U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 09:01 AM

2,349 posts, read 1,073,565 times

Advertisements

PC. I have to go every 3 months for medication refills
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 09:14 AM

9,743 posts, read 7,022,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is a little more than just visiting a doctor. Hope all is well with you.
Guess it is, just a tad. But that was my last encounter ( three weeks ago today) with a doctor. Have had one pacer check and a couple of wound checks at the cardiology office since then, but those were with a nurse and pacer clinic technician not the
doc himself. Next doc visit is in two weeks.

All is very well. I'm feeling great, soooooo much better. Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 07-03-2019, 11:28 AM

31,599 posts, read 19,939,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is a little more than just visiting a doctor. Hope all is well with you.
Right?

She is now the Bionic Travelassie!!

I see my RA quarterly because of the meds I take, I think I now have to see Pain Mgmt quarterly for the meds I take...

I had some left side weakness in high heat, steep mountain climb, so I saw a cardiologist, got the all clear, and then a neurologist who is sending me for an MRI.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-03-2019, 11:51 AM

3,479 posts, read 1,908,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanJ44 View Post
None. I can't see any doctor because I don't have health insurance.
I do have health insurance, but also don't see a doctor.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:10 PM

7,568 posts, read 2,219,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanJ44 View Post
None. I can't see any doctor because I don't have health insurance.
The doctors around you refuse to take a patient without insurance?

Urgent care around me is $150 without insurance. It's double that if you have insurance.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:10 PM

23,644 posts, read 8,219,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
I do have health insurance, but also don't see a doctor.
I have Medicare which is wonderful when I need it, but don't love to camp out in doctor's offices and I know many do. I see it in personal friends who constantly go to docs and some of us love to avoid and be our own doc as much as we have learned "how to"..

Old 07-03-2019, 12:52 PM

19,824 posts, read 18,832,665 times
Yesterday for my allergy shot.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:44 PM

23,397 posts, read 28,234,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The doctors around you refuse to take a patient without insurance?

Urgent care around me is $150 without insurance. It's double that if you have insurance.
That would be unusual. The insurance company negotiates a lower rate for an urgent care center that is in network. The patient pays his copay, which is only part of the negotiated fee. The insurance company is billed the full fee but pays only the allowed amount minus the copay, which is patient responsibility.

If the urgent care is out of network or the patient has no insurance he will pay the full fee. Insured patients can file their own claims to get reimbursed for part of the cost of out of network care if their policy includes out of network coverage.

There cannot be one fee schedule for insured patients and another for uninsured patients.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:32 PM

3,537 posts, read 1,350,218 times
most recent: family doctor for pinkeye.

the prescription: i am a guy, and i have to use an eyelash curler.

story:
doctor says my version of pink eye is viral. no cure. it "goes away" on its own (it did).
but, she asks: "do you know one of your lashes curls up like it should, be the other curls down?"
well, no....so i looked in the mirror. yep. the right one. she said after the pink eye "goes away" it is
possible to re-infect because the virus lives on the eyelash for a while, and since it curls down, it raises
the potential of more pink eye. she said to buy my very own curler, and do NOT use my wife's because
it could contaminate her. this, along with the make-up i used to cover the skin cancer removal scabs
on my face (all fine, now), makes me wonder if should choose a shade of lipstick.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:43 PM

6,465 posts, read 4,063,729 times
Dentist. I never had my wisdom teeth removed, and one was causing me problems, so I had it extracted last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness