little more but there will be a lot more gas (imagine this while being at a 1 hour and 30 minute training class at the job) and having to spend more time pushing hard. I drink a lot of water already, at least 100 oz a day and I'm sure it's more than that--- recommended by doctors. If it wasn't for my Linzess 290 mcg medication there is NO way I could be working right now so your advice means I would be not working, not smart. It's how I am able to go to these job meetings without embarrassing myself and having to quit even though it's hard. I take Linzess during weekends so these job meetings take place first day of the week so I was able to go to the bathroom much more but still not completely. I remember I spent like 8 days without taking any of this medication, eating a lot of fruit, water, and vegetables and enough fiber, and doing the yoga medication and massages/exercises and stretches specifically designed for pelvic floor disorder and what happened? I couldn't go at all. Why? Because I didn't take the Linzess. That's why. Then I had enough and took Linzess and what happened? I went to the bathroom even though I had to push hard still but went at least 50% more. That's a difference. Use your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness