U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 04:45 PM

18,504 posts, read 20,309,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning. To put a long story short, during the vasectomy when he cut my left vas deferens (if in fact that was a vas deferens) the bleeding lasted for 25 minutes. He kept on cauterising the cut with a heated instrument and liquid over and over and over again for the full 25 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding. His exact words while he was doing this was, "I cannot tie the vas until it completely stops bleeding". It eventually stopped bleeding and he was able to tie it. When he cut my right vas deferens it didn't bleed at all and he was able to tie it immediately. QU- Why did my left vas (if in fact it was a vas that he cut) bled for 25 minutes but there was no bleeding at all when he cut my right vas? Anyone have an idea or may know what he could of cut to cause it to bleed for 25 minutes? If it wasn't a vas deferens that he cut to cause that bleeding, what could of he have cut to cause it? The reason why I ask all of this is because to my horror, my sexual functioning or capability permanently decreased after vasectomy over 60% less ever since then.
Sex drive or the physical readiness of having sex. I.e. penis hardening?

He could of cut a vein that supplies blood to the penis shaft. I would go see a different doctor. My BIL has a vasectomy and he said after a few days he was back in the saddle.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,319,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Fibroids & the heavy bleeding that is a symptom of them are not related to a tubal. A dangerously low hemoglobin count is common with the heavy bleeding from myomas....but a doctor would want to be sure that is the cause........did you have a hysterectomy?

Tubals are studied ....to see if they remain effective too.... & if someone had a hysterectomy, they can't get pregnant anyway. Ask questions, know your body, do your research & consult a couple of different doctors. Doctors today don't want to perform them as often as they did before....if for no other reason because of insurance purposes. It's not the *standard* of treatment it used to be. When they are....they rarely remove the ovaries unless they have to...like in ovarian cancer. Resectioning a colon or a hysterectomy are major surgeries that ofc have risks...but they can be life saving.

Ita, tho....about elective surgeries.
Hell no I didn’t have the hysterectomy! I had enough of their Great Ideas.

Instead, I had the tubal reversed, nine units of blood transfused & a couple myomectomies to correct the damage done & I’m now fine, save some residual microcytic anemia (that’s a bit difficult as I live at 7,000 ft elevation).

I no longer have heavy bleeding & the other, awful symptoms have resolved.

Here’s the thing. I stated that the CREST study removed women whose bleeding resulted in hysterectomies... from the study of bleeding risk after tubals.

Obviously, the women couldn’t be followed anymore after a hysterectomy but a hysterectomy done for bleeding after a tubal ... needs to count as a ‘yes; increased bleeding’. Not a ‘one less participant’.

This affected the relative risk rate to the point where post-ligation bleeding risk was thought to be ‘non-statistically significant’.

Do you know what med students are taught about non-statistically significant risks? Nothing. That would be counter-intuitive. Nobody has time for that. So you can consult 50, 100, 1,000+ providers & ‘do your homework’ but you won’t be educated about a risk that your providers were never educated about. It will not be on a consent form. It doesn’t exist.

Except that in this case; yes it does.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:27 AM

1,130 posts, read 257,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Hell no I didn’t have the hysterectomy! I had enough of their Great Ideas.

Instead, I had the tubal reversed, nine units of blood transfused & a couple myomectomies to correct the damage done & I’m now fine, save some residual microcytic anemia (that’s a bit difficult as I live at 7,000 ft elevation).

I no longer have heavy bleeding & the other, awful symptoms have resolved.

Here’s the thing. I stated that the CREST study removed women whose bleeding resulted in hysterectomies... from the study of bleeding risk after tubals.

Obviously, the women couldn’t be followed anymore after a hysterectomy but a hysterectomy done for bleeding after a tubal ... needs to count as a ‘yes; increased bleeding’. Not a ‘one less participant’.

This affected the relative risk rate to the point where post-ligation bleeding risk was thought to be ‘non-statistically significant’.

Do you know what med students are taught about non-statistically significant risks? Nothing. That would be counter-intuitive. Nobody has time for that. So you can consult 50, 100, 1,000+ providers & ‘do your homework’ but you won’t be educated about a risk that your providers were never educated about. It will not be on a consent form. It doesn’t exist.

Except that in this case; yes it does.
A tubal doesn't cause endometrial bleeding......myomas do, tho. So if you had a myomectomy, that was the source of your bleeding. Myomas are tumors in your uterus & they don't have anything to do with a tubal. If you had them, you would have gotten them whether you had a tubal or not. Removing myomas would stop the bleeding because they are no longer embedded in your uterus wall....totally unrelated to a tubal.

Risks are part of any procedure or surgery.....and it is always outlined in a consent form for you, even if you didn't understand or didn't ask the doctor or nurse questions...before your surgery. Ita you have to work with your doctor & team for best possible care....many people don't understand enough. I work in a Cardiac Cath Lab & I'm one of the people responsible for obtaining consent signatures & going over the procedure & what to expect after it's finished.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:00 AM

38 posts, read 22,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Sex drive or the physical readiness of having sex. I.e. penis hardening?

He could of cut a vein that supplies blood to the penis shaft. I would go see a different doctor. My BIL has a vasectomy and he said after a few days he was back in the saddle.
Thanks for reply. He did cut quite high in the scrot*m/lower shaft that I still get a very slight ache there from time to time (maby that cut so high there has caused my reduction? did he cut into my penis?), although the 25 min of bleeding did not occur at that exact time, it occurred after he clamped my left vas deferens (which took him a while, he had me turn to the side as he twisted the vas for that method of preventing sperm from traveling) and made the cut. The question is, was it just the vas that he cut that caused the excessive bleeding (its possible) or a vein or something else? Others who got a vasectomy was back to normal in days, there was a permanent reduction in my case. Maby I should see another doctor or better yet a major men's sexual clinic to find out what exactly happened to me during my vasectomy IF thats possible(?).

Last edited by domic; 07-23-2019 at 09:30 AM..

Old 07-23-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It is the same thing for ablutions. The Essure mentioned above was taken off the market at the end of last year due to safety complaints. Women also suffer from low or no libido even from taking birth control.
Quote:
A hysterectomy is surgery.....If it's a complete hysterectomy & the ovaries (& hormones) are removed, ofc it is going to do a number on a woman's body. What's even worse is that many hysterectomies were performed in the past that really didn't need to be performed.....
It is true, a woman actually told me that after her hysterectomy she was no longer as w*t as before, she became more dr*. Doctors are failing to disclose ALL reports what men and women have reported, not all reports are good, this is where I believe doctors and hospitals are guilty for failing to warn men and women about ALL the reports after such surgeries. There is a law stating they MUST include all possible risks in such surgeries instead of not giving a care about it. Its our lives at their hands that can be ruined. Then the question is why isn't it required by law for any and all surgeries to be recorded on disc from start to finish? It shouldn't be expensive to do so, 1 camera angle close up of the surgery site. If any doctor or hospital throws a "it wil cost thousands" to record on disc, such doctors or hospitals should not be allowed by law to practice as a doctor or hospital. They need to cut down on their prices on everything they charge BIG TIME. They over charge (the government or healthcare or public) to the point it seems they have become corrupted because they have the unrightful power. THEY are working for US, WE are their boss, THEY are not our boss. Health care is as important as food and water for our bodies and minds, grocery stores offer low prices because its essential for our survival and living, and so should hospitals and doctors in all their services to us. They need to change BIG TIME.

Last edited by domic; 07-23-2019 at 10:23 AM..

Old 07-23-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
The answer to one of your questions is - there was nothing else in there that was cut that could have affected your performance. You stated that the first side done was higher than the second, and wondered why all the bleeding occurred. Unexpected bleeding can occur in any incision. This is usually not serious. Blood vessel placement and cutting more deeply into tissue up closer to the body are both factors.
Thanks for the reply. Likely it was a normal vasectomy that affected me in that way, like it does to other men, some no where near as bad, some even worse, while most no difference at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Worst mistake of my life getting a vasectomy over 20 years ago. Permanently damaged my ability to get an erection, and I still can't function right. Doctor refused to do anything to help beyond giving me antibiotics to clear up the infection. I also went to a urologist afterwards, and he refused to do anything since he didn't do the original surgery.

The doctor who did the vasectomy caused a massive infection on the right side, as well as incisional hernias on BOTH sides! The right side strangulated about 5 years afterwards, and was repaired with open surgery and mesh. I now have permanent dull nerve pain there. Oh, during the surgery they discovered that the original doctor had sewed my right testicle to the side of my sack, in the crease area. So that explained the "feeling like a crushed testicle" pain I had for years.

I just had the left side repaired 2 weeks ago with laparoscopic surgery and mesh, and am recovering now. Laparoscopic surgery is much better than open surgery, believe me. Still have some time to go for recovery, but it's getting better.

I wish I had NEVER had that vasectomy. Oh, and it was an HMO doctor in Michigan, and I was not allowed to sue due to Michigan's government protecting them.

This can be a life-changing (ending) surgery, and there are many horror stories on the web of bad results.
There are many horror stories after a vasectomy and hysterectomy, yet doctors say "no possible difference in sexual functioning after surgery". And you're right you can't sue them because they are protected by the government when WE should be the ones that should be protected because its OUR BODIES they are cutting. I notice on rate your md, a man left a review who had a vasectomy from the same doctor as mine, and he mentioned hes very dissapointed because its been 6 months and his erections are not the same. Common sense, any cutting into the genitalia area due to surgery is never a good idea because it causes permanent damage to tissues, nerves, muscles and veins. Such surgeries need to be banned.

Last edited by domic; 07-23-2019 at 10:56 AM..

Old 07-23-2019, 09:42 PM

1,130 posts, read 257,832 times
Quote:
It is true, a woman actually told me that after her hysterectomy she was no longer as w*t as before, she became more dr*.
Having ovaries removed with a hysterectomy would cause it....because of the hormonal change & surgical menopause.....

It is up to the patient to ask questions & read all risks & what to expect if you don't understand, before you sign the consent....

I see people all the time who glance over it in 3 seconds & sign. There is no way they read it all & then they say afterward no one told them about a side effect or a risk....

Old 07-24-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Having ovaries removed with a hysterectomy would cause it....because of the hormonal change & surgical menopause.....

It is up to the patient to ask questions & read all risks & what to expect if you don't understand, before you sign the consent....

I see people all the time who glance over it in 3 seconds & sign. There is no way they read it all & then they say afterward no one told them about a side effect or a risk....
I did ask my urologist questions before I got the vasectomy. I asked him will a vasectomy cause any possible difference to a man's sexual functioning no matter how many times a man functions, even if a man over does it sexually, (I told him I always bring it to full extent and sometimes I over do it), will a vasectomy cause any possible difference? He said "a vasectomy will cause no possible difference to a man's sexual functioning". The way he talked about it, he made it sound like a vasectomy was no different than getting a paper cut on the arm.

Had he or the hospital know of reports from men who did notice a sexual difference after vasectomy such as reaching ejaculation quicker than before, orgasm is not as intense, cannot get an erection a second time whereas before was able, cannot bring it to full or overly extent as before, the money SHOT is not there anymore, erection is weaker, painful erections, etc, (these reports are all an indication of a reduction to a mans's sexual capabilities and are stated on the internet by men themselves which I failed to research before vasectomy), then my doctor and hospital would be guilty of a crime and I say a crime because it is required by law for them to disclose all possible risks resulting from a surgery.

You know I only got a vasectomy based on what my urologist told me, I never got it for intercourse since I rather not do it (there are so many other ways, and maby very partially is good), yet im quite saddened not only I had to deal with the extreme loss the vasectomy has caused me (the life I loved at 32 was taking away from me for a lifetime), as well as me aging since then, even mother nature has it in for us guys that from age lets say 40 to 60, ESPECIALLY 60 to 80, we lose it at a far greater and quicker rate than women. Where is the equality? How unfair that is. A stick it to us men thats for sure from the doctors and hospitals who failed to warn us of all the possible risks and who allow vasectomies in the first place and from mother nature herself.

Last edited by domic; 07-24-2019 at 06:09 AM..

Old 07-24-2019, 05:10 AM

4,061 posts, read 1,731,652 times
Quote:
I did ask my urologist questions before I got the vasectomy. I asked him will a vasectomy cause any possible difference to a man's sexually functioning no matter how many times a man functions, even if a man over does it sexually, will a vasectomy cause any possible difference? He said "a vasectomy will cause no possible difference to a man's sexual functioning".

Had he or the hospital know of reports from men who did notice a difference such as quicker ejaculations, orgasm is not as intense, cannot get an erection a second time whereas before vasectomy was able, the money SHOT is not there anymore, etc, (these reports are all signs of a reduction to a mans's sexual capabilities and are stated on the internet which I failed to research before vasectomy), then my doctor and hospital would be guilty of a crime and I say a crime because it is required by law for them to disclose all possible risks resulting from a surgery.

You know I only got a vasectomy based on what my urologist told me, I never got it for intercourse since I rather not do it (there are so many other ways, and maby partially is good), yet im quite saddened not only I had to deal with the extreme loss the vasectomy has caused me, as well as me aging, even mother nature has it in for us guys that from age lets say 40 to 60, ESPECIALLY 60 to 80, we lose it at a far greater and quicker rate than women. Where is the equality? How unfair that is. A stick it to us men thats for sure from the doctors and hospitals who failed to warn us of all the possible risks and who allow vasectomies in the first place and from mother nature herself.
Um, something like 40% of women experience vaginal dryness and atrophy after menopause, which can actually cause pain. It usually happens before age 60. I don’t know what you are talking about. You seem to have no idea what women go through, especially women who have early oophorectomies who end up going through menopause in their 20s, 30s, and early 40s.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Um, something like 40% of women experience vaginal dryness and atrophy after menopause, which can actually cause pain. It usually happens before age 60. I don’t know what you are talking about. You seem to have no idea what women go through, especially women who have early oophorectomies who end up going through menopause in their 20s, 30s, and early 40s.
There seems to be different reports from women, some say they reach their sexual peak (that has nothing to do with intercourse) at age 30, 40 or 50, and some say theyre still having orgasms daily at 80. Is this true? You would have to count them to find out the exact difference between men and women. From age 30 to 60, then from age 61 to 99, how many orgasms women are having compared to men of same age. I bet they are having way way way more. How unfair that is to us men.

Although I do understand as women age, (past 60), compared to when they were 20, they actually do reach O a little quicker than before, are in fact dryer, or are not having as many orgasms as they were able to at the young age of 20. (if this is true??).

Last edited by domic; 07-24-2019 at 05:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness