Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:38 PM

220 posts, read 133,715 times

Advertisements

Does anyone drink Aloe Vera? Is it good for a lot of things? Is it suppose to be refrigerated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:36 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog2 View Post
Does anyone drink Aloe Vera? Is it good for a lot of things? Is it suppose to be refrigerated?
Yes, and it is a great health supplement. I refrigerate it after opening. Definitely on my "top 3" list of supplements. Does so many good things for you. Lakewood Organic Pure Aloe is the best brand I have found.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:00 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
OP: I agree with heart84, I've taken aloe gel/juice for years off and on and not now, but it very useful for what it's said to be used for and yes refrig after opening.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:55 PM

1,625 posts, read 1,356,056 times
I don't take it but my friend does. His favorite brand is George's because it's not bitter like some other brands. I tried it and it tasted very neutral, like water.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:43 PM

233 posts, read 155,441 times
Default Drinking Aloe

Quote:

Sure do....Got the notion from an Iridologist to drink it, some here would call him a quack. But I knew Dr. Tony for a few years and I found him quite credible

It's an awesome natural healer, you don't get the whistles and bells the so-called doctors give you, nor a bill for a liver transplant if you're fortunate/unfortunate , depending on your point of view, enuf to be chosen, for whatever reason.

It has builtin feedback for just how well your liver is doing, so the avg persons exposure to painkillers and antibiotics and drinking not to mention just the pollution in the air, all adds up.

So for ME, I started drinking about 4oz and it was pretty bitter, tho not surprised, I've been around for quite some time, exposed to all I mentioned and more. Bitter was no surprise, BUT what you likely don't know is the 1st taste is the plants comment on the shape/condition of your liver.

As you drink it, I've heard as much as 32oz a day, from an alcoholic with a very sick liver, and he actually improved his liver function. So as the liver heals, it becomes less bitter, not because you just get used to it, no, but because of the healing of the liver.

I tried an experiment, I'm just that kooky, I bought 2 gal, some quality Aloe regular flavor, and some Georges, tastes like water. I drank the other first, just a smal glass at first, then I eventually killed off the Georges, when done, I poured a glass of the bitter stuff and it was less bitter by far.

It was enuf for me to tell the Georges was doing it's job, so I finished off that gallon eventually too. All in all I've probably have drunk maybe 6gal or so. AND NO, it don't need any refrigeration.

I've drunk, 12 qts.Forever Young, 2gal-Aloe Rey, many qts of Lily of the Desert, 2gal or so Georges, and they all worked, no complaints, all over a period of time...the Forever young was 1st, then I just mixed and matched, still got an open Gal of Aloe Rey to finish off.

It's an old ayurvedic remedy. and it works....my opinion....

Old 06-18-2019, 06:28 PM

It tastes awful and I thought it was suppose to help my throat. I put a little in my smoothie this morning. Does anyone use Aloe Vera Juice for their throat?

Old 06-18-2019, 06:31 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
is this 100% without ANY extras added Aloe Vera?
if so, how (spoilage) and what brand is your choice?

Old 06-18-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
is this 100% without ANY extras added Aloe Vera?
if so, how (spoilage) and what brand is your choice?
It's Whole Foods brand, 365.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:34 AM

233 posts, read 155,441 times
Quote:
It tastes awful and I thought it was suppose to help my throat. I put a little in my smoothie this morning. Does anyone use Aloe Vera Juice for their throat?

If it tastes that bad, it's a sure sign you need it, yor liver is in need of it, it's not supposed to be like a smoothie, more like medicine.....

Old 06-19-2019, 05:47 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
I use Alo brand aloe juice. It's a bit pricey but not so much in bulk. It's flavored with a little juice and has aloe pulp in it.

Believe it or not, aloe juice was recommended to me by a surgeon who found and treated my gastric ulcers last year. He recommended it to help with gastric inflammation. I don't know if it helps, but I'm better and the juice goes down easy and tastes ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine