U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 01:11 PM

18 posts, read 3,971 times

Advertisements

I’m definitely pushing to find the cause and will not stop doing so, but in the meantime I literally HAVE to treat the symptoms just to make it through the day.

My GP ran the test that showed a positive ANA but seemed to lack the knowledge to interpret the results and brushed it aside as someone else’s problem. The general consensus is that “well, these things show false positives all the time-you probably don’t have an autoimmune disorder”. I actually have an appointment (only because I INSISTED) with a rheumatologist this next week just to make certain.
Why run an ANA panel if you’re just going to dismiss the results? It’s frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 01:53 PM

1,070 posts, read 570,227 times
Quote:
taking adderall XR 30mg at around 7 am
That is a high dosage of adderall. Maybe you are experiencing exhaustion when it wears off? Have you asked your doctor if it would be better to take a couple of smaller doses of the non XR version spread out throughout the day?

Old 06-08-2019, 02:40 PM

Itís a high dose...that barely does anything for me. I could literally take it and lay right back down and sleep; it only seems to really work in combination with me actively fighting sleep or keeping myself busy/moving.

Even though the sleepiness is all throughout the day, he had the same thought process, so added 5mg Ritalin around 4pm. Absolutely no change. We did just change my prescription, though, because I thought that my PPI might be degrading the capsule, essentially turning it into an IR and dosing all at once. Iím now trying out adderall 10mg IR 4x daily, timing/dosage is at my discretion (so when Iím the most sleepy). I just started this about a week ago and havenít been able to notice any difference so far, no matter how I split it up. I feel so out of it right now, even as I write this, and I just took another 10mg about an hour ago.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:30 PM

23,289 posts, read 8,080,802 times
There are alternatives to Adderall and even non prescription but as I've read here weaker:

https://corpina.com/best-adderall-alternatives/

Old 06-08-2019, 04:00 PM

3,882 posts, read 1,653,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchemist View Post
Iím definitely pushing to find the cause and will not stop doing so, but in the meantime I literally HAVE to treat the symptoms just to make it through the day.

My GP ran the test that showed a positive ANA but seemed to lack the knowledge to interpret the results and brushed it aside as someone elseís problem. The general consensus is that ďwell, these things show false positives all the time-you probably donít have an autoimmune disorderĒ. I actually have an appointment (only because I INSISTED) with a rheumatologist this next week just to make certain.
Why run an ANA panel if youíre just going to dismiss the results? Itís frustrating.
Fatigue and anxiety are symptoms of lupus. Especially if you are female, sometimes practitioners brush these off and just assume you have anxiety for no good reason. However, with a positive ANA, it seems ridiculous to just ignore it... it might be a false positive, but if it is not, then there could be a good reason why none of these medications are helping.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are alternatives to Adderall and even non prescription but as I've read here weaker:

[url]https://corpina.com/best-adderall-alternatives/[/url]
Ah, yeah, Iíve looked into a lot of these; I take fish oil every day, actually, and did look into the nootropics as an alternative. According to my genesight testing, though, I would require extensive levels of modafinil which might exacerbate side effects before a therapeutic level is achieved. These are interesting, though, thank you!

Old 06-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Fatigue and anxiety are symptoms of lupus. Especially if you are female, sometimes practitioners brush these off and just assume you have anxiety for no good reason. However, with a positive ANA, it seems ridiculous to just ignore it... it might be a false positive, but if it is not, then there could be a good reason why none of these medications are helping.

My GPís exact words were ďIt could be Sjogrens. It could be Lupus. Most likely itís nothingĒ.

But my thoughts, exactly. Itís ludicrous. If thereís a potential for a diagnosis and I do not have to take stimulants for the rest of my life, then GET AT ME! Lol

Not to add even more complications, but I just thought of this....the house Iíve been renting for years now has some mold/mildew issues. I constantly have to scrub the walls and if I leave the dehumidifier off for a few hours thereís an overwhelming musty smell. I wonder if this could be the cause for all my evasive symptoms?

I do not see an option to include photos or I would...itís like a grayish circle with a black spot in the center.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:18 PM

23,289 posts, read 8,080,802 times
Quote:
Ah, yeah, Iíve looked into a lot of these; I take fish oil every day, actually, and did look into the nootropics as an alternative. According to my genesight testing, though, I would require extensive levels of modafinil which might exacerbate side effects before a therapeutic level is achieved. These are interesting, though, thank you!
Just had a thought, that expression Less is Best, maybe look at Homeopathics as Like Cures Like. Do some of your own research on your issues and homeopathy and then maybe a homeopathic doctor. The world is into homeopathic medicine except the good ole U.S. We are trailing behind but there is a segment that "buys" it, I do and have used it and still do.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 8,421,425 times
Quote:
My GPís exact words were ďIt could be Sjogrens. It could be Lupus. Most likely itís nothingĒ.

But my thoughts, exactly. Itís ludicrous. If thereís a potential for a diagnosis and I do not have to take stimulants for the rest of my life, then GET AT ME! Lol

Not to add even more complications, but I just thought of this....the house Iíve been renting for years now has some mold/mildew issues. I constantly have to scrub the walls and if I leave the dehumidifier off for a few hours thereís an overwhelming musty smell. I wonder if this could be the cause for all my evasive symptoms?

I do not see an option to include photos or I would...itís like a grayish circle with a black spot in the center.
...but you have been having various sleep issues since childhood...so mold would not seem to be the primary cause even if it does happen to exacerbate things now.

Here's something that might be of interest:

https://www.hypersomniafoundation.org/about-treatment/

Old 06-08-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
...but you have been having various sleep issues since childhood...so mold would not seem to be the primary cause even if it does happen to exacerbate things now.

Here's something that might be of interest:

https://www.hypersomniafoundation.org/about-treatment/

Various sleep issues, yes, but no prior significant cognitive impairment. I was also referring more-so to the ANA results, not sleepiness. I know that I am allergic to certain molds, which is the only reason I mentioned this as a possible trigger.

I do still think that a sleep disorder is a high possibility, whether primary or secondary.

Thanks for the link! Piggy-backing off of this....I think thatís one of the major things that concerns me..if itís a condition that is generally treated with stimulants, then how do you treat it when stimulants arenít working? Higher dose? Iíd prefer not. Perhaps a different type. Idk. Iím just. So. Damn. Tired. Of everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or