Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 12:10 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
By the way. I love America! Just had to say it^^
That's very kind - thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 11:04 PM

70 posts, read 44,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I am getting mine out on the 11th. At this point I will take the risk to not be in this pain. Lost 22 lbs in the last three months.
Hey, I was just thinking about you. Wishing u the Best!

Old 07-11-2019, 09:56 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Hey, I was just thinking about you. Wishing u the Best!
And if I recall your gallbladder surgery is coming up on July 16th? Five days away, and it will be here before you know it

Five days to feeling better and countdown to eating what you want!

Old 07-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And if I recall your gallbladder surgery is coming up on July 16th? Five days away, and it will be here before you know it

Five days to feeling better and countdown to eating what you want!
In a way I cant wait. But on the other thought I get scared again:/
On 16 July I will go in, do tests etc and the Surgery will be on 17 July. Feeling kind of mixed feelings

Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
In a way I cant wait. But on the other thought I get scared again:/
On 16 July I will go in, do tests etc and the Surgery will be on 17 July. Feeling kind of mixed feelings
All that's entirely natural! Of course you're scared, anxious, and that won't change till you're past the surgery. Yet you're anxious and wanting to get it over with, and start feeling like a human being again.

Nobody in this world would feel any different under those circumstances.

The 17th, then. It'll still be here before you know it.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
You might wish to have a chat with your surgeon to ascertain if he/she/they subscribe to the "look around while in there" protocol. My wife had hers removed laparoscopically in the mid 80's and her surgeon told her they would do an explore and look around while in there by using an inert gas to inflate her abdominal cavity and two additional "punctures" so that they could use instruments to lift organs out of the way and check out her ovaries and other bits and pieces they mentioned, that have since been forgotten with the passage of time.
That little excursion and the info garnered was how my wife first discovered she was born with only one ovary.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:38 PM

Did she have other symptoms before the gallbladder surgery? Infact my gyn told me that I should ask the surgeon to take photos of the ovarian cysts. But to be honest.... Since am so scared of that the same happens to me like my mother, I want to just get over with it. Cause if I think about it that they check other stuff while surgery I get even more paranoid that they damaege an organ inside ... I know sounds stupid but I am just scared !

Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
OP: It does not sound stupid that you are scared, these are your feelings.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: It does not sound stupid that you are scared, these are your feelings.
Yeah but it might sound stupid to some people. It is really hard to control these feelings. I wish I was stronger than my feelings -_-

Old 07-11-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
All that's entirely natural! Of course you're scared, anxious, and that won't change till you're past the surgery. Yet you're anxious and wanting to get it over with, and start feeling like a human being again.

Nobody in this world would feel any different under those circumstances.

The 17th, then. It'll still be here before you know it.
Yeah it will be here before I know it because on the 2. July I was telling my self : Hey you stil have 2 weeks so relax. But now its only a weekend away almost and I wonder where the 2 weeks did go Oo the closer it gets the more I worry and panik.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness