U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 03:38 PM

5,569 posts, read 3,006,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Doctors underplay every risk. I would guess at least half the time they don't explain them.

Consumer beware of ANY and ALL procedures and medicine. It's your body that's affected, not the doctor's.
^ I disagree completely. Most patients feel it won't happened to them. My son had some pretty serious surgeries--I was well aware of the risks. I was well aware of the consent form I had to sign.

Reading is fundamental. Read the content form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 02:28 AM

5,569 posts, read 3,006,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post

Reading is fundamental. Read the content form.
oops---meant consent form!

Old 09-06-2019, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 896 times
Im 54 and havnt seen my monthly in almost 3 years was spotting the other day it was very very light and my husband had a vasectomy a few years ago he was cut and burned not cut and tied my question is can we still get pregnant?

Old Today, 08:44 AM

1 posts
domic,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad outcome from your vasectomy. As you say, this is much more common than most people realize. Doctors should be very up front and say that yes, some men do not function as well sexually after their vasectomy.

I collect stories like this and post them to [url]www.reddit.com/r/postvasectomypain[/url]. There are hundreds of stories there, many sound exactly like your story.

Old Today, 01:03 PM

10,990 posts, read 21,627,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan_fischer View Post
domic,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad outcome from your vasectomy. As you say, this is much more common than most people realize. Doctors should be very up front and say that yes, some men do not function as well sexually after their vasectomy.

I collect stories like this and post them to www.reddit.com/r/postvasectomypain. There are hundreds of stories there, many sound exactly like your story.
Post vasectomy pain direct link. Looks like the OP isn't the only one.

Old Today, 03:09 PM

9,801 posts, read 6,471,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning.

OP posted something that occurred "years ago" Please tell me why this is relevant today?

There are risks (and benefits) for any medical procedure (that's why doctors rely on INFORMED CONCENT.

For elective surgery, you have two things that you can do: accept the risk and have the surgery, or don't!

This is also true for non elective surgeries, but the consequences are on you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness