U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 03:35 PM

59 posts, read 11,834 times

Advertisements

Funny note I was reading my Horoscope for the Month and it was saying I should forget the past and do what I have to do! AND it said I should write my wish on a paper on the 16 July night because it will be a full moon. Lol It had to be the 16th !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 03:35 PM

4,055 posts, read 2,626,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
Yeah it will be here before I know it because on the 2. July I was telling my self : Hey you stil have 2 weeks so relax. But now its only a weekend away almost and I wonder where the 2 weeks did go Oo the closer it gets the more I worry and panik.

Think of it this way, the closer it gets the closer you are to being done with it and feeling better. You won't "have" to worry about it anymore. I'm sure you will be fine and so happy when it's over.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 PM

4,660 posts, read 3,710,156 times
Quote:
Did she have other symptoms before the gallbladder surgery? Infact my gyn told me that I should ask the surgeon to take photos of the ovarian cysts. But to be honest.... Since am so scared of that the same happens to me like my mother, I want to just get over with it. Cause if I think about it that they check other stuff while surgery I get even more paranoid that they damaege an organ inside ... I know sounds stupid but I am just scared !
Almost always I've found the fear of not knowing whether something is wrong is worse than the fear of knowing something is wrong.

My father died of a massive heart attack at the age of 51 when I was 25 years old. A few years later I developed panic disorder - I started over-attending to every physical symptom and imagining it was a heart attack. I self-medicated with alcohol which made things worse - it initially calms you down, but you end up more anxious when it wears off. At the age of 72, I've now outlived my father by 21 years. I have had atrial fibrillation for the past 19 years (probably as a result of my high blood pressure), but I'm still going.

Several years ago, my PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels were high and I was referred to a urologist. I had quarterly tests for the next year and a half, and the readings remained high so he recommended a prostate biopsy. I lived in fear of being diagnosed with prostate cancer for a year and a half. Turn out I do have prostate cancer - but it's not aggressive and the urologist said it's likely something else would kill me before the prostate cancer (and the cancer may never get any worse - most men my age have some degree of ).

When you have a laparoscopy, they inflate your abdomen with carbon dioxide so they have room to move around. I wouldn't think their hving a look-see at other organs would add a lot to the risk of the procedure. It's true that any surgical procedure comes with a certain level of risk, and things can go wrong - but so does commuting to work or cooking dinner on the stove or taking a walk in the park. I do know from my research before my own operation that laparoscopic surgery is safer than open surgery and the recovery is faster.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:50 PM

18,294 posts, read 10,386,738 times
Quote:
Did she have other symptoms before the gallbladder surgery? Infact my gyn told me that I should ask the surgeon to take photos of the ovarian cysts. But to be honest.... Since am so scared of that the same happens to me like my mother, I want to just get over with it. Cause if I think about it that they check other stuff while surgery I get even more paranoid that they damaege an organ inside ... I know sounds stupid but I am just scared !
No; there were no other concerns other than her gall-bladder attack that came out of the blue, resembling a heart attack in it's severity. We were shopping in a China shop selling Royal Dalton Figurines and she went to her knees right there on the spot. With the hospital literally a five minute drive away and being much younger then, I picked her up bundled her into the car and broke every traffic law in the book to arrive at emerge within ten minutes. The attending doctor instantly recognized the symptoms and after running some tests, correctly diagnosed a gall bladder episode. She had the surgery done within a week of that episode.

Apparently it was routine protocol for this surgeon to have a look around while in there for women of menopausal age.

No problems were encountered and she was told all looked normal except for the absence of one ovary. Discharged from hospital after two days and recovery was very quick.

Organs and surgeons have a special relationship with them of necessity getting along together quite well.

Your surgeon will do nothing against your wishes but if he/she recommends, and you oblige, consider the knowledge gained, whether positive, or (hopefully not) negative very worthwhile knowing. Think of the benefits of knowing early something is amiss with your liver or pancreas prior to it manifesting later.

Take confidence in the fact your operation has been performed literally millions of times without incident.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:34 AM

31,712 posts, read 20,001,474 times
Quote:
Yeah but it might sound stupid to some people. It is really hard to control these feelings. I wish I was stronger than my feelings -_-
Anxiety is not healthy for your body, so do what you can to relieve the stress. Exercise, do something fun, whatever works for you.

Right now, your mind is not helping your body.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-12-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Almost always I've found the fear of not knowing whether something is wrong is worse than the fear of knowing something is wrong.

My father died of a massive heart attack at the age of 51 when I was 25 years old. A few years later I developed panic disorder - I started over-attending to every physical symptom and imagining it was a heart attack. I self-medicated with alcohol which made things worse - it initially calms you down, but you end up more anxious when it wears off. At the age of 72, I've now outlived my father by 21 years. I have had atrial fibrillation for the past 19 years (probably as a result of my high blood pressure), but I'm still going.

Several years ago, my PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels were high and I was referred to a urologist. I had quarterly tests for the next year and a half, and the readings remained high so he recommended a prostate biopsy. I lived in fear of being diagnosed with prostate cancer for a year and a half. Turn out I do have prostate cancer - but it's not aggressive and the urologist said it's likely something else would kill me before the prostate cancer (and the cancer may never get any worse - most men my age have some degree of ).

When you have a laparoscopy, they inflate your abdomen with carbon dioxide so they have room to move around. I wouldn't think their hving a look-see at other organs would add a lot to the risk of the procedure. It's true that any surgical procedure comes with a certain level of risk, and things can go wrong - but so does commuting to work or cooking dinner on the stove or taking a walk in the park. I do know from my research before my own operation that laparoscopic surgery is safer than open surgery and the recovery is faster.
I am sorry to hear that what happened to your father. I kind of had the same thing. 6 Months after what happened to my mother, I started to get a discomfort under my left rips. From the day she died I barely left the house, started drinking, almost everyday and thats where this diskomfort started. I am with it until now, 8 Years after. My doctor first told me I am to much thinking about my mother and that he thinks that I imagine I have something in my tummy. Idk tho because I am still with it. Its nothing what you can feel or its not hurting too. Just like some discomfort. I wil have to see what they tell me about this in Hospital... I just regret never going to doctors because like I said, I thought doctors only want to do mistakes and dont care........ i am feeling kind of sick right now l, all this thinking. I feel like throwing up

Old 07-12-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Anxiety is not healthy for your body, so do what you can to relieve the stress. Exercise, do something fun, whatever works for you.

Right now, your mind is not helping your body.
I know... I am trying to do some stuff to get my head think about other stuff. But its like this, 1 Hour I am fine and the next Hour I feel terrible and scared panik. The day has to just come.......

Old 07-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No; there were no other concerns other than her gall-bladder attack that came out of the blue, resembling a heart attack in it's severity. We were shopping in a China shop selling Royal Dalton Figurines and she went to her knees right there on the spot. With the hospital literally a five minute drive away and being much younger then, I picked her up bundled her into the car and broke every traffic law in the book to arrive at emerge within ten minutes. The attending doctor instantly recognized the symptoms and after running some tests, correctly diagnosed a gall bladder episode. She had the surgery done within a week of that episode.

Apparently it was routine protocol for this surgeon to have a look around while in there for women of menopausal age.

No problems were encountered and she was told all looked normal except for the absence of one ovary. Discharged from hospital after two days and recovery was very quick.

Organs and surgeons have a special relationship with them of necessity getting along together quite well.

Your surgeon will do nothing against your wishes but if he/she recommends, and you oblige, consider the knowledge gained, whether positive, or (hopefully not) negative very worthwhile knowing. Think of the benefits of knowing early something is amiss with your liver or pancreas prior to it manifesting later.

Take confidence in the fact your operation has been performed literally millions of times without incident.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thank you for the answer. I am happy for you and her that she recovered so quick. I will decide every thing when I actually talk to them on 16 July. I want to tell them what and how I feel and what they think is best for me and I am going to listen. All I want is to feel better but I have such a hard time in trusting Doctors. I hope they will be nice to me I rly wish that

Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 PM

31,712 posts, read 20,001,474 times
When you start getting anxious, make yourself think of all of your favorite foods that you will eat.

(I have a tendency towards anxiety and have to redirect my thoughts frequently)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 PM

I have another question. Please dont think I overreacting or so. You think it is important to also tell the hospital that sometimes when I go to bed, I close my eyes and right the 1 sekond before I sleep I get a very fast heartbeat and then I open my eyes, take a deep breath and try sleep again. And this keeps going on until I decide to just fall asleep with my eyes open while watching television. I have been getting this since 2016.like sometimes I dont have it for a whole 6 months but then I have it every night for 1 week and it stops again for a few months. Idk what that is too......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness