U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM
 
1,709 posts, read 724,583 times
Reputation: 1989

Advertisements

Anyone experienced this?
I am a 38yo M is pretty good health.
Recently tested 133 in blood sodium. My Dr. said it was borderline low range and had me test again with same result. He wants me to go back in 1 month to test. Historically my range has been 140.
I recently have been complaining to him of tiredness and feeling lethargic.
He doesn't seem to be overly concerned and said he was sure it was nothing to worry about.

of course the google rabbit hole brings me to you could be drinking too much water to having cancer or heart failure.

Anyone out there have experience with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2019, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,651 posts, read 8,227,438 times
Reputation: 15438
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Anyone experienced this?
I am a 38yo M is pretty good health.
Recently tested 133 in blood sodium. My Dr. said it was borderline low range and had me test again with same result. He wants me to go back in 1 month to test. Historically my range has been 140.
I recently have been complaining to him of tiredness and feeling lethargic.
He doesn't seem to be overly concerned and said he was sure it was nothing to worry about.

of course the google rabbit hole brings me to you could be drinking too much water to having cancer or heart failure.

Anyone out there have experience with this?
I just looked at my last labs and my sodium was 142 but also consider your potassium as these two need to be in balance...I eat some higher potassium foods and like to keep my potassium at the higher end of the range...I'm MUCH older than you and no issues that you mention.

Our bodies need sodium and potassium and an old friend used to pass out and when they took her to ER she was so depleted of these two as she was paranoid about sodium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
 
1,709 posts, read 724,583 times
Reputation: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just looked at my last labs and my sodium was 142 but also consider your potassium as these two need to be in balance...I eat some higher potassium foods and like to keep my potassium at the higher end of the range...I'm MUCH older than you and no issues that you mention.

Our bodies need sodium and potassium and an old friend used to pass out and when they took her to ER she was so depleted of these two as she was paranoid about sodium.
What does she do to regulate her sodium?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Southern California
23,651 posts, read 8,227,438 times
Reputation: 15438
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
What does she do to regulate her sodium?
She doesn't do anything, she's gone. We need to get our daily sodium and not overload but not deprive our bodies. A friend told me years ago that when we eat something extra salty to counteract that with a potassium tab which I've done for years now.

Are you fearful of sodium and avoid it too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
 
1,709 posts, read 724,583 times
Reputation: 1989
No. thats the problem. Haven't changed my diet whatsoever, And now I'm showing low sodium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Southern California
23,651 posts, read 8,227,438 times
Reputation: 15438
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
No. thats the problem. Haven't changed my diet whatsoever, And now I'm showing low sodium.
Maybe labs are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:56 PM
 
1,709 posts, read 724,583 times
Reputation: 1989
thats what the doc thought. We tested again, same result. Now he advises to test in a month. Said they weren't in the really low range to be alarmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 PM
 
5,221 posts, read 5,086,926 times
Reputation: 9729
Are you sure the "Star Trek" Salt Vampire didn't get you?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyponatremia - Low blood sodium ?-star-trek-man-trap-salt-vampire.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Southern California
23,651 posts, read 8,227,438 times
Reputation: 15438
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Are you sure the "Star Trek" Salt Vampire didn't get you?
I'd say very off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 02:46 PM
 
5,221 posts, read 5,086,926 times
Reputation: 9729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'd say very off topic.
Related by reference to low sodium levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top