Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:44 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
If you talk to the staff in some clinics, they will tell you that some doctors always run late. It's their style. It makes them feel important to be running around, rushing from patient to patient. Others keep a good handle on time management. Others have genuine reasons for being late, such as emergencies.

But in my view, most primary care docs are over scheduled, and it's nearly impossible to stay on schedule. it just takes one complicated patient to throw off the entire day's appointments. Appointments are scheduled in 15-20 minute slots usually, and there is always pressure "to fit in a more urgent situation" or whatever. Healthcare has become a grueling endeavor, for both the patient and the doctor in many cases.
I agree - I feel terrible for primary care doctors - they are forced to have patients scheduled at 15 min. intervals..... I miss the old days when you really felt like they could take care of you and didn't have to stick to 15 mins.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:17 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well the surgeon who did my hip job has about 10 or more who could be suing and I wonder if they have gone that route? And those are just the ones on a yelp so how many others, who knows. They can sue us but we can't sue them unless we are almost dead.

You can sue anyone that you want, no one is stopping you

Old 06-21-2019, 07:51 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You can sue anyone that you want, no one is stopping you
No you can't, a law firm will not take a case they can't win. As I said one must be close to dead or a lost limb or or or....there are some class action suits out there against parts mfgrs but I don't follow them.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:11 PM

480 posts, read 316,804 times
Incorrect. You don't need a lawyer to file suit against anyone for anything.
Now, I'm not saying it would be a good idea to do so, but it can be done pro se as the latin goes.

WINNING said lawsuit is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:16 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insulator_king View Post
Incorrect. You don't need a lawyer to file suit against anyone for anything.
Now, I'm not saying it would be a good idea to do so, but it can be done pro se as the latin goes.

WINNING said lawsuit is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
I would never consider a lawsuit of any kind without legal representation. Hard enough with legal aid.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:25 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Gotta tiptoe around all businesses, they just may decide to kick you to the curb.

Are medical-BUSINESSES any different, nope!

Old 06-22-2019, 08:23 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
Was it going to be her firsr appointment? It was going to my first but then I found another place close to my job. Now 4 years later they said they won't see me because I cancelled my new patient appointment. I called today and told them to explain it to me why and how it works so I can write it on thr negative review I will be writing about them. I am going to write what I was told. She said this is how it is for everyone who cancels their new patient appointment but if you are already a patient abd cancel appointments thaf you will still be seen. This idipt was actually laughing about it like they find it funny they are refusing to see me just because I cancelled an appiintment 4 years ago. Other than a negative review, is there anything else I can do? Can these idiots actually sue people for writing nrgativr reviews even if they are true? Weird place. I never experienced this before.
Yes, doctors can do this now. They're sure not hurting for business yet.

What site would you leave the review at? I've done google maps. How do they even know it's you if you're using a user name? Stick to the facts that you cancelled an appointment and how many days before the appointment you cancelled and that now, 4 years later you tried making an appointment to be told they won't see you due to cancelling the new patient appointment.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:39 AM

325 posts, read 207,721 times
I've had doctors refuse to give appointment because I wanted to pay cash.

I had a doctor refuse to give an appointment because the practice said I had an HMO (I had a PPO and VP of the medical system had to step in and tell the practice they were wrong. I told him I was no longer interested in appointment).

I've had doctors refuse because I could still file my insurance claim myself instead of letting them do it.

That's just a few examples. Yesterday I called to make an appointment with the dermatologist and was told the next available appointment was March 2021. Before then was NP only.

Healthcare knowledge is better, but healthCARE and access is getting worse...exponentially.
In some cases the problem is not the doctor, but their practice manager.

Last edited by CentralUSHomeowner; 06-22-2019 at 10:51 AM..

Old 06-22-2019, 12:03 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
I've seen some strict rules about cancellations in a dentist's office, but that's a private business with its own rules. They put it in writing at the first visit when you fill out paperwork, that if you don't cancel within a 24 hour timeframe twice, they won't continue to see you. But they state their policy up front. And they don't accept cancelations via email, only by calling and talking to a front desk staff person.

As far as doctor's offices or clinics, I've only seen policies such as: "Please provide us with 24- 48 hours for cancellations so we can accommodate other patients."

I've been on wait lists for cancellations in the past to get appointments sooner, so I always appreciate it when people cancel with some advance notice.
Doctors offices and clinics are private businesses.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:33 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,258,290 times
A doctor's office can refuse to see a patient for any number of reasons. We forget that seeing a doctor is not a right but a privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness