U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 02:36 PM

4,642 posts, read 3,701,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Don't worry about it. By the time I had surgery I was down to eating raw carrot sticks and THAT was bringing on attacks.

Some of us just get gallstones, no matter what we do. Thank god we live in the modern age where it can be fixed very easy.
A list of risk factors (having been born a man or woman, our family history, and ethnicity are all out of our control):

Quote:
You are most at risk of having gallbladder problems if you:
  • Are a woman
  • Are older than 60
  • Have a family history of gallbladder problems
  • Are overweight or obese
  • Have diabetes
  • Take certain medications
  • Are Native American or Mexican American

Source: https://www.everydayhealth.com/gallb...u-at-risk.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 02:43 PM

5,432 posts, read 4,080,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Don't worry about it. By the time I had surgery I was down to eating raw carrot sticks and THAT was bringing on attacks.

Some of us just get gallstones, no matter what we do. Thank god we live in the modern age where it can be fixed very easy.
I was to the point that even water made me sick by the time they figured out my gallbladder was shot.

I did have "some" minor issues with the types of food I ate afterwards. Salad and greasy food had me running to the restroom within minutes after eating them. That was 10 years ago and some foods still give me the same results. My wife had hers removed a year or so later and didn't have any issues to speak of (and still doesn't).

OP - you'll be fine. It's not that bad of a procedure to recover from and you'll feel a WHOLE lot better afterwards when you stop having the attacks. It was worth it.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:54 PM

52 posts, read 10,354 times
Sounds terrible that both of you got attacks from eating or drinking so little normal things. I am glad it is not like that for me. Infact I am only eating the same stuff for a long time and wont touch anything else because am scared eating something else to get pain then. Have been free from attacks from beginning of June. For me mostly what used to trigger attacks are minor things too, like a cup of coffee or a can of coke and green tea. Thought it was the caffeine but Even a fanta gave me night pain. I guess anything fizzy will do it so am avoiding them for a long time. Cant wait to have a nice drink again!!!!

Old 07-09-2019, 03:58 PM

But anyways, at least one good thing My weight did drop.^^ I went from 85 Kilos to 67 Kilos haha. I am happy about this

Old 07-09-2019, 04:03 PM

31,651 posts, read 19,962,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
But anyways, at least one good thing My weight did drop.^^ I went from 85 Kilos to 67 Kilos haha. I am happy about this
Gotta take our silver linings where we can!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-09-2019, 04:35 PM

23,733 posts, read 8,251,498 times
The list of factors for G.B. issues in 101 above is interesting. Do any of you fit in there who have G.B. issues. Sodas in general are not the best for any of us and I have not touched one in probably 20 yrs just because I've read so much about the negative health factors from them and I did enough as a pretty young person. Do other members of your families have G.B. issues have you asked yourself.

I deal with another issue and know a lot of my mother's family has this issue.

Good ole clean quality water is my one and only drink and a cup of organic coffee in the AM.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 AM

You are most at risk of having gallbladder problems if you:
Are a woman
Are older than 60
Have a family history of gallbladder problems
Are overweight or obese
Have diabetes
Take certain medications
Are Native American or Mexican American

I am a woman
I am 28 years old.
My mother had gb problems as you know already
Overweight I was a bit
No diabetes
No medications
I am a German and live in Germany. Funny thing is my problems started when I lived on Malta (european island for 2 years.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:55 AM

By the way. I love America! Just had to say it^^

Old 07-10-2019, 09:31 AM

4,642 posts, read 3,701,111 times
Quote:
I am a woman
I am 28 years old.
My mother had gb problems as you know already
Overweight I was a bit
No diabetes
No medications
I am a German and live in Germany. Funny thing is my problems started when I lived on Malta (european island for 2 years.
It's called the luck of the draw: some people can get away with smoking all their lives and die at 100 in perfect health, others (like Andy Kaufman) never smoke and end up with lung cancer. If you drive a car and decide stop lights are suggestions and run every one you see, you might get away with it -- or you might end up in an accident or in court for breaking the law.

I started developing cataracts in my 30s, and had to have them removed in my mid 40s. I asked the doctor why I had developed them and he said - some people get cataracts when they're young, most don't. Probably nothing I did or didn't do, just another example of the luck of the draw. Same with your gall bladder disease.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:18 AM

31,651 posts, read 19,962,004 times
Quote:
By the way. I love America! Just had to say it^^
My husband was AF and traveled a lot, and Germany is his favorite, with Singapore coming in a close 2nd.

Let's see:

Are a woman Yes
Are older than 60 No
Have a family history of gallbladder problems No
Are overweight or obese Nope
Have diabetes Nope
Take certain medications Nope
Are Native American or Mexican American Half Mexican
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness