U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:22 PM

33 posts, read 19,913 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your replies but I need to also mention (I dont know why I didn't mention it yet) that I also had a (successful) reversal 4 years after the vasectomy (vasectomy 15 years ago) which did not return my sexual functioning to normal as before the vasectomy. So I dont think its about the testosterone levels changing after a vasectomy since it was reversed. My functioning never returned to the same as before both surgeries, it remained permanently reduced by over 60% ever since the first surgery and continued on after reversal to today. Actually seems a little worse today since im getting older. I believe its due to the whatever cut(s) that resulted in the damage.

It is still very possible and likely that my urologist made no mistakes and only cut the vas deferens that affected me in this way, not because of a testosterone level change, maby due to nerve or muscle damage of that right vas that bled for 25 min.(unless im wrong...maby he caused nerve or other damage elsewhere???). I wish science would find me the true answer.

Other question, is it normal for a vas deferens to bleed for 25 minutes that needed continued cauterization in order to eventually fully make it stop bleeding while my other vas didnt bleed at all after it was cut? Funny, I go to youtube and all the cuts to the vas videos shows a quick easy cut either no blood at all or a tiny 1 little drop only and its tied. Not in my case.

Last edited by domic; 07-10-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM

When my urologist made the first incision into the scot*m, he cut quite high in the scrot*m, the cut was so high that it was at the lower shaft of penis. the reason for this was to avoid damage to my left testicle since its quite high in my scrot*m due to hernia at birth. By cutting into the lower shaft/upper scrot*m(it always felt and still feels something is cut there like an ache- I actually feel it now as I type this), any chance nerve damage occurred to penis reducing my sexual function or was it something else? (I know no one can know the answer what was done to me but the question is really what can be cut at lower shaft of penis to cause a reduction to ones sexual functioning if anyone out there may know or finds someone who may know).

The repeated advice I received here on this thread was to see another doctor. I fear that another doctor will fail to find out exactly what was cut because he will not use the proper technology to find out exactly and all what was cut, including to view every intricate detail with a medical instrument (WITHOUT SURGERY THAT IS) or other means in clear sight of the incision site and inside of my scrot*m or penis.(without an incision or without surgery-please not another surgery there). He will not take the proper measures to find out for a fact what was cut just like the other 3 doctors I saw. I remember one doctor I saw, all he did was take a look and feel at it with his hands and all he said was, "I don't see or feel anything wrong". Yep, that was his professional conduct as a doctor. I actually saw 4 doctors in total including my urologist.

My biggest upset other than the results of my vasectomy of course, is that the 4 doctors I saw completely ignored the fact that my sexual functioning was greatly reduced after the vasectomy, they only focused on the fact that I needed to stop having sex for 2 to 4 weeks to completely heal the vasectomy. They didn't at all take my extreme sexual loss serious enough when in my opinion theres nothing worse than enduring such a loss for the rest of one's life except for total castration. There should of been a major investigation into the matter and my urologist but there wasn't, as if a man's sexual functioning is not important enough when in reality every man's sexual functioning is as equally important as a woman's, it is for pleasure.

Last edited by domic; Yesterday at 06:06 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM

641 posts, read 1,376,443 times
Get your testosterone levels checked. Also possibly some therapy for anxiety (you worrying about the bleeding and possible problems, could actually be the problem). Consider your age--you aren't as young as you were when you had the procedure--things change. Relax.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

7,581 posts, read 2,226,914 times
There are risks with every medical procedure and every medication.

They are downplayed as if they do not exist. Until it happens. And then the patient is told there was *nothing* done/prescribed wrongly. To admit fault = lawsuit.

Medical care in the USA.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

6,584 posts, read 2,369,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
When my urologist made the first incision into the scot*m, he cut quite high in the scrot*m, the cut was so high that it was at the lower shaft of penis. the reason for this was to avoid damage to my left testicle since its quite high in my scrot*m due to hernia at birth. By cutting into the lower shaft/upper scrot*m(it always felt and still feels something is cut there like an ache- I actually feel it now as I type this), any chance nerve damage occurred to penis reducing my sexual function or was it something else? (I know no one can know the answer what was done to me but the question is really what can be cut at lower shaft of penis to cause a reduction to ones sexual functioning if anyone out there may know or finds someone who may know).

The repeated advice I received here on this thread was to see another doctor. I fear that another doctor will fail to find out exactly what was cut because he will not use the proper technology to find out exactly and all what was cut, including to view every intricate detail with a medical instrument (WITHOUT SURGERY THAT IS) or other means in clear sight of the incision site and inside of my scrot*m or penis.(without an incision or without surgery-please not another surgery there). He will not take the proper measures to find out for a fact what was cut just like the other 3 doctors I saw. I remember one doctor I saw, all he did was take a look and feel at it with his hands and all he said was, "I don't see or feel anything wrong". Yep, that was his professional conduct as a doctor. I actually saw 4 doctors in total including my urologist.

My biggest upset other than the results of my vasectomy of course, is that the 4 doctors I saw completely ignored the fact that my sexual functioning was greatly reduced after the vasectomy, they only focused on the fact that I needed to stop having sex for 2 to 4 weeks to completely heal the vasectomy. They didn't at all take my extreme sexual loss serious enough when in my opinion theres nothing worse than enduring such a loss for the rest of one's life except for total castration. There should of been a major investigation into the matter and my urologist but there wasn't, as if a man's sexual functioning is not important enough when in reality every man's sexual functioning is as equally important as a woman's, it is for pleasure.

Soooo...you'd rather take advice from a bunch of random people on a forum...all who've told you to see another doctor...than to actually go to another doctor. That's weird.

Do you WANT to get better? Seems like, to me, there's no chance of that, UNLESS you go see a doctor.

Also sir...your vasectomy was 15 yrs ago. I have no idea how old you were then, or now...but testosterone levels can drop significantly by the age of 30. 15 yrs later, at 45? Very likely.

BUT you'll never know for sure what happened, or what can be done about it, until you see a doctor.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Soooo...you'd rather take advice from a bunch of random people on a forum...all who've told you to see another doctor...than to actually go to another doctor. That's weird.

Do you WANT to get better? Seems like, to me, there's no chance of that, UNLESS you go see a doctor.

Also sir...your vasectomy was 15 yrs ago. I have no idea how old you were then, or now...but testosterone levels can drop significantly by the age of 30. 15 yrs later, at 45? Very likely.

BUT you'll never know for sure what happened, or what can be done about it, until you see a doctor.
Thanks for advice but I had the vasectomy 15 years ago at age 32, and the reduction of my sexual functioning occurred when I first tried 4 days after the vasectomy and the reduction remained permanent after that(including after my reversal). 1 week before the most cruelest of cuts my sexual functioning was 4 to 6 times a week, 1 week after the most cruelest of cuts it was reduced to twice a week and even at that my erections were over exerted as if I was suppose to wait even longer for a sexual release of some kind(I dont even care for intercourse to be honest-I got a vasectomy because a doctor said no possible difference after).

I feel the new doctor will not find out what exactly happened to me as the other 4 failed because they are not looking within that area IN FULL DETAIL to discover what exactly was cut. But there is no way I will accept a surgery to allow a doctor to examine the inside of that area. Maby the most advance MRI in the world.

I think it should be required that every single surgery be RECORDED on a disc for the patient to take home. That way there would be solid prove and the patient will be assured that the surgery went perfectly well and that is was not botched or messed up in any way.

Last edited by domic; Yesterday at 12:10 PM..

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

2,562 posts, read 955,781 times
Here is a good article on ED, and vasectomies from Baylor College of Medicine, Dept of Urology that may help you.

https://www.larrylipshultz.com/blog/...lead-to-145140

Aside from this I would strongly urge you to get your T levels checked like I, and others have suggested. It's obvious that you are reluctant to do that, but there is no shame in having low levels of T, especially as we age. Men experience Andropause as they get older. It's just the way it is. At least after testing you will know if that is causing your erectile dysfunction (ED), or not. If your levels are low, they can be treated. It would be a long term treatment, but it works, and you could get your life back.

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

10,688 posts, read 21,352,339 times
Quote:
This problem occurred due to the cut and its not because "something else is wrong" because I didnt have that "something else" problem before the cut.

Its not possible that the sexual reduction that occurred permanently after my vasectomy is in my mind because its physical. Before my vasectomy I was able to bring my sexual functioning to full or even overly extent, whatever physical (not mental), physical damage that has occurred has greatly prevented me to return my functioning as before, yet the doctors I saw did not acknowledge this or treat it serious enough.

If I do see another doctor I fear he will not know the answer to my question im asking here, (actually one of the doctors I did ask said, "theres nothing there a doctor can cut to cause such a reduction to your sexual functioning."), or if I see another doctor he will not take the proper measures to find out what exactly happened to me just like what the other 3 doctors did before, or they will blame I need to stop having sex for 2 to 4 weeks to allow the vasectomy to fully heal.

They need to take a look inside my body to find out what was cut. Do they do that??? Maby I should go to a major men's sexual clinic, maby they can find out??

BUT internet can be a great place to ask this question if someone may know or knows a doctor who can answer it, or if there is a forum of doctors. I will rephrase the question-

If ANY MAN (not just me), if any man gets a vasectomy, what can be cut other than the vas deferens (near or not so near the vas, testicles or penis) to greatly decrease his sexual capability and cause the cut to bleed for around 20 to 25 minutes? (is there a nerve or vein related to erections that if cut would cause this?).

I actually know that there is a certain nerve near penis that if cut it will stop a man from having erections. I still can have erections but a 60% reduction occurred, was some of that nerve cut? The physical (not mental), physical damage has prevented me to return my sexual functioning to normal as before the cut(s), yet the doctors and medical system here in Canada failed me and did not at all treat it seriously enough. They ignored the fact that there was an extreme reduction and only told me to stop having sex for 2 to 4 weeks to fully allow the vasectomy to heal, although they did give me an MRI that revealed nothing wrong.
I think you're a rare case of a vas doing damage to a person. I wouldn't be surprised that the Dr botched your nerves, that's what it sounds like to me. I think the suggestion to find a forum especially for vas issues is the best advice because then you can ask what other men have found out. I think medical technology has not advanced enough to actually see what damage the doctor did to you.

My suggestion would be go to a large university hospital like in New York or Philly; do research on who the best urologist is at them, then see them. Also have your GP test your testosterone for now because now that you're older it's probably lower.

A fact is that as men and women age their drives can go down. It could happen to you.

Why did you have the vas reversed? I sure wouldn't let another doctor near my private parts after a botched surgery

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

9,374 posts, read 6,257,903 times
Quote:
Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning. To put a long story short, during the vasectomy when he cut my left vas deferens (if in fact that was a vas deferens) the bleeding lasted for 25 minutes. He kept on cauterising the cut with a heated instrument and liquid over and over and over again for the full 25 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding. His exact words while he was doing this was, "I cannot tie the vas until it completely stops bleeding". It eventually stopped bleeding and he was able to tie it. When he cut my right vas deferens it didn't bleed at all and he was able to tie it immediately. QU- Why did my left vas (if in fact it was a vas that he cut) bled for 25 minutes but there was no bleeding at all when he cut my right vas? Anyone have an idea or may know what he could of cut to cause it to bleed for 25 minutes? If it wasn't a vas deferens that he cut to cause that bleeding, what could of he have cut to cause it? The reason why I ask all of this is because to my horror, my sexual functioning or capability permanently decreased after vasectomy over 60% less ever since then.

Questions: 1) Why are you asking a web forum instead of doctor?

2) And, why years later????????????????????????

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

955 posts, read 222,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Questions: 1) Why are you asking a web forum instead of doctor?

2) And, why years later????????????????????????

Under health & wellness too.....it's not the right audience & ita he needs to be talking to a doctor or a therapist (years ago)....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness