Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:11 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times

Advertisements

Freshlook Toric lens correct astigmatism. They'll cost much more than regular contact lens, just like bifocals will cost much more in eyeglasses. Vision Direct is charging $41/box for Freshlook Toric. 1-800-Contacts is charging $50/box for the same plus the $80 rebate from the manufacturer. You could've just taken your prescription to an optician like WalMart, ForEyes, or Costco, and they would've sold you the lenses for competitive prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM

626 posts, read 1,347,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNARD1 View Post
Please be careful with cheap lenses...
I have a cousin that wore "cheaper contact lenses" from Walmart and her Opthomalogist told her they were really bad for her eyes..

I'd recommend everyone see an Opthomalogist...Optometrist's aren't the same.

Every place you can order them from gets them from the same supplier... SO whether you buy them through Walmart, Costco, your eye doctor, or online... they are all coming from generally the same manufacturer.
example: CIBA vision produces 10 different "brands" of contacts but they all come back to CIBA
In all reality... allll contacts are bad for your eyes since youre really sticking something on the surface of your eye and its preventing oxygen from reaching that surface while they are there.

I personally found that my contacts are cheapest at Sams Club

Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNARD1 View Post
Please be careful with cheap lenses...
I have a cousin that wore "cheaper contact lenses" from Walmart and her Opthomalogist told her they were really bad for her eyes..

I'd recommend everyone see an Opthomalogist...Optometrist's aren't the same.
I'd bet her prescription wasn't written for those "cheaper contact lenses" either. AFAIK that's prescription tampering and should be against the law. If your prescription is written for Acuvue2 you will get the same Acuvue2 at Walmart as you will at Lenscrafters or another vendor. The difference is only in Walmart's price, not the product.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,326 times
I use to shop at 1800 contacts for many years until a friend told me about [url=http://www.ContactsAreUs.com]ContactsAreUs[/url]. They carry all Acuvue brand lenses for the lowest prices online and they offer free shipping. Try them out and you will will not regret. I get the most for my buck every time I shop there. The website is very easy to use and all my friends shop there.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:13 AM

21 posts, read 19,207 times
I just compare prices on my brand from all stores. This price comparison works good for me - it compares prices with all shipping/handling fees and discount codes.

For an eye exam a good option is Costco - an exam for contacts nearly $65. Walmart nearly $100 as I know.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
My husband just started wearing contact lenses a year ago, and his optometrist ordered a year's supply of lenses for him then. So now my husband needs to order more, but we're not sure if we should order them through the optometrist again or if someplace like 1-800-CONTACTS would be cheaper. On the 1-800-CONTACTS website a year's supply is $400 ...do optometrists get some kind of price cut that websites don't? Or does anyone know of a better website than that one?
Try [url=http://www.fromereye.com/]Ophthalmology Manhattan | New York City (NYC)[/url]. I use them for a long time and like both cost and quality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness