U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:56 AM

667 posts, read 388,126 times

Advertisements

The riskiest part of the whole thing is the ride to and from hospital. I had heart surgery and everything went great. Was out of hospital in 3 days. Almost got hit by another driver at intersection when he ran a red light.

All the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM

30 posts, read 4,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
That does sound like a bit of a wait- I know it's painful but the doctor must not consider it an emergency right now. Can you ask him about pain medication which might help you get through the time you're waiting? That and eating small non-fat meals as you can tolerate them might help too. Possibly if the doc has a cancellation or otherwise available spot to get you to surgery before July 4, he could fit you in. Also be sure to let him know if you become much sicker, ie, you run a high fever, notice you're becoming jaundiced ( yellow), or you have severe unrelenting pain around the middle to the left side of your abdomen, and/or you have severe vomitting and can't keep anything down.

I've also known lots of people (including many family members) who have had gallbladder surgery, and had no problems with it.

Hey thank you for taking your time writing. When I was in hospital on Saturday, they gave me medicine to take at home for when I get an attack. What mostly bugs me a lot is that I have a diskomfort on my right tummy when am sitting. And that I get pain in my tummy cause ALL I eat is little bowls of cereals 2 x a day..... I am so tired and hungry but its like I cannot eat any thing else any more. ((

Old 06-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
The riskiest part of the whole thing is the ride to and from hospital. I had heart surgery and everything went great. Was out of hospital in 3 days. Almost got hit by another driver at intersection when he ran a red light.

All the best.
That sounds bad... :i hope you are al right! And thank you

Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM

All I do is cry. I feel so awful. Thinking of not waking up anymore after op or that something went wrong. How can I ever feel better???? I do not wanna stay crying in Hospital for some small op ....... Its like I have so much trauma, dunno how to deal with it

Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM

31,269 posts, read 19,739,850 times
While no fun, in context, you are extremely lucky to have something so minor and so easily fixed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
While no fun, in context, you are extremely lucky to have something so minor and so easily fixed.
Yes thats exactly what makes me angry on my self.... Its just what happend to my mother. She went in for gallbladder op in 2011. After she woke up, she had pain and very high fever. They took her in again and her body was filled with her own sh.it
Coma for 9weeks and she didnt make it

Old 06-11-2019, 01:18 PM

Did you guys do a gastroscopy before surgery??is it important?

Old 06-11-2019, 02:15 PM

129 posts, read 202,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
Did you guys do a gastroscopy before surgery??is it important?
No. In my case they knew it was a problem from an MRI a year before. I said leave it alone as it didn't bother me at the time when they asked if I wanted it out.

1 year later it started hurting on the right side of my back after eating spicy food (I thought it was gas ). Another MRI and it was out three hours after walking into hospital.

You'll be fine.

Best,

Dave

Old 06-11-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_England View Post
No. In my case they knew it was a problem from an MRI a year before. I said leave it alone as it didn't bother me at the time when they asked if I wanted it out.

1 year later it started hurting on the right side of my back after eating spicy food (I thought it was gas ). Another MRI and it was out three hours after walking into hospital.

You'll be fine.

Best,

Dave
So you think Ultrasound and bloodtests is enough? I had 3 last week and all showed the same.so dunno if I I need more tests done

Old 06-11-2019, 07:58 PM

405 posts, read 255,812 times
I had an ultrasound, a blood test, and some kind of nuclear test that ended up showing bile backing up into the liver. Never had an MRI, but I did have an endoscopy while I was in the hospital, shortly before my surgery.

This was in 1997, so some procedures may have changed. If the ultrasound shows the gallbladder to be full of stones, that might be enough to indicate surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness