U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 PM

17 posts, read 2,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I had mold in my apt yrs ago, live close to the ocean and it's damp here, and got the Health Dept involved.

Used bleach on some areas and never had a problem again.
I called the city a couple years ago just for them to say they couldnít do anything about it but give my landlord a citation for not having railing on the staircase outside......and then I could have been evicted if he so chose.

I use bleach to clean it up, but it still keeps coming back. Thereís structural problems (holes everywhere, the wood floors are shifting, poorly insulated, gaps between doors-almost like the whole house is shifting) and Iím pretty sure thereís some kind of leak in the ceiling and walls that was never fixed.

My landlord simply says that everyone has mold around here and thereís nothing you can do about it 🙄🙄 if I had the money to move, I wouldíve been gone a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 12:23 PM

10,572 posts, read 21,235,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchemist View Post
I have not. Would I not have had symptoms of an infection in this case, though? I do not have a regular fever and can think of no instance when I was sick that I wasnít diagnosed with strep/the flu/etc..
The only symptom I had was tired. I wanted to be tested for Epstein Barr since I had tonsil issues as a teen. My Dr found I was recently infected with mono

Old 06-09-2019, 09:37 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,096,945 times
How much do you weigh and how do you eat? I have seen some folks who eat no breakfast and have a Coke and a cinnamon roll for a morning snack and so forth and the terrible eating goes on all day long from there. THAT will drain you and make you feel terrible! If you eat that way and it has made you get very overweight, that adds to feeling ill/tired.

If you eat healthy relatively (80% good food, 20% average to fatty or fried) and exercise and have this sleepiness then yes it sounds like you have some narcolepsy. The docs should be your best resource.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
How much do you weigh and how do you eat? I have seen some folks who eat no breakfast and have a Coke and a cinnamon roll for a morning snack and so forth and the terrible eating goes on all day long from there. THAT will drain you and make you feel terrible! If you eat that way and it has made you get very overweight, that adds to feeling ill/tired.

If you eat healthy relatively (80% good food, 20% average to fatty or fried) and exercise and have this sleepiness then yes it sounds like you have some narcolepsy. The docs should be your best resource.
Iím about 128 lb right now at ~5í6Ē. Iíve never been considered overweight; did competitive gymnastics until about half way through college then had a knee injury. I do weightlifting 3x a week plus a little cardio; my diet (since I suspected then same) has been super clean for a while now. Eggs at breakfast, protein shake as a snack, chicken or turkey and some rice/sweet potato and veggies at lunch, protein bar, and some chicken and veggies at dinner (with different substitutions of the like).

Iíve literally tried changing everything I could on my own.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:51 AM

6,795 posts, read 3,786,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchemist View Post
Iím about 128 lb right now at ~5í6Ē. Iíve never been considered overweight; did competitive gymnastics until about half way through college then had a knee injury. I do weightlifting 3x a week plus a little cardio; my diet (since I suspected then same) has been super clean for a while now. Eggs at breakfast, protein shake as a snack, chicken or turkey and some rice/sweet potato and veggies at lunch, protein bar, and some chicken and veggies at dinner (with different substitutions of the like).

Iíve literally tried changing everything I could on my own.
You might try a brisk walk for a half hour or so every day. Trying different times of day to see when it's most effective may be a consideration. Early morning (probably not for you,) before dinner or after dinner are logical times. I'm talking outside in fresh air not on a treadmill staring at the same four walls.

Old Today, 07:01 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update after seeing the rheumatologist! He said I seem to have a mild case of Sjogrens Syndrome (SS-A of 3; positive result >0.9, CRP of 1.39; positive result >1). I also seemed, as has been the case for a while now, to have borderline high MCV & platelet count, and borderline low RBC. My chloride was low and sodium borderline low (I say borderline as in within a single digit from being considered too low/too high). However, that was it. He gave me the diagnosis and sent me on my way. No advice or medication to combat the sleepiness, didn’t even address the neurological symptoms. Nothing. I’m seemingly even more confused now! He only said to schedule appointments for every six months to check on my kidney and liver function. So...what?? Is it still something else going on or could all of this just be because of the Sjogrens and I’m going to be stuck feeling like this for the rest of my life? :/ I feel like this is just worsening my depression.

Old Today, 09:55 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,793,155 times
You need to try a new rheumatologist. Donít give up until you find a dr that take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or