Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 01:37 PM

98 posts, read 89,834 times

Advertisements

Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning. To put a long story short, during the vasectomy when he cut my left vas deferens (if in fact that was a vas deferens) the bleeding lasted for 25 minutes. He kept on cauterising the cut with a heated instrument and liquid over and over and over again for the full 25 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding. His exact words while he was doing this was, "I cannot tie the vas until it completely stops bleeding". It eventually stopped bleeding and he was able to tie it. When he cut my right vas deferens it didn't bleed at all and he was able to tie it immediately. QU- Why did my left vas (if in fact it was a vas that he cut) bled for 25 minutes but there was no bleeding at all when he cut my right vas? Anyone have an idea or may know what he could of cut to cause it to bleed for 25 minutes? If it wasn't a vas deferens that he cut to cause that bleeding, what could of he have cut to cause it? The reason why I ask all of this is because to my horror, my sexual functioning or capability permanently decreased after vasectomy over 60% less ever since then.

Last edited by domic; 07-10-2019 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 02:14 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,707,980 times
Sorry that happened to you. If it were me I'd go to another urologist not associated with the one who did the surgery and try to get some answers and see if there is anything that can be done to help the situation.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:38 PM

7,982 posts, read 10,319,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Sorry that happened to you. If it were me I'd go to another urologist not associated with the one who did the surgery and try to get some answers and see if there is anything that can be done to help the situation.
This. Get another doctor to check it out. My DH had a vasectomy about 10 years ago. It was a super easy procedure, no bleeding, and no change in sexual function.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
This. Get another doctor to check it out. My DH had a vasectomy about 10 years ago. It was a super easy procedure, no bleeding, and no change in sexual function.
Including my urologist, I saw 3 doctors and they all said the same thing after I explained my problem. I explained that before the vasectomy I was able to function 4 to 6 times per week, after the vasectomy I was worn out sexually even at twice a week and there was no way I could bring it back to normal again at 4 to 6 times a week because it would really hurt. They all said I need to allow the vasectomy to heal and not have sex for 2 or more weeks and they completely ignored the fact that my sexual functioning was greatly reduced as if it wasn't important. I did allow it to heal but nothing has changed over the years. I asked my urologist why did it bleed so much on the one side but not at all on the other, he said "I don't know". Another doctor said "bleeding can occur during a vasectomy". I got an MRI 3 years after the vasectomy that revealed nothing was wrong.

This is why I really want an answer as to what the doctor could of cut to cause such bleeding that would result in this sexual reduction. Whether he accidently cut it or in the extreme rare occasion intentionally. At twice a week my erections also have a burning sensation which is NOT an affection as tests revealed, but an indication that im sexually tired. What could of he cut (other than the vas) that would reduce a man's sexual functioning or affect his erections?

Maby I should get the most advance MRI in the world to find out???

Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning. To put a long story short, during the vasectomy when he cut my left vas deferens (if in fact that was a vas deferens) the bleeding lasted for 25 minutes. He kept on cauterising the cut with a heated instrument and liquid over and over and over again for the full 25 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding. His exact words while he was doing this was, "I cannot tie the vas until it completely stops bleeding". It eventually stopped bleeding and he was able to tie it. When he cut my right vas deferens it didn't bleed at all and he was able to tie it immediately. QU- Why did my left vas (if in fact it was a vas that he cut) bled for 25 minutes but there was no bleeding at all when he cut my right vas? Anyone have an idea or may know what he could of cut to cause it to bleed for 25 minutes? If it wasn't a vas deferens that he cut to cause that bleeding, what could of he have cut to cause it? The reason why I ask all of this is because to my horror, my sexual functioning or capability permanently decreased after vasectomy over 60% less ever since then.
Vasectomies are considered *very* safe ....& are very common. Most men have *more* sex because they are not worried anymore about accidentally getting us pregnant anymore. BUT if you are unhappy or you believe there was a problem, consult with another urologist......

I am sry for you & it is very unusual, but I'm wondering if my Bf will now be afraid to have one....maybe he will change his mind, Lol!

Old 07-10-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Vasectomies are considered *very* safe ....& are very common. Most men have *more* sex because they are not worried anymore about accidentally getting us pregnant anymore. BUT if you are unhappy or you believe there was a problem, consult with another urologist......

I am sry for you & it is very unusual, but I'm wondering if my Bf will now be afraid to have one....maybe he will change his mind, Lol!
Apart from my "worse nightmare possible" after a vasectomy, alot of men all over internet/youtube report they did notice a sexual difference, examples, their O is not as intense as before the surgery, they cannot a second time whereas before the surgery they were able, its quicker than before, etc. These are all signs of a sexual loss or reduction due to whatever damage occurred, maby the results differs per guy? for most theres no difference, for some theres a little difference, while for others its worse or way worse.

Heres a youtube video where doctors are finally admitting that some men reported their O is not as intense as before. This is due to whatever damage has occurred to the vas deferens that are made up of nerves and muscles. Youtube-"Sex after a vasectomy" https://youtu.be/DBLkxRAyKTA

In my case the results couldn't be worse, that is why I must have this question answered and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. What could my urologist have cut to cause the 25 min bleeding and an extreme 60+% reduction to my sexual functioning? Really, my life has been ruined ever since then. My urologist informed me he only cut the vas, is this true??

Last edited by domic; 07-10-2019 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: D

Old 07-10-2019, 06:41 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Apart from my "worse nightmare possible" after a vasectomy, alot of men all over internet/youtube report they did notice a sexual difference, examples, their O is not as intense as before the surgery, they cannot a second time whereas before the surgery they were able, its quicker than before, etc. These are all signs of a sexual loss or reduction due to whatever damage occurred, maby the results differs per guy? for some theres no difference for others its a nightmare.

Heres a youtube video where doctors are finally admitting that some men reported their O is not as intense as before. This is due to whatever damage has occurred to the vas deferens that are made up of nerves and muscles. Youtube-"Sex after a vasectomy" https://youtu.be/DBLkxRAyKTA

In my case the results couldn't be worse, that is why I must have this question answered and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. What could my urologist have cut to cause the 25 min bleeding and a great 60+% reduction to my sexual functioning? Really, my life has been ruined ever since then.
The vas deferens is cut & sealed in a vasectomy and it's a very common & easilly performed procedure in the doctor's office because it's so quick & easy..and it has no other physiological function to your body ...other than to carry sperm so if someone is having sexual problems or loss in libido...it's more likely it's in their mind or something else *could* be wrong so to try to guess or research it on the internet is silly...see a doctor! Sperm is still there & everything is the same...it just doesn't leave your body. But if you really believe your procedure was botched...which would be unlikely IMO....or you are having symptoms or other problems, consult another urologist or even a sex therapist...instead of the internet... cause there can be all kinds of medical reasons for what you describe.....

Old 07-10-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
The vas deferens is cut & sealed in a vasectomy and it's a very common & easilly performed procedure in the doctor's office because it's so quick & easy..and it has no other physiological function to your body ...other than to carry sperm so if someone is having sexual problems or loss in libido...it's more likely it's in their mind or something else *could* be wrong so to try to guess or research it on the internet is silly...see a doctor! Sperm is still there & everything is the same...it just doesn't leave your body. But if you really believe your procedure was botched...which would be unlikely IMO....or you are having symptoms or other problems, consult another urologist or even a sex therapist...instead of the internet... cause there can be all kinds of medical reasons for what you describe.....
This problem occurred due to the cut and its not because "something else is wrong" because I didnt have that "something else" problem before the cut.

Its not possible that the sexual reduction that occurred permanently after my vasectomy is in my mind because its physical. Before my vasectomy I was able to bring my sexual functioning to full or even overly extent, whatever physical (not mental), physical damage that has occurred has greatly prevented me to return my functioning as before, yet the doctors I saw did not acknowledge this or treat it serious enough.

If I do see another doctor I fear he will not know the answer to my question im asking here, (actually one of the doctors I did ask said, "theres nothing there a doctor can cut to cause such a reduction to your sexual functioning."), or if I see another doctor he will not take the proper measures to find out what exactly happened to me just like what the other 3 doctors did before, or they will blame I need to stop having sex for 2 to 4 weeks to allow the vasectomy to fully heal.

They need to take a look inside my body to find out what was cut. Do they do that??? Maby I should go to a major men's sexual clinic, maby they can find out??

BUT internet can be a great place to ask this question if someone may know or knows a doctor who can answer it, or if there is a forum of doctors. I will rephrase the question-

If ANY MAN (not just me), if any man gets a vasectomy, what can be cut other than the vas deferens (near or not so near the vas, testicles or penis) to greatly decrease his sexual capability and cause the cut to bleed for around 20 to 25 minutes? (is there a nerve or vein related to erections that if cut would cause this?).

I actually know that there is a certain nerve near penis that if cut it will stop a man from having erections. I still can have erections but a 60% reduction occurred, was some of that nerve cut? The physical (not mental), physical damage has prevented me to return my sexual functioning to normal as before the cut(s), yet the doctors and medical system here in Canada failed me and did not at all treat it seriously enough. They ignored the fact that there was an extreme reduction and only told me to stop having sex for 2 to 4 weeks to fully allow the vasectomy to heal, although they did give me an MRI that revealed nothing wrong.

Last edited by domic; 07-10-2019 at 09:09 PM..

Old 07-10-2019, 08:45 PM

4,161 posts, read 2,520,868 times
I understand that your sexual function took a nosedive right after your operation. But have you had your testosterone levels checked since then? Just curious of what it's level may be currently. The lack of blood flow on that one side may have influenced it negatively somehow. Look for a doctor well versed in hormone replacement.

I found this while looking for lowered sex drive after a vasectomy. It may provide a clue. Many doctors don't know everything they should. I hope you get to the bottom of this. You know your body isn't responding correctly, and the doctors you went to don't listen.

https://www.menshormonalhealth.com/v...tosterone.html

----------------------------------------------

Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM

4,161 posts, read 2,520,868 times
Here are the results from my search on vasectomies and lowered testosterone forums. The forums are where you may find help from other guys who had the procedure done, and experienced low testosterone as a result. You will have to be your own detective, and dig around a lot. Good luck. Also, there are articles mixed in that poo poo the idea that the vasectomy was the culprit. You can skip over them, lol.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=kpU...60.rnbbGR1eEUQ

----------------------------------------------------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness