U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 AM

2,349 posts, read 1,074,758 times

Advertisements

Yes, after having blood drawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 11:48 AM

598 posts, read 991,128 times
I have, but I wasn't there as a patient. I faint when someone describes medical procedures in a medical setting. I'm completely fine watching them on tv shows, having them performed on me or someone near me, but the description triggers something in my brain that causes me to pass out. I warn doctors ahead of time now and take measures if I feel myself about to go.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:51 AM

3,961 posts, read 1,690,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I fainted after an endometrial biopsy. I felt like I couldn't breathe laying down, so I started to sit up, the room looked like it was all purple and green sparkles and that was it. My doctor said it was fairly common.
I think it is. I almost fainted after having an iud inserted. After the biopsy I almost fainted a full hour later after having lunch across the street from the clinic.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 PM

511 posts, read 631,117 times
I was getting stitches removed from my mouth after jaw surgery. I felt my left leg starting to twitch and then I was out cold. Not sure how long but the doctors were pretty shocked.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:51 PM

6,179 posts, read 2,852,918 times
1: when drawing blood.
2: when getting a shot.
3: when seeing my bill!
4: when having a severe panic attack.
5: when dehydrated and doc had just left the room.

I recall the whiffin salt ...it woke me up and I proceeded to bring up my lunch.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:42 PM

4,797 posts, read 1,980,636 times
I fainted once after giving blood. The time that I fainted in the doctor's office I was supposed to have my turbinates burned away. The nurse came into the doctor's office with a tray full of needles. The doctor himself was playing with the electrodes that he was going to use on me after the Novocaine took effect. I woke up on the floor with a rug rash on my nose and a headache. He had a fresh dent in his metal cabinet.

If I hit my head like I think that I did, you would think that the doctor would at least made sure that I was not concussed. Instead, he got me out of there as fast as he could.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:56 PM

58 posts, read 10,408 times
Yes, after getting a shot in the rear. My head started ringing. It was LOUD. CLANG ... CLANG ... CLANG. Luckily, I fell into a nearby chair. As I was coming to, I remember the doctor asking me if I was alright. He helped me onto the exam table and had me lay down for several minutes. He thought I was having an allergic reaction to the shot, but no. I was in my early 20s.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:48 PM

277 posts, read 149,516 times
Not quite, but almost. My OB was making me do one of those horrible stress tests and I had to lie flat on my back, without moving, for 20 minutes while 35 weeks pregnant. It was miserable. Then they didn't think baby was active enough so they had me drink a juice box and do it again. The next visit I straight up said no, I *just* came from an ultrasound which showed baby is just fine, I will not subject myself to that again.

I've gotten light-headed from low blood sugar a few other times, but the only time I've ever actually fainted was after giving blood once, when I hadn't eaten enough that day. Not an experience I wish to repeat.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:25 PM

9,352 posts, read 6,249,009 times
Years ago, during one of my many cardiac stress tests I had a reaction to whatever they ran through the Heparin port to clear it before the test.

I passed out

Next thing I remember is waking up on the floor with many doctors hovering over me

I smiled and said "what's up docs?" They all cracked up!

Hasen't happened since

Old 06-25-2019, 10:05 PM

6,607 posts, read 3,738,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
I remember I did once as a teenager a long time ago, I felt embarrassed....
Yes. But he caught me....I didn't hit the floor. I came to, when he caught me.

It was at the vet's office, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness